Today, I am happening to catch the last twelve minutes of Cincinnati @ Atlanta b/c there is no other stuff on and I'm too lazy to log into my paid apps, anyways in a close game. Expansion team Cincy just scored to make it 1-1. The forward was able to kick the ball past Grandpa Guzan overplaying the near post. Atlanta who is only in their second or third year, and they're already the defending champs (what a ing joke).

I'll admit the MLS had some appeal when LA Galaxy were dominant, winning three of four with Donovan, Beckham, Keene (all top players on their national teams). But now it's just a cluster of mediocrity; and because they're only marketing to the dumb American fan, there isn't even relegation to motivate the teams or to add that layer of interest. And as the US team is a total rebuild, there's no strong interest on that level right now either. Even then, the retirement home players seem to be the main attractions, anyways.

Cincy's first points in MLS history coming at the home of "the defending champions".

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Cincinnati's GK is Poland's #3

Believe.
    Post Count
    I get we all have our thang but.....

The NCAA Indoor Track Champs were on ESPN today, so I tune in a little early, that above mentioned soccer game was going on, I have never seen a soccer game beyond a few minutes.

I tried my best to get into it.....nope....couldn't do it. Just running around kicking a ball. The athletes are little guys, not overly fast (like I'll be seeing) not much of anything really going on. If we do see a score it's a real big deal.

I did try.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    I get we all have our thang but.....

The NCAA Indoor Track Champs were on ESPN today, so I tune in a little early, that above mentioned soccer game was going on, I have never seen a soccer game beyond a few minutes.

I tried my best to get into it.....nope....couldn't do it. Just running around kicking a ball. The athletes are little guys, not overly fast (like I'll be seeing) not much of anything really going on. If we do see a score it's a real big deal.

I did try.
    Sounds a-lot like what I heard bout the Super Bowl

Believe.
    Post Count
    Sounds a-lot like what I heard bout the Super Bowl
    A bunch of little guys running around kicking a ball....????

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    A bunch of little guys running around kicking a ball....????
    So now your a height queen too? If you timed the entire MLS and NFL, we both know which wins. MLS doesn't have any obese 300+ nearing cardiac arrest

Believe.
    Post Count
    So now your a height queen too? If you timed the entire MLS and NFL, we both know which wins. MLS doesn't have any obese 300+ nearing cardiac arrest
    Dude, there have been over 20 Olympic sprinters play pro football, over 100 who would totally smoke the fastest soccer player who ever played, so cool that silliness.

Yes the big guys have to be big, that is the game.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Dude, there have been over 20 Olympic sprinters play pro football, over 100 who would totally smoke the fastest soccer player who ever played, so cool that silliness.

Yes the big guys have to be big, that is the game.
    Jeremy Bloom smokes all those gots

Believe.
    Post Count
    Jeremy Bloom smokes all those gots
    Bloom never broke 4.49 in the 40 and was not a stud sprinter, so you are way way off.

Fast guys run 4.35ish, ok?

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Bloom never broke 4.49 in the 40 and was not a stud sprinter, so you are way way off.

Fast guys run 4.35ish, ok?
    Visual: Jesse Owens on skis!

Believe.
    Post Count
    Visual: Jesse Owens on skis!
    How about....ok so he really wasn't all that fast....ok? Dude, he wouldn't make a zit on the butt of Jesse Owens, ok?

My Team
    Portland Timbers
    Post Count
    MLS will be an equal of the top leagues in 20 years.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    George Weah
    Dwight Yorke
    Ronaldo
    Roberto Carlos

Just to name a few just off the top of my head... Were all incredibly fast athletes...

Thread Information