Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, shades of gray meaning there's no simplistic objective right or wrong answer. As I said, if you want to argue that the uptick in crime isn't worth bettering the lives of the immigrants who do not commit those crimes, then that's a valid position.
    Well, would Jesus support / vote for something that would cast chaos into a country or community?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing to me that 50 Muslims died in such recent events but we have people in spurstalk demonzing the victims thesmelves.

Trolling aside, I have never came across more demonic mentalities and at udes as the current crop of far right extremist in my 13 year stay in spurstalk.

Not even in the days of 08-10.

The we read here now is practiclly, /Donald, 4chan material.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing to me that 50 Muslims died in such recent events but we have people in spurstalk demonzing the victims thesmelves.

Trolling aside, I have never came across more demonic mentalities and at udes as the current crop of far right extremist in my 13 year stay in spurstalk.

Not even in the days of 08-10.

The we read here now is practiclly, /Donald, 4chan material.
    You really should go to a barbecue at chump's trailer home like reck did. You'll feel better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even all those guys recognize there are utilitarian aspects to religion, which doesn't mean they're necessarily worth it on the whole (but, on the other hand, if somebody is getting better through those utilitarian aspects, then great stuff).

Specifically on what we're discussing, the addition of dogma/theology on any conflict it's almost always a sure fire way to escalate it. Even in the mildest, non-violent form, religion has a fanatical component attached to it (which is empirically provable, since the whole construction rests on faith).
    My issue with that group is that they're non-historians who flat out spout historical untruths about religion's role throughout history, yet position themselves as dispassionate seekers of "truth." See my posts to Spurts about the review of God's Philosophers, where an atheist historian expresses frustration at the lack of historical understanding your average "religion hating" Internet atheist has. They also can't quantify religion's cost/benefit to humanity, and simply speculate that if we weren't held back by "supers ion" for all those eons, then we'd be living in a utopia right now. We've seen societies try the non-religion approach before (the Soviet Union) and all it resulted in was des ution. We've seen scientific concepts like Darwinian Evolution dogmatized to justify abhorrent practices like forced sterilization and eugenics.

The religious mindset will never go away, no matter how much "rationality" you throw at it because we live in an uncertain universe where objective truth is beyond our grasp (and will forever be beyond it), so people use religion to inject some certainty and "truth" into their lives, especially in the face of tragedy. For many people, they need God in this regard to make sense of it all, and the prospect of never seeing their loved ones again is too frightening an idea to have. Also, even if the supernatural aspects of belief/faith die out, it'll be replaced by something else, and it already has in the form of an incredulous faith in technology. You have "science minded" people believing in such nonsense as nanotechnology, cryonics, mind-uploading, simulation theory (where we replace God with a programmer), robot gods, and the like. And this nonsense gets write ups in tech rags like Gizmodo and Motherboard, so people are more prone to believe it since it's sold through the guise of "science."

Basically, our religious mentally is never going away, as stated. Mortality is a powerful driver of our collective imagination, for better or worse.
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 03-17-2019 at 02:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really should go to a barbecue at chump's trailer home like reck did. You'll feel better.
    You're so violent.

You don't even have the decency to leave this thread and respect the dead.

Why dont you just build chumps shrine or altar on your room since you're so inlove with him.

My last reply. As I resepct the humans who have died under the hands of a demon whose cause is "anti-immigrarion" anti-islam, anti-left"

Righoutsnes shall prevail over evil causes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, would Jesus support / vote for something that would cast chaos into a country or community?
    I live in SoCal, which people would call little Mexico these days. The Latino immigrants aren't creating chaos here. SoCal's crime rate is the lowest it's been in a long time. Only thing they do that irritates me is their seeming resistance to learn English. Don't like the waving of the Mexican flag, either. But those are just annoyances that aren't deserving of seething backlash on my part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deplatforming ISIS largely worked, why not do the same to white supremacists?

https://extremism.gwu.edu/sites/g/fi...%20Returns.pdf
    https://extremism.gwu.edu/sites/g/fi...0v.%20ISIS.pdf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're so violent.

