Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Derp, Chris, Nathan89, or koriwhat can unpack what Louis Gohmert is talking about.

Louie couldn't get voted to Congress in about 98% of the country, tbh... he really caters to a very special kind of dumb people...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like he's saying mass murder isn't the solution to your country allowing people that you don't want there.
    Who are you to say who's wanted or not in NZ? We're talking mostly about Asians -- have you got some beef against them too?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The world isn't changing for you guys, you're going to have to adapt to it. There really is no big divide, both the more vocal conservative and liberal factions are actually minorities by themselves.

Was gonna recommend to catch a plane and go to some more conservative country, but those are either largely anti-democratic (North Korea, China, Russia, etc)...
    There is a massive divide and it continues to worsen.

http://www.people-press.org/2014/06/...erican-public/

Which explains why an American conservative shouldn't want to import people that will just vote against what they want. Meanwhile American leftists will point to 30 countries they would rather live than the US.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NZ let them in, what's your problem with them Nathan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Which explains why an American conservative shouldn't want to import people that will just vote against what they want. Meanwhile American leftists will point to 30 countries they would rather live than the US.
    Do you have any idea how long it takes to naturalize?

People can come here and just start voting, like you suggest.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are you to say who's wanted or not in NZ? We're talking mostly about Asians -- have you got some beef against them too?
    I didn't say. He's speaking to someone that has a problem with other people in NZ. But that's an abstract/reduced take because I didn't read his manifesto in which apparently he also had plans to polarize people elsewhere.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you have any idea how long it takes to naturalize?

People can come here and just start voting, like you suggest.
    I didn't suggest that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, your presumption that most immigrants are liberal in the US sense is just weird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't suggest that.
    What did you mean by "importing people who will just vote against what [conservatives] want"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then cut welfare. Sounds like low skill labor is a distribution problem.

Because I think low skill labor is a distribution problem in this country. While I've been hearing for years that the country needs more stem workers which would point to a supply problem. If that's not true then there is also no need for them either. But yes higher skill people create a better opportunity for industry and job creation. Reduced labor costs is a benefit to the company and a negative to other Americans that compete for them. If we're seeking reduced labor costs then why are we trying to increase minimum wages?
    It's not a problem of welfare... it's a problem that Americans have a much higher standard of living. While immigrants might gladly share an apartment between 5 of them and work with no benefits, Americans not only won't take that job, they probably won't even get offered that job (as soon as that employer is reported to the authorities, that's the end of him). In economic terms, it's really simple, America isn't compe ive. The standard of living in the US dictates you can only barely make a living on a minimum wage, and probably only in half the country.

Either you lower the standard of living for everyone, or you provide better paying jobs. Now, if you opt for the later, then it's very likely you can get the same job done overseas for a fraction of the cost, so that's where companies go. Or Automation.

Retraining is very likely the best option for Americans, but it's not always easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say. He's speaking to someone that has a problem with other people in NZ. But that's an abstract/reduced take because I didn't read his manifesto in which apparently he also had plans to polarize people elsewhere.
    You take the shooter and Louis Gohmert at their word, and there you mind comes to a full stop.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 03-16-2019 at 12:44 AM.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many aren't liberal. They just want big government to take care of them. Have no value to 2nd amendment rights because they have no traditional ties to the country. Value the 1st amendment less. Also racial alignment and living in bubble plays a major factor. Mainstream media lying and stating that a comment about illegals pertains to legal immigrants is also a factor. Seems some live in areas that resent America because "stolen land" which also puts them against conservatives in this country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There isn't a massive divide (link you posted *still* shows both extremes to be largely minorities), and the fact that Conservatives have been unable to win the popular vote in how many presidential elections in a row now? just goes to show clock is just ticking on one end.

