Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dang it's two years from now? Thought he could walk after next season. My bad
    On a 5 year rookie deal, you can sign an extension after year three that kicks in after year four. If you don’t, you’re a restricted FA after year four. If you still can’t reach a deal, the team has a one year option for year five. It’s bad to get to that point. It’s considered a one year contract, so the player cannot be traded without their consent, and they’re unrestricted at the end of the season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every players know the market is lower now even Poeltl has said as much that it would be lower because of the Pandemic and China. Cap would not rise it is projected at 115 now but it would stay that way or lower the following years.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, I've never seen so many people complaing about a team friendly deal. If White, loves playing here and is willing to take paycut, y'all should be happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The cap was projected to be 115 million. Dropped to 114 after Morey tweet and China got pissed. Then here comes Covid. They played under a cap of 109 million this year. The best hope they have is if the cap stays the same at 109 million or slightly drops. But, with all the revenue streams that were road blocked this year, that cap isn't rising anytime soon. Getting White on an extension that's slightly more money than Mills per year, I'd take that all day long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The gap in Murray's contract and this speculated offer is small enough that the different financial climate doesn't fly in this case.

The Spurs should worry about that and if they're not, White and his agent definitely should.
    This doesn't make sense. If you take Deeks projections for the future cap years a good estimate of what a non-COVID cap would've been, you have Murray averaging just under 1/8 of the cap over his first three years (Deeks didn't project into the final year of DJM's deal). With the news now that the cap is expected to be flat for the next two seasons and then depressed the season after that, we can project what Murray's contract would have to have been in non-COVID dollars in order to have the impact that his real contract will have. Murray's contract is now projected to take up an average of 14 percent of the cap, or a $73M/4. This projected opening offer for White will have the same impact as a $68M/4 deal would've when Murray signed his deal.

So yeah, this offer to White is comparatively better than the one they gave Murray. The Spurs cannot have as much confidence in their future financial situation as they had last year. We may still be heading toward a lockout if the owners and players can't agree to a deal. Murray's contract looks much worse now than it did then because of how less likely it is that the Spurs can retain future flexibility with that deal on the books. The Spurs should think twice before committing a bigger contract to White, even though the dude is obviously worth more than DJM right now. They can't afford to spend like the league isn't in a crisis right now. Derrick has a very real value that can be exceeded by a bad deal, and while the Spurs could come up a decent amount from this and still have a good contract, they can't go into this worrying about DJM's and White's status or feelings.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte is in a role ill suited for him. In the bubble he had shared responsibilities and that’s how it should be. However, the presence of DeRozan and his stature, in my opinion, helped DJ accept a shared role. If Derozan is no longer on the team, can DJ share the back court with Derrick and not pout? I’m dubious, but hope it can change.
    Weird that you think that Dejounte would pout when he advocated for playing with White more this whole season...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White will sign that contract and Spurs will take care of him in the long run. He's a lifer.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird that you think that Dejounte would pout when he advocated for playing with White more this whole season...
    If Dejounte is no longer the point guard, then yes I think he would see that as a demotion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Dejounte is no longer the point guard, then yes I think he would see that as a demotion.
    White has clearly supplanted him and possibly Keldon by mid-season. Him and Lonnie are the ones competing for minutes this year, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are truly moving on from LMA, and going back to The Beautiful Game, then there really isn’t a PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are truly moving on from LMA, and going back to The Beautiful Game, then there really isn’t a PG.
    That would be great. But there’s no guarantee in either of those first two suppositions. But if they are trying to get back to that style of play, I don’t know if our current players are anywhere near what we had back in 2014 to make it work.

