Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man these threads. heads like spurt always turn this time of mourning into liberal this liberal that and muslims are this and that.

No education and no morals and no sign of etiquette

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I find it funny that people are now crying about Trump supporters, specifically on Reddit, being given a platform to express their opinions. There are threads accusing Reddit of having blood on their hands for not suppressing hate speech.

Do these people not see the irony of blaming an entire group, full of hundreds of thousands, for the actions of a handful of people? That kind of reasoning justifies Islamaphobia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a problem of welfare... it's a problem that Americans have a much higher standard of living. While immigrants might gladly share an apartment between 5 of them and work with no benefits, Americans not only won't take that job, they probably won't even get offered that job (as soon as that employer is reported to the authorities, that's the end of him). In economic terms, it's really simple, America isn't compe ive. The standard of living in the US dictates you can only barely make a living on a minimum wage, and probably only in half the country.

Either you lower the standard of living for everyone, or you provide better paying jobs. Now, if you opt for the later, then it's very likely you can get the same job done overseas for a fraction of the cost, so that's where companies go. Or Automation.

Retraining is very likely the best option for Americans, but it's not always easy.
    Yep. If conservatives really want to revive industry and return to our American made glory days, then be willing to pay in' (much) higher prices at the register. We can even pass legislation against automation in this regard to protect worker displacement. This won't happen, because liberal and conservative alike need their new iPhone every six months and enjoy paying under 300.00 for a new television or laptop. That little Foxconn Wisconsin deal Trump was touting backed off their promise to hire thousands of on-the-line workers because doing such wouldn't "keep them compe ive." Globalization didn't displace the American factory worker. Americans being cheap s did.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    You do know that if you’re Anglo, your origin is either African or Neanderthal?
    We're all Africans or monkeys
    amirite?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well those are the many reasons I see and the only way to speak on the topic is via broad generalizations.
    It's your choice to speak about the topic in whichever way you want. That you prefer broad generalizations speaks about you, not the topic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much worse than a Muslim plant, a bones and skulls thug, and a rapist.

Conservatism bad
    Big writing in the sky even
    Silly derp. I made no criticism of conservatives in any of those posts... that doesn't mean that the world doesn't move on. I can understand Nathan's struggle to keep holding onto something he feels sacred, but for good or bad, the world evolves and we gotta evolve with it. It really isn't about what he likes or what I like, it's about looking around you and putting a foot on reality. Yeah, the world generally has led left. Whether that's good or bad, we gotta live in it, so we gotta adapt.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I suppose you can also:

1) Go shoot up innocent people and spend the rest of your days in jail or deathrow

2) Raise your fist in the basement of your home, live a life of frustration being a keyboard warrior that es but doesn't change anything.

3) Engage Pavlov in endless rodeos that also get nothing done.

None of them sound really appealing to me, tbh, I rather be a useful member of society. We only live once.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Silly derp. I made no criticism of conservatives in any of those posts... that doesn't mean that the world doesn't move on. I can understand Nathan's struggle to keep holding onto something he feels sacred, but for good or bad, the world evolves and we gotta evolve with it. It really isn't about what he likes or what I like, it's about looking around you and putting a foot on reality. Yeah, the world generally has led left. Whether that's good or bad, we gotta live in it, so we gotta adapt.
    America is on the far extreme and driving the train further thru cultural influence - music, movies, clothing etc. Your description isn't quite accurate. You make it seem as if America is just drifting along with the current. That is why "they hate us for our freedom" exists. A-lot of people (growing amount in the World) are against the USA. Without even getting into the "spreading democracy" doctrine.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, and the reality is conservatives are being washed out by generations of illegals and low skilled immigrants. But they pick muh fruit and clean muh houses. Just don't be shocked when people feel hopeless and crime es accordingly. That tends to happen when you disregard people.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Well, I suppose you can also:

1) Go shoot up innocent people and spend the rest of your days in jail or deathrow

2) Raise your fist in the basement of your home, live a life of frustration being a keyboard warrior that es but doesn't change anything.

3) Engage Pavlov in endless rodeos that also get nothing done.

None of them sound really appealing to me, tbh, I rather be a useful member of society. We only live once.
    Obviously, we should all be leftists, then. You're so wise.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it funny that people are now crying about Trump supporters, specifically on Reddit, being given a platform to express their opinions. There are threads accusing Reddit of having blood on their hands for not suppressing hate speech.

Do these people not see the irony of blaming an entire group, full of hundreds of thousands, for the actions of a handful of people? That kind of reasoning justifies Islamaphobia.
    They position people in maga hats as people in KKK outfits and then cry about rhetoric that can lead to mass killings. Quite the disconnect.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when the higher skilled workers at an Amazon, Walmart, etc do something to increase the company's bottom line resulting in more warehouses and stores being built, what type of workers are required to fill those warehouse and service positions? It's a symbiotic relationship.

"We're" not seeking reduced labor costs, the business industry is, which conservatives never run checks on. Conservatives can't have it both ways. Either you celebrate the increased profits for shareholders and owners (which eventually translates into overall GDP growth, i.e. "wealth creation") reduced labor costs illegal and legal immigrants help create, further resulting in lower prices for consumers.