You're absolutely right that moderate-left people can find a much more welcoming world, that's exactly what I meant. The world isn't changing your way, you're the one that gonna have to adapt to the new realities. We do that all the time, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many aren't liberal. They just want big government to take care of them. Have no value to 2nd amendment rights because they have no traditional ties to the country. Value the 1st amendment less. Also racial alignment and living in bubble plays a major factor. Mainstream media lying and stating that a comment about illegals pertains to legal immigrants is also a factor. Seems some live in areas that resent America because "stolen land" which also puts them against conservatives in this country.
    You seem to know a lot about what goes in the minds of people you haven't, and never will meet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the end of the day, you reap what you sow. Broad generalizations like the above is why conservatives aren't exactly welcoming either, so this isn't just a one way street problem.

And the slow death of conservatism isn't the death of America either (I've heard that one before). Look at the gold standard for Conservatism right now, a admitted adulterer, re-married 3 times, a bollywood celebrity, former democrat... writing is on the wall.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There isn't a massive divide (link you posted *still* shows both extremes to be largely minorities), and the fact that Conservatives have been unable to win the popular vote in how many presidential elections in a row now? just goes to show clock is just ticking on one end.

You're absolutely right that moderate-left people can find a much more welcoming world, that's exactly what I meant. The world isn't changing your way, you're the one that gonna have to adapt to the new realities. We do that all the time, tbh...
    To me that's a massive divide and that dated. I can only imagine it's significantly worse now comparatively speaking(so dividing faster than in the past).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too me that's a massive divide and that dated. I can only imagine it's significantly worse now comparatively speaking(so dividing faster than in the past).
    Nathan has his views of this country so warped by rightwing propaganda lmao

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the end of the day, you reap what you sow. Broad generalizations like the above is why conservatives aren't exactly welcoming either, so this isn't just a one way street problem.
    Well those are the many reasons I see and the only way to speak on the topic is via broad generalizations.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nathan has his views of this country so warped by rightwing propaganda lmao
    Thanks for chiming in. Sorry. Everything is going great in America.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White Christians good now.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

And the slow death of conservatism isn't the death of America either (I've heard that one before). Look at the gold standard for Conservatism right now, a admitted adulterer, re-married 3 times, a bollywood celebrity, former democrat... writing is on the wall.
    So much worse than a Muslim plant, a bones and skulls thug, and a rapist.

Conservatism bad
    Big writing in the sky even

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White Christians good now.
    Who said they were bad?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In America, there are more Hispanics under the Age of 18 than Whites. That's not 10%, that's majority.

65% of this Worlds population is Asian

African population is multiplying

You do know that if you’re Anglo, your origin is either African or Neanderthal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then cut welfare. Sounds like low skill labor is a distribution problem.

Because I think low skill labor is a distribution problem in this country. While I've been hearing for years that the country needs more stem workers which would point to a supply problem. If that's not true then there is also no need for them either. But yes higher skill people create a better opportunity for industry and job creation. Reduced labor costs is a benefit to the company and a negative to other Americans that compete for them. If we're seeking reduced labor costs then why are we trying to increase minimum wages?
    So when the higher skilled workers at an Amazon, Walmart, etc do something to increase the company's bottom line resulting in more warehouses and stores being built, what type of workers are required to fill those warehouse and service positions? It's a symbiotic relationship.

"We're" not seeking reduced labor costs, the business industry is, which conservatives never run checks on. Conservatives can't have it both ways. Either you celebrate the increased profits for shareholders and owners (which eventually translates into overall GDP growth, i.e. "wealth creation") reduced labor costs illegal and legal immigrants help create, further resulting in lower prices for consumers.

Or you crack down on both forms of immigration, but agree to stronger labor unions, increased wages, and raised taxes on the wealthy, since the native born American standard of living is typically higher than immigrants (if it weren't, or if Americans were willing to lower their standard of living, you wouldn't see all the hand-wringing about wage suppression. Not to mention, Chinese and Indian tech workers won't be under six figures of student loan debt by the time they enter the job market, nor will they likely have extended family members to take care of here, so I don't really want to hear the deflection, "well, millennials just need to stop spending so carelessly on smartphones and Starbucks. Millennials actually spend quite frugally due to the aforementioned reasons).

Thread Information