Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he improves this year, there's no doubt about his ceiling being higher than we thought. If he can get his 3P% up closer to .400 (and take a few more), he's already there. But success also means that opposing teams will start coming after him harder, and that's when the real test starts.

But Brandon Roy? Find out who that blogger is, and we'll get to work figuring out his ST alt.
    who's we?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, if Brandon Roy is 'apt', then he can be a star. BR was a three time AS and 3 time All NBA player in basically 5 seasons.
    I meant in play style not his ceiling. I'm not sure anyone can say where he'll fall (role player, all star or more).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick white has a higher ceiling than brandon roy. Basketball is played on both sides. White is a defrnsive stud in the making. Roy was trash on defense.
    It is true that bball is played on both sides but I think there is a reason it is hard to find players that can do both. Players only have so much energy and if one is focusing his strengths on defense usually his offense will struggle as he gets out of rhythm, legs get tired, he gets winded, etc... I remember Pop being very hard on Kawhi that he would take plays off or ask for more minutes but Pop would limit his minutes based on the fact Kawhi needed to give 100% effort on both sides. I still believe the best Kawhi we saw was 2017. His offense is slightly better now but his defense took a nose dive. I also think White struggled on offense a bit because he knew his bread and butter was defense last year. If he can put everything together than maybe we can see him make an all-nba or all-star but few players can accomplish that level. I will be cheering for White to accomplish these things but his offense and his ability to penetrate is very inconsistent. Still think he is a play-making 2 gaurd and not a pg, which makes a 6th man role a slightly better fit but we will see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When is the soonest we can lock this kid up? He could be looking at a huge pay day down the road and if the Spurs have to choose between him and DDR then I hope they pick White

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From an offensive perspective he was similar to ddr. But way better.

He was a deadly iso player. Such a buttery smooth jumper. I like to watch him operate.

Defensively. He was absolutely atrocious.

100% spot on. It was a shame that he got injured. I appreciate ballers, even if they don't play for the Spurs. Roy was one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do some people really think players shoot their in-game percentages during practices? Pros are machines in practice.

I'm a White homer but that video isn't anything special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to be discouraging, Dwhite is one of my favorite players but da’ron Fox is kinda abusing him so far in the 1st quarter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to be discouraging, Dwhite is one of my favorite players but da’ron Fox is kinda abusing him so far in the 1st quarter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DWhite comes in, creates 3 wide open looks for his teammates, all missed.

But he's getting abused.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DWhite comes in, creates 3 wide open looks for his teammates, all missed.

But he's getting abused.
    hes been visibly frustrated at his own play lol you watching the right game?

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dwhite a practice all star. when the light gets bright he shys away.

lmao at FKLA

Murray better. At least he ain't scared.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dwhite a practice all star. when the light gets bright he shys away.

lmao at FKLA

Murray better. At least he ain't scared.
    Raybies another got with a got take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The IB fans are always quick to criticize white being scared or that he was benched in game 7. But prop up Murray for not being scared even though he had no jump shot his first 2 seasons. Looked like he was about to have one last year before getting injured. In essence, quit being gots and let these guys developments year after year speak for themselves. Can’t wait till White s on that raybies got all season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idiots/IB fans will act like he was bad, but in reality he's getting whatever he wants out there. His shot just isn't falling and neither are his teammates' when he creates for them. Doesn't help that he's on the clearly inferior team and that the senior team had a chip on their shoulders after all the talk of the select team dominating them at times.

Still, he had like 10 points and 10 assists. Select team looked lost when he was on the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray would have 40 points tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Led the Select Team with 12 points. Had 8 assists (noone on either team had more than 4). 3 rebs, 2 stls.

Too bad he wasn't hitting his open midrangers/threes and his teammates also shot it poorly or he would've stood out even more, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raybies another got with a got take.
    LMAO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay Salty my friends...

jebaited...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't impressed with Derrick's overall play in this scrimmage, to be honest. Offensively, he was fine, but he didn't really make a difference on the defensive end, which was disappointing. De'Aaron Fox outplayed him today.

According to the reports, it was the other way around over the last two days, and one game is not the be-all, end-all. Just a bit disappointed. Not sure if he's internalized how good he can be just yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People REALLY want to make White/Murray into Parker/Ginobili 2.0. Just let them sort it out on the court. Hopefully, they're both living in Walker's or Samanic's worlds soon enough anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People REALLY want to make White/Murray into Parker/Ginobili 2.0. Just let them sort it out on the court. Hopefully, they're both living in Walker's or Samanic's worlds soon enough anyway.
    i don't care either way.. I'm a spurs fan not a player fan. I just spit some cliches and look at these grown men get emotional

don't know who started the stupid white/murray comps but it's idiotic. just be glad we have them both. \\\

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't impressed with Derrick's overall play in this scrimmage, to be honest. Offensively, he was fine, but he didn't really make a difference on the defensive end, which was disappointing. De'Aaron Fox outplayed him today.

According to the reports, it was the other way around over the last two days, and one game is not the be-all, end-all. Just a bit disappointed. Not sure if he's internalized how good he can be just yet.
    hes mentally weak. scores 36 against Denver then forgets how to play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People really acting like Fox outplayed White. Half of his points were; 2 turnovers by White team that led to easy transition points, a steal on White from behind that may or may not have been a foul (White was pretty demonstrative about the fact that it was, no replays) that also led to an easy basket. The dunk down the middle was a defensive breakdown. Tbf he did have a nice open floor take against White.

Have them switch teams and get back to me.

Thread Information