Or you crack down on both forms of immigration, but agree to stronger labor unions, increased wages, and raised taxes on the wealthy, since the native born American standard of living is typically higher than immigrants (if it weren't, or if Americans were willing to lower their standard of living, you wouldn't see all the hand-wringing about wage suppression. Not to mention, Chinese and Indian tech workers won't be under six figures of student loan debt by the time they enter the job market, nor will they likely have extended family members to take care of here, so I don't really want to hear the deflection, "well, millennials just need to stop spending so carelessly on smartphones and Starbucks. Millennials actually spend quite frugally due to the aforementioned reasons).
    The unskilled workers across the country that are unemployed. The workers that are losing their jobs to automation. The workers that lose their jobs as shopping shifts from physical stores.

Pretty sure you can be against illegal labor and for the outcome that occurs in the market of legal labor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    America is on the far extreme and driving the train further thru cultural influence - music, movies, clothing etc. Your description isn't quite accurate. You make it seem as if America is just drifting along with the current. That is why "they hate us for our freedom" exists. A-lot of people (growing amount in the World) are against the USA.
    Our liberalism was influenced by European intellectuals. And liberalism (in general) is bad why? Yes, I dislike political correctness and people on twitter making mountains out of mole hills about the lack of black representation in country music or some other bull nonsense, but liberalism is tied to humanism, so I don't see how this a negative ideology? Some of the complaints I've seen you have:

Race mixing. People have race mixed for thousands of years. Race is also a horse concept, and I find it quite sad that we are collectively so stupid as species at times that we'd dehumanize people based on something as frivolous as a phenotypical trait that is differently expressed the nearer you get to the equator. What's next? Heightism?

Cultural replacement. No one is preventing anyone else from practicing traditional culture. I know the fear here is that the "other" will "invade" Western countries to such a degree that it'll eventually result in the eradication of the host culture, but that isn't likely, even with the current white birth rates (nothing is keeping them from pro-creating, either).

Furthermore, cultural replacement has happened all throughout history. Northern Europeans were once barbaric pagans until the Romans forced Christianity on them at the point of a sword. This is another reason why I find the caterwauling from European "Iden arians" hilarious, as if there's some pure European culture to preserve. Europe is a land full of mutts in the cultural sense, and warred over these various cultural differences for thousands of years.

Gays, Trannies, Non-Binaries. If they don't hurt anyone, who gives a ?

I think you've exaggerated many of these issues to eschatological levels. There isn't going to be a "great replacement" or white genocide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, and the reality is conservatives are being washed out by generations of illegals and low skilled immigrants. But they pick muh fruit and clean muh houses. Just don't be shocked when people feel hopeless and crime es accordingly. That tends to happen when you disregard people.
    Then tell Cletus to put the Fentanyl down and come to California to pick fruit and day labor. He won't do that because, "I want muh factory work paying me muh 35.00 /hr plus benefits."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The unskilled workers across the country that are unemployed. The workers that are losing their jobs to automation. The workers that lose their jobs as shopping shifts from physical stores.

Pretty sure you can be against illegal labor and for the outcome that occurs in the market of legal labor.
    Automation is overblown. Many of those factory jobs were automated decades ago.

https://scottlocklin.wordpress.com/2...minating-jobs/

Construction workers, plumbers, janitors, service workers, truckers, laborers are in no danger of being automated any time soon. If the automation apocalypse was happening, why is employment at historic lows (yes, the figure only counts people actively looking for work, but I'd like to see data that illustrates there's more total unemployment now than in years past).

If you want illegal labor reduced, tell Jimbo to lower his standard of living and go pick fruit in the California sun for the same wages they're getting. "Uh, he can't do that cuz illegals undercut him!" They've raised wages and included benefits. Jimbo still doesn't want the job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    America is on the far extreme and driving the train further thru cultural influence - music, movies, clothing etc. Your description isn't quite accurate. You make it seem as if America is just drifting along with the current. That is why "they hate us for our freedom" exists. A-lot of people (growing amount in the World) are against the USA. Without even getting into the "spreading democracy" doctrine.
    America is without a doubt one of those places where you can still find some rare bastions of conservatism. You've traveled, you know what 'normal' looks like, you've described your repulsiveness for it many times. And America is certainly drifting with everyone else... what's left of the Thatcher/Reagan golden era of the 80's?

It doesn't mean conservatives are going to be extinct, it's the realization that you're becoming a minority what really scares the heck out of you. You can't understand how other white people moved on and have perfectly normal and successful lives in this society, and it's not really difficult, race doesn't matter.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Our liberalism was influenced by European intellectuals. And liberalism (in general) is bad why? Yes, I dislike political correctness and people on twitter making mountains out of mole hills about the lack of black representation in country music or some other bull nonsense, but liberalism is tied to humanism, so I don't see how this a negative ideology? Some of the complaints I've seen you have:

Race mixing. People have race mixed for thousands of years. Race is also a horse concept, and I find it quite sad that we are collectively so stupid as species at times that we'd dehumanize people based on something as frivolous as a phenotypical trait that is differently expressed the nearer you get to the equator. What's next? Heightism?