Again, my point is that Murray sees himself as a point guard, and if he doesn’t have the ball in his hands so that he can tell himself that he’s a point guard, then I wonder how he will react to a change in role. Let’s hope it is not a problem, obviously. And I would love for the beautiful game to return, for it to work, for there not to be any player dissatisfaction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be great. But there’s no guarantee in either of those first two suppositions. But if they are trying to get back to that style of play, I don’t know if our current players are anywhere near what we had back in 2014 to make it work.
    I think it would. We actually have a higher volume of penetraters now, with DJ, White, Lonnie, and Keldon. Back in the day, it was really only TP, Manu, and Boris. Patty and LDN were stationary objects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White has clearly supplanted him and possibly Keldon by mid-season. Him and Lonnie are the ones competing for minutes this year, imo.
    Why do you think White has clearly supplanted him? Obviously, White is a better point guard but White is the one who got second team minutes much of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it would. We actually have a higher volume of penetraters now, with DJ, White, Lonnie, and Keldon. Back in the day, it was really only TP, Manu, and Boris. Patty and LDN were stationary objects.
    Fair point. For it to work, everyone needs to be a willing passer, not necessarily a brilliant passer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The BG years totally had a lead PG. They didn't have someone set everyone up CP3 style, but Parker did leverage the offense for the most part. The Spurs aren't near that. They don't have any good penetators except maybe DMDR. White and Johnson do well on secondary penetration, but they need someone to cause the defense to move to give them leverage. That's why Kira Lewis is so intriguing. The BG Spurs also relied on a solid foundation of post-ups -- with the post duck-in being the first option in the motion-weak set the team used at the time. Getting rid of LMA and starting Poeltl would hurt that. If they drafted someone like Toppin and giving him the task to bullying his man to get good position in the paint and then finding the open man if he's doubled, then that would make sense. The BG was also backed up with a great defense with one of the best defenders in NBA history, one of the best wing defenders in NBA history, some guy named Kawhi, Splitter and numerous other players who were at least average on that end during the team's heyday. If you're trying to replicate that with DMDR playing PF, it's going to be really hard.

If I were going to fix the offense, I'd draft Toppin, trade Murray for Lewis, have LMA stay outside most of the time and run Lewis, White, DeRozan, Toppin, Aldridge as the first unit and Mills, Walker, Johnson, Gay and Poeltl as the second unit. That's not a perfect rotation, but it has a lot of offensive dynamism and room to grow as the vets age out. Plus as is it preserves a max slot for 2021. Why would they need that? No idea. But it could come in handy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the source even legit?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Lewis I would do that trade in a heart beat I think he could have a big impact on any team that lands him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think White has clearly supplanted him? Obviously, White is a better point guard but White is the one who got second team minutes much of the year.

The bubble play sealed it. White was the leader of the young squad which includes Murray. It would be stupid of the coaches at this point to consider White lower in the rotation than Murray. I will say there is a small sliver he wins it back if he improves drastically because he may not have been fully "feeling right" comjng back from surgery. I am hoping that was the case.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The BG years totally had a lead PG. They didn't have someone set everyone up CP3 style, but Parker did leverage the offense for the most part. The Spurs aren't near that. They don't have any good penetators except maybe DMDR. White and Johnson do well on secondary penetration, but they need someone to cause the defense to move to give them leverage. That's why Kira Lewis is so intriguing. The BG Spurs also relied on a solid foundation of post-ups -- with the post duck-in being the first option in the motion-weak set the team used at the time. Getting rid of LMA and starting Poeltl would hurt that. If they drafted someone like Toppin and giving him the task to bullying his man to get good position in the paint and then finding the open man if he's doubled, then that would make sense. The BG was also backed up with a great defense with one of the best defenders in NBA history, one of the best wing defenders in NBA history, some guy named Kawhi, Splitter and numerous other players who were at least average on that end during the team's heyday. If you're trying to replicate that with DMDR playing PF, it's going to be really hard.

If I were going to fix the offense, I'd draft Toppin, trade Murray for Lewis, have LMA stay outside most of the time and run Lewis, White, DeRozan, Toppin, Aldridge as the first unit and Mills, Walker, Johnson, Gay and Poeltl as the second unit. That's not a perfect rotation, but it has a lot of offensive dynamism and room to grow as the vets age out. Plus as is it preserves a max slot for 2021. Why would they need that? No idea. But it could come in handy.
    I don't understand why people are so quick to want to get rid of Murray, especially for players who we have seen play exactly 0 seconds of nba basketball, while at the same time carving out some role on this team for LMA, and we played our most consistent basketball when he wasn't on the team...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand why people are so quick to want to get rid of Murray, especially for players who we have seen play exactly 0 seconds of nba basketball, while at the same time carving out some role on this team for LMA, and we played our most consistent basketball when he wasn't on the team...
    Um... The Spurs didn't play their best basketball without LMA. With him, they made the playoffs four years in a row. People act as if somehow eight games were the entire season. The reality is that DMDR at the four isn't sustainable. It's something the team should do as much as they can get away with it, but how much that is way less than full time. DeRozan can't hold up there, and it's too easy to exploit. Not playing Forbes really helped. It's also not like Murray played well in the bubble.

