Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is going to have even worse spacing next year. A lot is going to be riding on DJM and White being improved shooters. Either that, it they're just going to have to lock down everyone defensively. The problem with the second route is that defense is much less important to success in the NBA nowadays

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White and Murray next season will be awesome BUT the fact remains that Murray WILL be the starting PG next season. Pop isn't having Murray travel with the team now if that were not the case. He's stressed multiple times this season that Murray will be very important to the team's plans next season too. And starting both of them isn't going to happen as long as DeMar is here. The best case scenario is that White will play the Manu super sub role. With Mills back to towel waiving and garbage time and Forbes holding the players' bags. Murray was named starter before he went down and I don't think Pop will demote him all of a sudden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's interesting how fast the Spurs could potentially go from a relatively poor defensive team to an elite one next season, and it's not a remote possibility at all:

1. Dejounte returns, healthy.
    2. Spurs draft Matisse Thybulle.
    3. Spurs sign inexpensive defensive minded back up C like Khem Birch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's interesting how fast the Spurs could potentially go from a relatively poor defensive team to an elite one next season, and it's not a remote possibility at all:

1. Dejounte returns, healthy.
    2. Spurs draft Matisse Thybulle.
    3. Spurs sign inexpensive defensive minded back up C like Khem Birch.
    And getting rid of or less minutes of Forbes, Bellinelli, and Mills will automatically improve the D too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White and Murray next season will be awesome BUT the fact remains that Murray WILL be the starting PG next season. Pop isn't having Murray travel with the team now if that were not the case. He's stressed multiple times this season that Murray will be very important to the team's plans next season too. And starting both of them isn't going to happen as long as DeMar is here. The best case scenario is that White will play the Manu super sub role. With Mills back to towel waiving and garbage time and Forbes holding the players' bags. Murray was named starter before he went down and I don't think Pop will demote him all of a sudden.
    Right now, Demar is starting at the 3, and Forbes at the 2. You want to send White to the bench, and continue to start Forbes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I never got the "Unathletic" label some people gave him... All of his draft combine #s were elite.
    For one, there was a vocal Jordan Bell contingent that was looking for any reason to rationalize their obvious expertise and how PATFO were clueless. Then there’s the other group of trolls who say PATFO are clueless and who justify their hate of all draft picks as a reverse jinx so they’re covered either way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I never got the "Unathletic" label some people gave him... All of his draft combine #s were elite.
    For one, there was a vocal Jordan Bell contingent that was looking for any reason to rationalize their obvious expertise and how PATFO were clueless. Then there’s the other group of trolls who say PATFO are clueless and who justify their hate of all draft picks as a reverse jinx so they’re covered either way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now, Demar is starting at the 3, and Forbes at the 2. You want to send White to the bench, and continue to start Forbes?
    DeMar isn't a true wing player. I'd rather we focus on getting that wing player in the offseason while having White as our supersub since there's no way DeMar gets traded in the offseason. Otherwise, I would definitely welcome a Murray and White starting backcourt. I want Forbes to rot in .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and I was pissed when we passed up on Jordan Bell and drafted this Derrick White guy...............damn, was I wrong
    the rare ST mea culpa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar isn't a true wing player. I'd rather we focus on getting that wing player in the offseason while having White as our supersub since there's no way DeMar gets traded in the offseason. Otherwise, I would definitely welcome a Murray and White starting backcourt. I want Forbes to rot in .
    I can't see them re-upping Rudy, AND paying the MLE for another wing when they have Rudy, DeMar, and Bertans, all over 6'7", and possessing perimeter skills to cover the front court positions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO people who hate Forbes are idiots. Forbes will start next year but sub out early for Murray. White is too important to setting up LMA to put on the bench. Let my touches get warm and then bring in Murray to run a fastbreak unit. People dreaming for the max defense lineup need to stop knocking what works. Spurs won't abandon the 3 guard lineup just because they pick up an Austin Spurs bound rookie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't see them re-upping Rudy, AND paying the MLE for another wing when they have Rudy, DeMar, and Bertans, all over 6'7", and possessing perimeter skills to cover the front court positions.
    They would be making a huge mistake then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO people who hate Forbes are idiots. Forbes will start next year but sub out early for Murray. White is too important to setting up LMA to put on the bench. Let my touches get warm and then bring in Murray to run a fastbreak unit. People dreaming for the max defense lineup need to stop knocking what works. Spurs won't abandon the 3 guard lineup just because they pick up an Austin Spurs bound rookie.
    Rotation that makes most sense for next season is:

SL: White, Forbes, DeRozan, Bertans, Aldridge
    Bench: Murray, Mills, Belinelli, Gay, Poeltl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They would be making a huge mistake then.
    People say that every year about PATFO, like 21 in a row, IIRC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard Sean Elliott say on the broadcast against the bucks that Murray and white will play together. He would know as he’s got the scoop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gotta make room for the two wings we draft+the wing we sign with the MLE, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes: 11.38 PER which is the equivalent of a non-rotational player, -1.71 RPM which is the 4th fourth worst amongst two guards averaging 28 minutes or more and 6th worst amongst PGs averaging 28 minutes or more and has actually gotten a little better the last few days since Pop has realized how much of a turd he is, Overall net rating is -2.5 which is the worst in the team outside of Cunningham, Metu and Walker and is actually a putrid -4.9 since the All Star break. Yeah...people who hate Forbes, especially as a starter, are idiots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Forbes and Mills will be gone by next year. Forbes will be gone at the start of next year and Mills will be gone by the trading deadline. Draft pick/ Lonnie will be called up by Feb 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta make room for the two wings we draft+the wing we sign with the MLE, imho.
    amen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    put Dejounte "IG Baller" Murray on the bench and start White

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People say that every year about PATFO, like 21 in a row, IIRC.
    Last time I checked, we didn't have 21 rings. PATFO aren't infallible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are winning even with Forbes being clearly a negative in the court is proof of how good White is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes and Mills will be gone by next year. Forbes will be gone at the start of next year and Mills will be gone by the trading deadline. Draft pick/ Lonnie will be called up by Feb 2020.
    I think Pop looks at Forbes as a long-term designated shooter even if he doesn't remain a starter.

Since Forbes is the successor to Mills, Mills should probably be traded.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In "today's NBA", a prototypical SF is the holy grail. The Spurs can't afford one of those next year. I like Rudy Gay, but I don't think he's going to be able to stand up to 2,000 minutes in a season anymore, which is sort of the cutoff for starter's minutes. So they're going to have to fill in those minutes another way. I thin the Spurs should do their best to get Darius Miller under the MLE and draft a wing with upside to develop in Austin. Let Murray play the 3 when they're going small.

But I think we've all see how important White's ball handling and playmaking are. The Spurs lead the league in fewest turnovers, and he's a big part of that. I don't see how you can have a SL without him in it now. White, DDR, and Aldridge will be starting, and Pop will experiment with the other two spots.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop looks at Forbes as a long-term designated shooter even if he doesn't remain a starter.

Since Forbes is the successor to Mills, Mills should probably be traded.

I'll buy that. I sort of thought they would keep Mills rather than salary dump a player - and they won't get much in the way of value out of him. But I've been saying that Forbes is a disaster when he's in the starting lineup with DDR because the defense is just too porous. But as a designated shooter with the second unit? Yeah, that's tolerable.

Thread Information