Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't believe in him in college. Still don't know if he's just another Devin Booker, but at least he can score.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Came in here to bump this thread lol

Maybe DMC can start a thread bashing him so he can really take off

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I love Dončić with all my heart and wouldn’t change a thing, but it’s very possible that the Mavs lost this trade by a fairly large margin. Especially if Reddish pans out into even a serviceable role player.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I love Dončić with all my heart and wouldn’t change a thing, but it’s very possible that the Mavs lost this trade by a fairly large margin. Especially if Reddish pans out into even a serviceable role player.
    He’s had two hot shooting nights, that’s really it. I still think doncic is easily the better and more complete player.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I wouldn't say that's the case. I watched Luka for the first time the other night vs. the Pelicans, and he definitely looks better suited for the Western Conference than Trae would be.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tough call but I still prefer Luka. Crazy how perfect it worked out for both teams lol doesn’t happen often

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Donutcic ever going to lose weight?

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Donutcic ever going to lose weight?
    if he does he will average 40 15 and 15 and that wouldn't be fair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice jinx tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh, ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a glorified Terrell Brandon tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a glorified Terrell Brandon tbh
    oh, ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae Young reminds me a lot of Michael Adams or a Dana Barros type of player. Got the green light to chuck, low efficiency, doesn't do anything else, gives up as many points as he gets, doesn't help his team win.

He is just lucky he's in today's NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae Young reminds me a lot of Michael Adams or a Dana Barros type of player. Got the green light to chuck, low efficiency, doesn't do anything else, gives up as many points as he gets, doesn't help his team win.

His efficiency is not low at all lol. His TS% is 58.2% this year and he's doing all this at 21

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His defense is atrocious though and Zach Lowe talked about it today (see#4):

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...s-big-question

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pretty much this

BJ Armstrong would be an MVP candidate in today’s NBA

Mark Price would be unanimous MVP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His efficiency is not low at all lol. His TS% is 58.2% this year and he's doing all this at 21
    Pretty much the same as Dana barros TS% rewards players who shoot a lot to threes and doesn’t take into account the high degree of variance in the shots. M

It also reward players with high FTa which is highly inflated in today’s nba for perimeter players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much the same as Dana barros TS% rewards players who shoot a lot to threes and doesn’t take into account the high degree of variance in the shots.
    lol what does this even mean

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It also reward players with high FTa which is highly inflated in today’s nba for perimeter players.
    Getting to the free throw line is good actually. Almost all of the top scorers in history from Jordan to Lebron to David Robinson have gotten to the line a ton in their primes. You could argue with the gimmicky bull of today's game but thats a separate topic

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    interesting fact. except for the fact that its a lie, because FTAs have been steadily declining over the past 30 years

this year teams are averaging 23 FTAs/game

2009 teams averaged 24.5

1999 teams averaged 25.3

1989 teams averaged 28.5

people like James Harden are simply an anomaly, quit acting like every perimeter player in the league is just getting abnormal amounts of FTs or something. and just like Harden, certain players have always gotten some sort of favoritism from the refs, Harden just has found a way to exploit rules better, much like Rodman and Laimbeer did on defense in the 80s, with all the flopping they made into an art form, and Isiah Thomas getting his fair share of cheap foul calls by jumping into defenders and flailing his arms everywhere.

its really funny how people who love 80s and 90s basketball want to call modern players soft because they whine to officials, flop and exploit officiating, and have big men shooting threes, when it was 80s and 90s players on the most "hard-nosed, physical, manly team ever" who made many of these things a trend to begin with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol what does this even mean
    Learn stats. Can be useful in other aspects of your life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting to the free throw line is good actually. Almost all of the top scorers in history from Jordan to Lebron to David Robinson have gotten to the line a ton in their primes. You could argue with the gimmicky bull of today's game but thats a separate topic
    Didn’t say it isn’t. Just that’s its so easy for perimeter players to get them in today’s nba.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interesting fact. except for the fact that its a lie, because FTAs have been steadily declining over the past 30 years

this year teams are averaging 23 FTAs/game

2009 teams averaged 24.5

1999 teams averaged 25.3

1989 teams averaged 28.5

people like James Harden are simply an anomaly, quit acting like every perimeter player in the league is just getting abnormal amounts of FTs or something. and just like Harden, certain players have always gotten some sort of favoritism from the refs, Harden just has found a way to exploit rules better, much like Rodman and Laimbeer did on defense in the 80s, with all the flopping they made into an art form, and Isiah Thomas getting his fair share of cheap foul calls by jumping into defenders and flailing his arms everywhere.

its really funny how people who love 80s and 90s basketball want to call modern players soft because they whine to officials, flop and exploit officiating, and have big men shooting threes, when it was 80s and 90s players on the most "hard-nosed, physical, manly team ever" who made many of these things a trend to begin with
    Because teams are all perimeter based now. Perimeter players get way more fta but inside players don’t.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Because teams are all perimeter based now. Perimeter players get way more fta but inside players don’t.
    hm and you dont think the reason teams are more perimeter based could possibly have anything to do with an improvement in skill level of players over the past 20-30 years? its just entirely 100% due to rules, and nothing else?

if we want to just chalk modern nba up to players being "soft", and "favorable rule changes", then maybe we should knock 80s and 90s players for lack of intelligence. i can't help but wonder how many FTs 80s and 90s players could have averaged if they simply did the "swing through" on players who were so crappy at defense that they had to resort to handchecking. unfortunately they werent as smart as todays nba to see the flaw in that style of defense, and exploit it for some easy points.

yesterdays nba
    league of re s
    too stupid to learn the game of basketball and its rules
    thinking skill = charging on offense and holding on defense
    thinking mental strength = flagrantly fouling people because you got embarrased for failing miserably at your job of playing basketball

Thread Information