Four years isn't quick to give up on anyone. And trading a guy doesn't mean you hate him. STers have this block where they think you keep every good player and somehow can trade all the bad ones for value. Murray isn't horrible, and he should be able to return something good. But he absolutely doesn't fit with the team, and his demeanor is such that he shouldn't be expected to scale back to where he can fit better.

The team's upside isn't hoping that their guys play well. It's getting guys with higher ceilings that fit with their best players (present and future) and hoping they become more than the sum of their parts. To that end, the starting five I listed has way more realistic upside than one where Murray is shoehorned into the starting PG role. Rather than hoping Murray all of the sudden becomes a completely different player and that the team can somehow find the spacing to make Murray/DMDR work and the defense to make tiny-ball viable full time, you just have to hope that everyone can play to their strengths. It also doesn't help that Murray on his contract and White on a similar one is too much money to commit to a rotation that lacks a star and doesn't really play well together. Turning DJM and his contract into a new rookie-scale guard frees up long-term salary for attacking other positions, which is critical to the Spurs have a quick rebuild/reload.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can S/T DD, and it frees up room for our young players, then you do it.
    If you can trade LMA, without taking back years of a bad salary, then you do it.
    If you can trade Dejounte for a higher draft pick, you do it.

However, I don't know if the Spurs will commit to any one of those ideas, and most likely not all three. The team is still risk averse and avoids big changes. But I am happy if they pursue any of those changes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um... The Spurs didn't play their best basketball without LMA. With him, they made the playoffs four years in a row. People act as if somehow eight games were the entire season. The reality is that DMDR at the four isn't sustainable. It's something the team should do as much as they can get away with it, but how much that is way less than full time. DeRozan can't hold up there, and it's too easy to exploit. Not playing Forbes really helped. It's also not like Murray played well in the bubble.

Four years isn't quick to give up on anyone. And trading a guy doesn't mean you hate him. STers have this block where they think you keep every good player and somehow can trade all the bad ones for value. Murray isn't horrible, and he should be able to return something good. But he absolutely doesn't fit with the team, and his demeanor is such that he shouldn't be expected to scale back to where he can fit better.

The team's upside isn't hoping that their guys play well. It's getting guys with higher ceilings that fit with their best players (present and future) and hoping they become more than the sum of their parts. To that end, the starting five I listed has way more realistic upside than one where Murray is shoehorned into the starting PG role. Rather than hoping Murray all of the sudden becomes a completely different player and that the team can somehow find the spacing to make Murray/DMDR work and the defense to make tiny-ball viable full time, you just have to hope that everyone can play to their strengths. It also doesn't help that Murray on his contract and White on a similar one is too much money to commit to a rotation that lacks a star and doesn't really play well together. Turning DJM and his contract into a new rookie-scale guard frees up long-term salary for attacking other positions, which is critical to the Spurs have a quick rebuild/reload.
    The very last thing you typed is the exact problem with your stance. There is no quick rebuild / reload for the spurs.

You seem to be looking at this from the perspective of the spurs are this team that is set in stone going forward, and for whatever reason you do not think Dejounte fits into that team, so he needs to be moved for some piece that does fit. I think the opposite. I think their are very few things on this team that are set in stone, seeing as how every single player on this team except Dejounte and soon to be Derrick White is on a one year deal or on a rookie contract.

