Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dots. He is a Spur for life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The man, the myth, the legend will have his own interview posted soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got like what, 4 to 5 days to sign him to an extension?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like White but again another season where he is missing time from foot injuries not trying to jump off a cliff but they are concerning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got like what, 4 to 5 days to sign him to an extension?
    I don't think the Spurs re-sign him, tbh, and it'll cost them. Now is the time to take advantage of his recurring injuries to sign him at a discount. Once he's balled out this season and the cat's out of the bag, other teams' offers will probably force the Spurs into overpaying him. I'm not in the least concerned about his future productivity, in regards to this latest toe injury of his - but another bout of plantar fasciitis might've changed my tune. Overall, gotta hope Wright is up to something, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like White but again another season where he is missing time from foot injuries not trying to jump off a cliff but they are concerning
    His window to become a starting caliber PG is closing fast, that's for sure. That's his potential as he has shown multiple times, but for now it's Murray's job pretty solidly in Pop's mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not hurt. he's holding out for an extension. Probably not but would you be shocked?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t the spurs have kawhi wait to sign his rookie extension so we could sign LMA?? Maybe the spurs are eying someone in next seasons free agency

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t the spurs have kawhi wait to sign his rookie extension so we could sign LMA?? Maybe the spurs are eying someone in next seasons free agency
    They definitely are, and that could be why re-upping White isn't a priority yet. The downside is that he could get a huge contract, especially with most of the bigger names out of the running. I also think they feel bitten by Murray and could want to wait to see even if it means paying more. I could see them only looking at RFA's like Collins at this point, and if that's the case, the lost cap space might not even be a big deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference was that Kawhi was a max player. No one was going to outbid us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Derrick White is here to stay, boys

Last edited by Dejounte; 12-17-2020 at 06:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Derrick White is here to stay, boys
    Hope you’re right Dejounte. After watching the Pop video in the game thread you posted, I’m not so sure.
    He mentioned about him being hurt multiple times etc
    Pure perception on my part but it sounded to me like White’s agency thinking he may be in line for a raise the Spurs are unwilling (at this point) to give.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Positive sound bites from Pop re White's extension.

Really like White and hope he stays but it seems every pre-season/camp he gets injured, misses time, then takes 15 games to get his rhythm back. I wish he was more reliable and durable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick is here to stay.....book it! Calm your s boys!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick is here to stay.....book it! Calm your s boys!
    I'm calming my s. My s are calm. Thank you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm calming my s. My s are calm. Thank you.
    Cool.....lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are some of the worst basketball takes I have ever seen posted on the internet.

Like, if I asked Donald Trump about the spurs, this is the type of stuff I would expect him to type.

Never once said the bubble team was built around Murray. It wasn't built around anymore. You just straight made that up out of thin air to argue a point that doesn't even exist.

Teams upside isn't dependent on young guys improving? This is the literal dumbest thing I have ever heard. Do we ring in 2014 if Kawhi never improved ? Are the Bucks contenders if Giannis never improves ? Do the Pelicans get a haul of young players and picks if Anthony Davis improves ? Is Portland a playoff team if Dame never improves?

Your argument about Murray doesn't make any sense because he is the one with the 4 year contract, not all the other players, by virtue of them having one more year left on their deals and Dejounte having 4. It's not in bent upon Dejounte to try and figure out how to play with DDR, because Dejounte has a 4 year contract to play here, it's in bent upon DDR to figure out how to play with Dejounte, because the Spurs have had an entire season to work out a deal to keep him here, and they haven't done it yet, and I don't think they are going to do it.

Just awful basketball and commen sense takes in your post. This is the type of stuff that might get Trump elected for a second term...
    Gotta say i agree with you more than the other guy. (Don't mess with my Trump tho!)

DM is really under appreciated in this board for some reason. He's not the issue. In fact this guy becomes very valuable for his "dog" approach to defense in the PO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gearing up for another season

Thread Information