Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hes mentally weak. scores 36 against Denver then forgets how to play
    What's IB's playoff career high, like 10 points?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One guy is still posting highlight videos on instagram. The other guy is doing this:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White called up to join the big team per NBA TV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One guy is still posting highlight videos on instagram. The other guy is doing this:

what is nepotism my man. white is 25 he should be getting good playoff numbers...Murray’s still young. kawhi was a finals MVP at 22..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. So now that this is done, there will be some people who believe Bucher actually had a source that told him this rather than just taking the same interviews we saw and reading the tea leaves. Obviously, I'm not saying any of this to detract from White. I'm happy he got on the big club and hope he is one of the final 12. I'm just saying that this is what guys like TSpence and Incarcerated Bob have been doing for years. They take something that is likely to happen based on reading the tea leaves and "report" it as a scoop. So the next time Bucher posts something about the Spurs, people will take it more seriously and give him attention even though he's just making it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Good. So now that this is done, there will be some people who believe Bucher actually had a source that told him this rather than just taking the same interviews we saw and reading the tea leaves. Obviously, I'm not saying any of this to detract from White. I'm happy he got on the big club and hope he is one of the final 12. I'm just saying that this is what guys like TSpence and Incarcerated Bob have been doing for years. They take something that is likely to happen based on reading the tea leaves and "report" it as a scoop. So the next time Bucher posts something about the Spurs, people will take it more seriously and give him attention even though he's just making it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to spend the remainder of the summer with Chip. I’m talking breakfast, lunch, and dinner time with Chip.

other aspects of his game are already so well rounded. Once\If he gets the shooting component down automatic then we cooking with gas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick's offense is going to struggle if he stays pg. His handles are still shaky for a pg and he is never in rhythm when he shoots. Prefer White at Sg and DJ at pg. White has no reason not to be a knockdown shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick's offense is going to struggle if he stays pg. His handles are still shaky for a pg and he is never in rhythm when he shoots. Prefer White at Sg and DJ at pg. White has no reason not to be a knockdown shooter.
    In his first season as starter, his asst/TO ratio was very close to 3/1, 3.9/1.2. His handles are not shaky at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In his first season as starter, his asst/TO ratio was very close to 3/1, 3.9/1.2. His handles are not shaky at all.
    That is a solid asst/TO ratio but that does not paint the whole picture for his handles. He struggles to consistently penetrate and he floated around a lot and not taking enough initiative on offense. Ultimately the most important thing for the team is that White and DJ start hitting there 3's. White seems uncomfortable having to run the offense and find his shot (asking too much of him imo.) This team's best offensive options are still LMA, Derozan, and Gay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is so off. Its akin to saying Walker is not a good athlete.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People REALLY want to make White/Murray into Parker/Ginobili 2.0. Just let them sort it out on the court. Hopefully, they're both living in Walker's or Samanic's worlds soon enough anyway.
    I'll be dancing in the streets if Murray and White end up being even half as good as Parker and Ginobili.

But yeah, there are too many here that seemed to like the whole "praise one of Tony and Manu while ting on the other" for it to just go away even though those players are gone. Unfortunate reality tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is so off. Its akin to saying Walker is not a good athlete.
    You should try and put context when reading that. It is a legit question on whether Derrick is suited for SG or PG. I think his offensive potential (scoring/shooting) is best suited as a SG. He will be a better player as a SG. You're comment above is your insecurity coming out just because you have this DJ vs White PG feud. White will definitely play a good amount of SG this year. With Demar, DJ, and Patty running point on a ton of sets.
    Last edited by SpursDynasty85; 08-10-2019 at 05:31 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should try and put context when reading that. It is a legit question on whether Derrick is suited for SG or PG. I think his offensive potential (scoring/shooting) is best suited as a SG. He will be a better as a SG too. You're comment above is your insecurity coming out just because you have this DJ vs White PG feud. White will definitely play a good amount of SG this year. With Demar, DJ, and Patty running point on a ton of sets.
    White is a natural PG. Sees plays develop before others do. Or flat out sees things that others don't. He's crafty, smooth, and always in control. Great at changing pace. His handles are fine. If anybody's handles are a cause for concern it's Murray's and his high dribble. Remember Pat Beverly bullying him and basically forcing him to bring the ball up with his back to the basket? Lmk when that happens to White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is a natural PG. Sees plays develop before others do. Or flat out sees things that others don't. He's crafty, smooth, and always in control. Great at changing pace. His handles are fine. If anybody's handles are a cause for concern it's Murray's and his high dribble. Remember Pat Beverly bullying him and basically forcing him to bring the ball up with his back to the basket? Lmk when that happens to White.
    I guess we can all see things differently but we both see a lot of potential in White. I think a PG main skills besides being a vocal presence, is to penetrate the lane. Being crafty, smooth, seeing plays ahead of time, are things that can be applied to all positions (Jokic, Lebron, Wade, Manu, etc...). Let DJ run the sets, let White loose like Manu.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said Murray. Congrats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sounds like what a lot of ST posters do, tbh,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so is that now THREE guys on this team who shrink under pressure?

LMA
    DDR
    now
    DW
    ???

The NO BALLS TRIO.

Great
    Ha ha, I like White, but he was not having a great outing with 7 turnovers. Channeling the spirit of Manu...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach Nick and 2 randoms opine on White as they're fully onboard. They cite him as already a top 10 defender in the league, and say he's a better on ball defender than Murray.

Starts a couple minutes in after some cringeworthy banter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White rules

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach Nick and 2 randoms opine on White as they're fully onboard. They cite him as already a top 10 defender in the league, and say he's a better on ball defender than Murray.

Starts a couple minutes in after some cringeworthy banter.
    but but what about about IB's all-defense selection

Been saying he's a better defender for a year now. He single handedly turned a bottom of the barrel defense into a middle of the pack defense last year. His defensive versatility is insane (assigned someone like Nephew one day, Kyrie the next). He was robbed of an all-defense selection last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but but what about about IB's all-defense selection

Been saying he's a better defender for a year now. He single handedly turned a bottom of the barrel defense into a middle of the pack defense last year. His defensive versatility is insane (assigned someone like Nephew one day, Kyrie the next). He was robbed of an all-defense selection last year.
    Considering Murray was out all of last year and White didn't play much his rookie season not sure how much that proclamation means tbh. White is an elite defensive guard, but while he did make us a middle of the pact defensive team last year, Spurs were #4 overall in DRTG in 2018 with Murray as our starter and nephew out the entire season. obv losing Green/Anderson factor into that but Murray is an elite defensive player in his own right...

Thread Information