I also think it's difficult to know exactly how good Dejounte really is because he could not be playing with a group of players who are a worst fit for his skillset, which right now is pushing the ball offensively. Forbes doesn't do anything but shoot open 3's, so unless Dejounte is passing to him while he is open, he gains nothing. LMA is either going to pick and pop all night and you can get some assist out of feeding him, or he is going to hold the ball forever doing his yabba dabba doo post moves and you are going to get 0 assist giving him the ball. He is also one of the worst passing big men I have ever seen and NEVER EVER EVEN ONCE hits Dejounte when he cuts to the rim, which he is very good at, but you wouldn't know unless you really watch a lot of film cause you know, LMA never passes him the ball in that situation. DDR doesn't like to catch and shoot, he prefers to set his own shot up with his dribble, so Dejounte is never going to get anything out of him either. He doesn't shoot 3's, so forget about him ever being an option to get the ball off of Dejounte, or anyone else dribble penetration. Poeltl pretty much doesn't shoot the ball period, and when he does he goes up like the quintessential soft white euro player and ends up bricking the shot or having somebody 4 inches shorter than him block his shot. Rudy is a willing catch and shoot player but it depends more on how his body is feeling that night if he is going to actually makes shots or not. Patty is another guy who only shoots 3's and long 2's...

So Dejounte is left playing with a guy who doesn't do anything but shoot 3's...a guy who NEVER shoots 3's...a guy who either picks and pops all night or NEVER picks and pops, a guy who doesn't shoot at all, and a guy who's body is failing him and you don't really know what you are going to get...I would say the answer is to get rid of those guys and build an actual modern nba team around Dejounte...which the spurs were NOT until they played in the bubble...and then see what happens...

I think this teams upside is EXACTLY what you said it isn't, which is hoping their young guys take a leap and play well. Which is, you know, how virtually every team in the nba operates...and I think the first step in them doing that is to trade an aging big who can only put up effective numbers when the entire offense runs through him, to the detriment of everyone else...spurs need to find a big who can play within the flow of a modern nba offense, a thing that LMA has proven time and time again that he cannot do...to the point that the one instance this season where you were able to completely remove him from the game and play modern basketball for 48 minutes, you had your highest winning percentage of the entire nba season...

I'm only willing to give up Dejounte for somebody I am 100% sure is and will be better than him. Like if OKC wants to trade me SGA for Dejounte...yeah I am doing that, cause I think SGA will end up being a better nba player, due to him being much more fluid on offense than Dejounte...but trade him for the chance at drafting another guard who we all know is going to spend the 1st year in the d league and so it's going to be an entire nba season before I even know if the guy is an nba player ? nah...thats hustling backwards...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The very last thing you typed is the exact problem with your stance. There is no quick rebuild / reload for the spurs.
    First of all, there is. The Spurs totally have paths to try to improve around the guys they already have. That won't get them to be a firm contender or anything, but they can certainly fight for HCA in the first round if they're willing to go for it.

You seem to be looking at this from the perspective of the spurs are this team that is set in stone going forward, and for whatever reason you do not think Dejounte fits into that team, so he needs to be moved for some piece that does fit. I think the opposite. I think their are very few things on this team that are set in stone, seeing as how every single player on this team except Dejounte and soon to be Derrick White is on a one year deal or on a rookie contract.
    Nah, I think Murray is easily the worst of White, Walker, Jonhson, Murray and that there are plenty of guards I'd want over him. That doesn't make Murray horrible, but the fact that he's signed to a four-year deal isn't remotely comforting for me.

I also think it's difficult to know exactly how good Dejounte really is because he could not be playing with a group of players who are a worst fit for his skillset, which right now is pushing the ball offensively. Forbes doesn't do anything but shoot open 3's, so unless Dejounte is passing to him while he is open, he gains nothing. LMA is either going to pick and pop all night and you can get some assist out of feeding him, or he is going to hold the ball forever doing his yabba dabba doo post moves and you are going to get 0 assist giving him the ball. He is also one of the worst passing big men I have ever seen and NEVER EVER EVEN ONCE hits Dejounte when he cuts to the rim, which he is very good at, but you wouldn't know unless you really watch a lot of film cause you know, LMA never passes him the ball in that situation. DDR doesn't like to catch and shoot, he prefers to set his own shot up with his dribble, so Dejounte is never going to get anything out of him either. He doesn't shoot 3's, so forget about him ever being an option to get the ball off of Dejounte, or anyone else dribble penetration. Poeltl pretty much doesn't shoot the ball period, and when he does he goes up like the quintessential soft white euro player and ends up bricking the shot or having somebody 4 inches shorter than him block his shot. Rudy is a willing catch and shoot player but it depends more on how his body is feeling that night if he is going to actually makes shots or not. Patty is another guy who only shoots 3's and long 2's...

