Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A big head that can actually play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is legit. Hes quickly becoming my favorite player!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been pimping him since he was drafted as a future stud for us. And he gives me hope we can have a quick ascendancy back to the top of the standings next year, especially if Pop and staff can figure out a way to incorporate both he and Murray onto the the floor at the same time.

Assuming he can stay healthy...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVP on the Spurs for for sure. He changes on how well the spurs play defence and offence just by playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen him leading the players as well already. telling LMA where to go, getting the guys into position. Thats fantastic!

If LMA and DDR can get it into their heads and they are not ever going to win a championship by trying to be the #1 option on a team, and that they just need to do whats best for the team, then maybe this team can have a chance of winning going forward.

White seems to have good chemistry with Aldridge already. I like that. DDR and White clash a little just cause they are both ball handlers and not super great shooters. But i know they can work together and find a way to become great together. Players just HAVE to put their EGO to the side. But thats a monumental task.

But if they ever could, this team could become special next year. Especially with Murray coming back and maybe Walker getting some action. And we'll see what our draft picks get us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen him leading the players as well already. telling LMA where to go, getting the guys into position. Thats fantastic!

If LMA and DDR can get it into their heads and they are not ever going to win a championship by trying to be the #1 option on a team, and that they just need to do whats best for the team, then maybe this team can have a chance of winning going forward.

White seems to have good chemistry with Aldridge already. I like that. DDR and White clash a little just cause they are both ball handlers and not super great shooters. But i know they can work together and find a way to become great together. Players just HAVE to put their EGO to the side. But thats a monumental task.

But if they ever could, this team could become special next year. Especially with Murray coming back and maybe Walker getting some action. And we'll see what our draft picks get us.
    One thing I've noticed is that White is a MUCH better 3 point shooter as a catch and shoot option. When he goes off the bounce, it rarely goes in. That's something he can work on this summer. Even with that glitch, he's still shooting 34.5% from downtown. Not elite, but far and above what DD shoots. I even think his midrange game is better. He seems to be able to find the open areas better than DD, who dribbles into traffic too often without being at the rim.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I've noticed is that White is a MUCH better 3 point shooter as a catch and shoot option. When he goes off the bounce, it rarely goes in. That's something he can work on this summer. Even with that glitch, he's still shooting 34.5% from downtown. Not elite, but far and above what DD shoots. I even think his midrange game is better. He seems to be able to find the open areas better than DD, who dribbles into traffic too often without being at the rim.
    I disagree here. He can shoot the 3 from the dribble. Did you even watch the Summer league games?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree here. He can shoot the 3 from the dribble. Did you even watch the Summer league games?
    Did I really have to write 'in real NBA game action'? Who cares about SL? That's like bragging on g-league action. Kyle Anderson was a veritable god in both of those venues, and couldn't do in real action. I've watched probably 90% of the Spurs games so far, and haven't seen him shoot well beyond the arc off the bounce. Do I think he can figure it out? I think it's likely, but right now, he's not there yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even after good performances like this, White is not a pure point gaurd. He can be just as effective at SG. He can play off screens and attack the baskt from the wing positions too. I see Dejounte being our pg and ball handler and White coming off screens to make plays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see him attacking the basket more, and taking more control towards the end of the game. With the advent of Harden, Doncic, big guards who can finish, I like to see him fathom some of their moves, euro-step, step-back. He needs to bulk-up some more to take contact, and working more on his 3's. This kid could be a triple-double sooner than anyone in the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs reddit with the goods

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs reddit with the goods

haha i saw that.

whos yo daddy!
    d white is yo daddy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even after good performances like this, White is not a pure point gaurd. He can be just as effective at SG. He can play off screens and attack the baskt from the wing positions too. I see Dejounte being our pg and ball handler and White coming off screens to make plays.
    He has better vision and passing ability than DJ. Some of the passes that he threads within 5-6 feet of the rim just astound me.

Besides, in the Spurs offense, the idea of a pure point guard is moot. Positionless basketball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree White has it all good court vision, good handles, speed, willingness to set up team mates for easy buckets etc. yeah he is a PG.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "It's the fourth quarter. I need to go to The Head."
    Last edited by ZeusWillJudge; 03-07-2019 at 07:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has better vision and passing ability than DJ. Some of the passes that he threads within 5-6 feet of the rim just astound me.

Besides, in the Spurs offense, the idea of a pure point guard is moot. Positionless basketball.
    No doubt White currently is the better playmaker and more seasoned. I like the idea of putting White in a position to score more and then kick out as a result of that. Currently he struggles to get the kind of penetration needed in the Spurs system as a pg. Murray I can see doing a better job of that once he grows into that role more.

Next year's SL. imo, should be Murray, White, DDR, Bertans, Aldridge. Bench unit is muddled with undersized gaurds which hopefully PATFO will address. Gay and Poeltl at the frontcourt and hopefully a SF from the draft or LW if he is ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade DeBrick Depression for Kyle Kuzma or Ingram

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just give him the max already, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found SpurPadre’s alt

Thread Information