I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://arstechnica.com/information-...-hacked-again/

Beleaguered social networking site Gab was breached on Monday, marking the second time in as many weeks that hackers have gained unauthorized access to a platform that caters to users pushing hate speech and pro-Trump conspiracy theories.

The compromise came to light after someone hijacked the account of Gab founder and CEO Andrew Torba and left a post criticizing him for not paying an 8 bitcoin ransom for the safe return of do ents used to verify the iden y of some users. The unknown hacker also accused Torba of failing to disclose the full extent of the earlier breach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a shame

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Thoughts and prayers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get well soon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gab sounds like what a couple of housewives do after their cardio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one should be surprised how readily derp will be identified through his sick browsing history on gab.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one should be surprised how readily derp will be identified through his sick browsing history on gab.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right cannot code, many are being doxxed, and derp's "information is out there"..

Gab: hack gives unprecedented look into platform used by far right

A data breach at the fringe social media site Gab has for the first time offered a picture of the user base and inner workings of a platform that has been opaque about its operation.

The breach, news of which first emerged in late February, allowed hackers to extract Gab databases that appear to show user accounts and a history of public posts and direct messages.

The user lists appear to mark 500 accounts, including neo-Nazis, QAnon influencers, cryptocurrency advocates and conspiracy theorists, as investors. They also appear to give an overview of verified users of the platform, including prominent rightwing commentators and activists. And they mark hundreds of active users on the site as “automated”, appearing to indicate administrators knew the accounts were bots but let them continue on the platform regardless.

Finally, the data appears to contain direct messages between the Gab CEO, Andrew Torba, and a user who has been identified as a high-profile QAnon influencer, showing the entrepreneur seeking direct feedback on site design from a member of a group that promotes a “spiderweb of rightwing internet conspiracy theories with antisemitic and anti-LGBTQ elements”, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

The leaked files contained what appears to be a database of over 4.1 million registered users on the site and tags identifying subscribers as “investors”, “verified” users and “pro” users.

Gab investors contributed in one of three share offerings and one convertible note, a form of short-term debt that converts into equity, according to its financial reporting. The 2017 share offering, for example, required a minimum investment of $199.10, and rewarded investors who contributed a greater amount with “perks”. Users who invested $200 could display a “Gab investor badge” on the site. The badges corresponded with a tag in the database, which allowed investors to be looked at in detail.

Some of the people associated with investors’ accounts had high-profile jobs and public roles, while spewing hate and extremist beliefs online. Among the accounts labeled as an investor is a user named “Manwe Sulimo”, who presents themselves in their user bio as a “former NASA Engineer turned Flat-earther”. The account is littered with posts and reposts of antisemitic, transphobic and pro-Nazi material. At one point the user expressed the opinion that “Jews are Satan’s chosen people”. In their profile, they link to several videos, including a notorious pro-Hitler do entary series.

The University of Michigan email attached to that account belongs to Shane Moore, a 33-year-old resident of Lake Orion, Michigan. While there is no evidence that Moore worked directly with Nasa, papers he co-authored confirm the claims made on his LinkedIn profile that he worked on aspects of NanoFet, an experimental high-speed spacecraft engine, while an engineering student at the University of Michigan.

His LinkedIn profile also says that he is currently a thermal simulation engineer at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Neither Moore nor Fiat Chrysler returned requests for comment.

BiglySpeaks is another account tagged as belonging to an investor. The bio for the account carries hashtags indicating a promotion of Holocaust and coronavirus denial, apparent beliefs that are also reflected in the account’s antisemitic and conspiracy-minded posts.

The email address attached to the account belongs to Steven Reid, a former Republican party activist and conservative political blogger in Provo, Utah. In 2011, Reid unsuccessfully ran for secretary of the Utah county Republican party. His now dormant blog, Nacilbupera, was widely cited as a source of information on conservative politics in that state.

And it appears to include a list of users registered as “pros”, which allows users to access additional features and a badge at a price starting at $99 year. The database indicates over 18,000 users had paid to be pro users at the time of the breach. Nearly 4,000 users were flagged as donors to Gab’s repeated attempts to attract voluntary gifts from users.

More than 770 registered accounts on the platform, including some active ones, appear to be marked in the service’s own database as bots.

The Guardian emailed all of the verified users named above for comment on the breach, but none immediately responded except for Jared Taylor, who wrote in an email: “This hacking operation was a federal crime, but don’t expect the Biden administration to care.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...iracy-theories

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    > including neo-Nazis, QAnon influencers, cryptocurrency advocates and conspiracy theorists, as investors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    > including neo-Nazis, QAnon influencers, cryptocurrency advocates and conspiracy theorists, as investors

$200 investors, cheap ass mofo's

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol the christian flag in there.

You're a sucker

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol the christian flag in there.

You're a sucker
    Did Jesus make you a cuckold, Blake?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Jesus make you a cuckold, Blake?
    Your gibberish won't stop you from being a sucker.

The board branded you derp for a reason, derp.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your gibberish won't stop you from being a sucker.

The board branded you derp for a reason, derp.
    Your neckbeard club can do what they want.

Did Jesus make you a cuckold?

Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor re ed derp

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor re ed derp
    Fallback insults won't save you. Tell us how Jesus hurt you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus lol

Thread Information