So Dejounte is left playing with a guy who doesn't do anything but shoot 3's...a guy who NEVER shoots 3's...a guy who either picks and pops all night or NEVER picks and pops, a guy who doesn't shoot at all, and a guy who's body is failing him and you don't really know what you are going to get...I would say the answer is to get rid of those guys and build an actual modern nba team around Dejounte...which the spurs were NOT until they played in the bubble...and then see what happens...
    All of those players have been paths to helping NBA offense than Murray does. Of course Forbes is a net-negative. But thinking LMA, DMDR or even Gay should worry about their fit with a relative scrub is absurd. Aldridge is a borderline HoFer. Murray's done nothing. It's insane that you think the goal should be to build around the worst player in the lineup because he's not able to play with anyone better than him.

And at thinking the bubble team was "built around" Murray when he was the worst player of the starting five. They'd've seriously made the play-in game had they benched him for Johnson.

think this teams upside is EXACTLY what you said it isn't, which is hoping their young guys take a leap and play well. Which is, you know, how virtually every team in the nba operates...
    Basically no one does this except tanking teams. Teams' upside isn't dependent on young guys improving. It's dependent on the team as a whole performing better. Young guys getting better is certainly part of that process, but team cohesion, scheme and overall roster talent play a much bigger role. Again, your need to venerate a guy who's really low on the totem pole and remove any sort of challenge to him to try to hide the fact that he's a poor man's Jamal Crawford is the issue. Murray himself IS THE PROBLEM, not literally everything else. It's not that he's a bad player, it's that he and you have this unrealistic idea of how good he is and won't let him adapt his game to his real status.

I'm only willing to give up Dejounte for somebody I am 100% sure is and will be better than him.
    That's dumb. There aren't two ways about it. You can't be sure that anyone would be better. You don't build your team based on a flat notion like that. There was zero guarantee that Leonard would be better than Hill, that Gay would be better than Battier. That the guy drafted with the LAL pick in 2018 (Mikal Bridges) would be better than MCW. That not how trades work. Instead you have to project based on position, skill-set and fit and come up with a reasonable value for the two sides of the trade. It's not hard at all to find guys whose skill-sets fit better than Murray's, whose four cheap rookie-scale deals provide better savings than Murray's overpriced contract, who put the roster closer to taking a step forward. What you don't do is hold onto a guy hoping he becomes a better player as he ages and remove anyone who could possibly stop him be being better.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First of all, there is. The Spurs totally have paths to try to improve around the guys they already have. That won't get them to be a firm contender or anything, but they can certainly fight for HCA in the first round if they're willing to go for it.

Nah, I think Murray is easily the worst of White, Walker, Jonhson, Murray and that there are plenty of guards I'd want over him. That doesn't make Murray horrible, but the fact that he's signed to a four-year deal isn't remotely comforting for me.

All of those players have been paths to helping NBA offense than Murray does. Of course Forbes is a net-negative. But thinking LMA, DMDR or even Gay should worry about their fit with a relative scrub is absurd. Aldridge is a borderline HoFer. Murray's done nothing. It's insane that you think the goal should be to build around the worst player in the lineup because he's not able to play with anyone better than him.

And at thinking the bubble team was "built around" Murray when he was the worst player of the starting five. They'd've seriously made the play-in game had they benched him for Johnson.

Basically no one does this except tanking teams. Teams' upside isn't dependent on young guys improving. It's dependent on the team as a whole performing better. Young guys getting better is certainly part of that process, but team cohesion, scheme and overall roster talent play a much bigger role. Again, your need to venerate a guy who's really low on the totem pole and remove any sort of challenge to him to try to hide the fact that he's a poor man's Jamal Crawford is the issue. Murray himself IS THE PROBLEM, not literally everything else. It's not that he's a bad player, it's that he and you have this unrealistic idea of how good he is and won't let him adapt his game to his real status.

