Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering Murray was out all of last year and White didn't play much his rookie season not sure how much that proclamation means tbh. White is an elite defensive guard, but while he did make us a middle of the pact defensive team last year, Spurs were #4 overall in DRTG in 2018 with Murray as our starter and nephew out the entire season. obv losing Green/Anderson factor into that but Murray is an elite defensive player in his own right...
    Green and Anderson are Top 5 defenders at their respective positions. I think the 2018 defense is just as good or better if you plug in White in IB's place. Can you say the same about last year's defense, if you plug in IB in White's place? That's a no, imo.

IMO IB is an above average to good defender. Somewhat overrated. Kind of like a George Hill. White is truly elite, in the same company as guys like Beverly, Smart, Allen, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green and Anderson are Top 5 defenders at their respective positions. I think the 2018 defense is just as good or better if you plug in White in IB's place. Can you say the same about last year's defense, if you plug in IB in White's place? That's a no, imo.

IMO IB is an above average to good defender. Somewhat overrated. Kind of like a George Hill. White is truly elite, in the same company as guys like Beverly, Smart, Allen, etc.
    murray is our only all-defensive team guard tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand why we always need to say one of our guy is better than the other, what I envisaged is that both White and Murray playing together is going to make our defense so much better.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand why we always need to say one of our guy is better than the other, what I envisaged is that both White and Murray playing together is going to make our defense so much better.
    Because it is the off season and people have to find something to talk about to kill the time before preseason and same people like to quote themselves so they can say told you so months ago to make themselves appear like basketball gurus.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's an article led "NBA's Young Role Players Who Can Still Become Stars". Derrick White is listed at the end of the article.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...l-become-stars

Small excerpt:

He's already become an effective NBA shot-creator and efficient scorer off the dribble, having just converted 44.6 percent of his pull-ups and 53.0 percent of his drives. Those numbers would rank with some of the league's top guards if he were able to sustain them on more attempts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it is the off season and people have to find something to talk about to kill the time before preseason and same people like to quote themselves so they can say told you so months ago to make themselves appear like basketball gurus.
    bingo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick and Pop are in my city at the footy...crazy watching these worlds collide as an Aussie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is White ok?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda old news already, but didn't find it posted anywhere else yet. White took a pretty nasty fall against Australia:

Need four s ches over his eye and passed his concussion tests. He played a bit vs. Canada so they must feel he is alright.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White will have a breakout season this upcoming NBA season.

Let's hope that he can excel in WC play and that said confidence leads him to a dominant season much like Manu's 2004 Olympic run gave way to a dominant 2004-2005 season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    murray is our only all-defensive team guard tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    god bless the great Derrick White

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Racist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White making his mark in NBA daily news. Opening picture on article about defense oriented team USA is of White guarding the Greek Freak and the article mentions his defense as the key to stoppiing him on at least one possession. He's not just watching and learning as a newcomer on Team USA, he's getting some burn and some deserved praise.

I can hardly wait to see this year's team take shape.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His shooting not seeming to be taking shape yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White's ceiling is Andre Miller tbh. Non shooter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White's ceiling is Andre Miller tbh. Non shooter
    Different players but it would be amazing if White had a career like Andre Miller. Dude was real good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Different players but it would be amazing if White had a career like Andre Miller. Dude was real good.
    Yeah it’s not meant as an insult. Miller was an excellent PG and delivered in multiple playoff games as well. Very consistent PG with vision and pace. JKidd without the jumper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m a big Derrick White fan so maybe I’m bias but I think his jump shot will be fine. He just has to not worry about Pop pulling him if he misses some and plays patty mills instead lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m a big Derrick White fan so maybe I’m bias but I think his jump shot will be fine. He just has to not worry about Pop pulling him if he misses some and plays patty mills instead lol
    50 million dollar man gonna play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got exposed BUG TIME in the World Cup tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Derrick shot almost 40% from the college 3-point line. Even though he did not shoot as well in G-league play as my faulty memory recalled, I think he will be much improved this season. If BOTH he and Dijon have improved their 3-pt shots, the Spurs will be in business. I believe Patty will get plenty of burn, but more at the 2 spot. Especially after White's FIBA outing, I expect him to be on a much longer leash this season. He should not need to look over his shoulder at Patty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did it help him? Well, compared to sitting on his ass in Colorado all summer I think the level of compe ors he was exposed to every day in practice was proof to him that he is nearing legitimacy as an NBA star. Of course it helped him.

Thread Information