Cultural replacement. No one is preventing anyone else from practicing traditional culture. I know the fear here is that the "other" will "invade" Western countries to such a degree that it'll eventually result in the eradication of the host culture, but that isn't likely, even with the current white birth rates (nothing is keeping them from pro-creating, either).

Furthermore, cultural replacement has happened all throughout history. Northern Europeans were once barbaric pagans until the Romans forced Christianity on them at the point of a sword. This is another reason why I find the caterwauling from European "Iden arians" hilarious, as if there's some pure European culture to preserve. Europe is a land full of mutts in the cultural sense, and warred over these various cultural differences for thousands of years.

Gays, Trannies, Non-Binaries. If they don't hurt anyone, who gives a ?

I think you've exaggerated many of these issues to eschatological levels. There isn't going to be a "great replacement" or white genocide.
    I think America (post WW2) has specific fundamental characteristics and projects these to other nations as not only the norm but also something that needs to be shrived for. And has gone to War to force others to take on these characteristics. Surprise surprise these people just end up being consumers to American capitalism.

There isn't going to be a "great replacement"? There already has been. How else do you explain 90% White down to 65% in the span of 50 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously, we should all be leftists, then. You're so wise.
    Never said such thing. You're gonna have to work on a society that largely has tilted left over generations, that much is true. You did it while Obama was president, tbh, it's not an insurmountable problem.

The notion that we're going backwards towards some sort of conservative heaven, through a split in the country or otherwise, is just absurd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think America (post WW2) has specific fundamental characteristics and projects these to other nations as not only the norm but also something that needs to be shrived for. And has gone to War to force others to take on these characteristics. Surprise surprise these people just end up being consumers to American capitalism.

There isn't going to be a "great replacement"? There already has been. How else do you explain 90% White down to 65% in the span of 50 years.
    In the old days, the Census basically asked if you were white, black, Asian. Hispanic/Latino wasn't yet a sub-group. Furthermore, many Hispanic-Americans of that era would use their middle names as last names to avoid discrimination. I mentioned Ted Williams earlier. He said he was fortunate to have his father's last name rather than his mother's in this regard. Also, what does "white" even mean? Again, it's a nothing but a phenotypical trait that is more or less expressed depending on how close your ancestors lived near the equator. Is a person of African descent born and raised in London, who earned a PhD in English literature more "white" than Manu Ginobili? Is this girl white or Mexican?

She's half-Mexican and I believe checks the Hispanic box on the census. So you see how silly it is to reduce the situation down to simplistic stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Related to ^ this point, I have a friend of Indian descent. Dark complexion and dark hair. Her kid has blond hair and is white as the driven snow, so if FrostKing irrationally fears "white traits" being phased out by "race-mixing," genetics doesn't work that way. This is why the "65 percent" white number is nonsense. That number doesn't count Hispanic Whites (like Manu Ginobili) and discounts "white skinned" people who check Hispanic, Asian, or some other ethnicity on the box because they're a percentage of that ethnicity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm two generations down from my Italian roots, but... hispanic.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Frostking America is about as white as it has always been. So don't bring up that nonsense.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Related to ^ this point, I have a friend of Indian descent. Dark complexion and dark hair. Her kid has blond hair and is white as the driven snow, so if FrostKing irrationally fears "white traits" being phased out by "race-mixing," genetics doesn't work that way. This is why the "65 percent" white number is nonsense. That number doesn't count Hispanic Whites (like Manu Ginobili) and discounts "white skinned" people who check Hispanic, Asian, or some other ethnicity on the box because they're a percentage of that ethnicity.
    Ultimately it comes down to losing advantages. For example when I meet a new Hispanic/Black/Asian co-worker and eventually they find out I'm Polish - there is no connection. To them it is as foreign as to me Nicaragua, Ghana or Guam. But with whites there is a high probability of them sharing an experience, anecdote or even family story. This breaks the ice and possibly even connects us. (Think Jews working in the same industry). Hispanic/Black/Asian co-workers are far less likely to have or plan to visit Europe. It is just not as much on their radar. So we have less common interests and experiences. I get along with all my co-workers but when they speak privately with each other in Spanish or Filipino - it is a line between us. I wouldn't want to work at a job with only Polaks or only Whites but I do prefer the mindset to be thru my perspective.

The irony is that I tend to receive more attention from women in America (than in Europe) as my light hair and light eyes becomes more rare. But as someone that has experienced being part of a genous community, there is no better feeling that fitting in and I think this is why Americans are increasingly unhappy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm two generations down from my Italian roots, but... hispanic.
    Exactly. We define ourselves more by culture and not by shallow phenotypical traits. America is such a diverse, diffuse culture, that identifiers such as African-American, Hispanic-American make little sense in reality. I mean, is an African-American who plays Jazz, but likes to surf, dislikes "urban hip-hop" culture, plays golf and not basketball, but likes soul food "black?" Or is he "less black" than Kendrick Lamar? Many Americans are like this, with a wide range of interests created by a variety of cultures.

And to calm Frost's nerves, the white population has actually increased by 65 million over 50 years .

Thread Information