That's dumb. There aren't two ways about it. You can't be sure that anyone would be better. You don't build your team based on a flat notion like that. There was zero guarantee that Leonard would be better than Hill, that Gay would be better than Battier. That the guy drafted with the LAL pick in 2018 (Mikal Bridges) would be better than MCW. That not how trades work. Instead you have to project based on position, skill-set and fit and come up with a reasonable value for the two sides of the trade. It's not hard at all to find guys whose skill-sets fit better than Murray's, whose four cheap rookie-scale deals provide better savings than Murray's overpriced contract, who put the roster closer to taking a step forward. What you don't do is hold onto a guy hoping he becomes a better player as he ages and remove anyone who could possibly stop him be being better.
    These are some of the worst basketball takes I have ever seen posted on the internet.

Like, if I asked Donald Trump about the spurs, this is the type of stuff I would expect him to type.

Never once said the bubble team was built around Murray. It wasn't built around anymore. You just straight made that up out of thin air to argue a point that doesn't even exist.

Teams upside isn't dependent on young guys improving? This is the literal dumbest thing I have ever heard. Do we ring in 2014 if Kawhi never improved ? Are the Bucks contenders if Giannis never improves ? Do the Pelicans get a haul of young players and picks if Anthony Davis improves ? Is Portland a playoff team if Dame never improves?

Your argument about Murray doesn't make any sense because he is the one with the 4 year contract, not all the other players, by virtue of them having one more year left on their deals and Dejounte having 4. It's not in bent upon Dejounte to try and figure out how to play with DDR, because Dejounte has a 4 year contract to play here, it's in bent upon DDR to figure out how to play with Dejounte, because the Spurs have had an entire season to work out a deal to keep him here, and they haven't done it yet, and I don't think they are going to do it.

Just awful basketball and commen sense takes in your post. This is the type of stuff that might get Trump elected for a second term...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are some of the worst basketball takes I have ever seen posted on the internet.

Like, if I asked Donald Trump about the spurs, this is the type of stuff I would expect him to type.
    Cut out the hyperbole bro.

Never once said the bubble team was built around Murray. It wasn't built around anymore. You just straight made that up out of thin air to argue a point that doesn't even exist.
    the answer is to get rid of those guys and build an actual modern nba team around Dejounte...which the spurs were NOT until they played in the bubble
    Teams upside isn't dependent on young guys improving? This is the literal dumbest thing I have ever heard. Do we ring in 2014 if Kawhi never improved ? Are the Bucks contenders if Giannis never improves ? Do the Pelicans get a haul of young players and picks if Anthony Davis improves ? Is Portland a playoff team if Dame never improves?
    You're basically not even reading what I write at this point. I answered exactly what I meant by that sentence and how young players improve fits. This tactic you're trying to use of not understanding arguments you disagreement isn't helping you nearly as much as you think.

Your argument about Murray doesn't make any sense because he is the one with the 4 year contract, not all the other players, by virtue of them having one more year left on their deals and Dejounte having 4. It's not in bent upon Dejounte to try and figure out how to play with DDR, because Dejounte has a 4 year contract to play here, it's in bent upon DDR to figure out how to play with Dejounte, because the Spurs have had an entire season to work out a deal to keep him here, and they haven't done it yet, and I don't think they are going to do it.
    I think you're missing the point. It's not that Murray specifically needs to play well with DMDR and LMA. It's that he needs to learn that he's not good enough for people to learn to play with. He is the one who has to adjust, not better players. Hopefully, the Spurs get better players to replace LMA/DMDR/Gay, but in that case, those new guys are going to be stars, not DJM. He's the one who's not good enough, not everyone else. The only way he's the best player on the team is if the team is horrible.

And no, I don't think DeRozan is worried about having to learn to play with Murray in order to stay in SA. First, because I think he likes DJM just fine and isn't trying to NOT play with him. Second, I think he'd be just fine going to another team. He doesn't need the Spurs.

I actually don't disagree that the Spurs gave Murray that money because they like him and want him to be part of the team. I just don't think that matters.

Just awful basketball and commen sense takes in your post. This is the type of stuff that might get Trump elected for a second term
    Again, just dumb hyperbole.

Thread Information