You don't even have the decency to leave this thread and respect the dead.

Why dont you just build chumps shrine or altar on your room since you're so inlove with him.

My last reply. As I resepct the humans who have died under the hands of a demon whose cause is "anti-immigrarion" anti-islam, anti-left"

Righoutsnes shall prevail over evil causes.
    We all get that you're doing a character. Who knows what you really believe; probably this is a manifestation of your own inferiority complex though, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I live in SoCal, which people would call little Mexico these days. The Latino immigrants aren't creating chaos here. SoCal's crime rate is the lowest it's been in a long time. Only thing they do that irritates me is their seeming resistance to learn English. Don't like the waving of the Mexican flag, either. But those are just annoyances that aren't deserving of seething backlash on my part.
    That's a load of crap. Latinos are creating all kinds of chaos in SoCal. The state used to have much higher standards across the board. You cannot tell me that the state is better now than in the 50's or 60's. You just can't. And that waving Mexican flag represents all this, but you cannot come to terms b/c somewhere along the way you internalized that you'll somehow be a racist if you admit it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even your cartoons are boring.
    Tolerance though intolerance
    Dumbass blakehole

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a load of crap. Latinos are creating all kinds of chaos in SoCal. The state used to have much higher standards across the board. You cannot tell me that the state is better now than in the 50's or 60's. You just can't. And that waving Mexican flag represents all this, but you cannot come to terms b/c somewhere along the way you internalized that you'll somehow be a racist if you admit it.

e was crack epidemic.

So should I be angry when I see a "Proud to be Irish" flag stickered on a rear window?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

e was crack epidemic.

So should I be angry when I see a "Proud to be Irish" flag stickered on a rear window?
    I'm not saying anyone should not be proud of their heritage (except for muslims; that ion ) to whatever degree. And honestly, many first gen illegals are hard working. But if I'm being honest, they brought a butt load of problems with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Furthermore, aren't Texans always celebrating the growth of their economy, which has been among the healthiest in the country over the last couple of decades? Texas Latino pop? Hispanic of any race: 37.5%

California Hispanic pop: 37.6%

The two biggest economic contributing states have large Hispanic populations. Chaos indeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not saying anyone should not be proud of their heritage (except for muslims; that ion ) to whatever degree. And honestly, many first gen illegals are hard working. But if I'm being honest, they brought a butt load of problems with them.
    Remember the Unz article I posted earlier? In the Southwest especially, Latinos don't behave any worse than whites. What are the buttload of problems here? I don't feel like posting graphs, but trust me (googling): Whites have higher addiction rates than Hispanics. Hispanic unemployment is marginally less at 5.9% (that's lower than Canada) vs. 4.2%. Dependence on social programs is about the same per percentage of households. Not seeing it. Think you've watched American Me and Blood in, Blood Out a few too many times.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    :: mental gymnastics

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember the Unz article I posted earlier? In the Southwest especially, Latinos don't behave any worse than whites. What are the buttload of problems here? I don't feel like posting graphs, but trust me (googling): Whites have higher addiction rates than Hispanics. Hispanic unemployment is marginally less at 5.9% (that's lower than Canada) vs. 4.2%. Dependence on social programs is about the same per percentage of households. Not seeing it. Think you've watched American Me and Blood in, Blood Out a few too many times.
    Where are the drugs coming from? Who is bringing the crime? Come on now; it's ghetto culture. It's not what you would choose for your kids if you could live anywhere.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    The internet needs to be revamped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are the drugs coming from?Who is bringing the crime? Come on now; it's ghetto culture. It's not what you would choose for your kids if you could live anywhere.
    Pharmaceutical companies through their men-in-white coated dealers? , the Sacklers purposely targeted the economically depressed Midwest since they knew it would be a fertile ground of potential addicts. But yes, cartels also deal a load of drugs, but we're not talking about cartels based in Mexico, but Latino immigrants. Sure, no doubt cartel affiliated people who snuck in have committed crime, but even taking that into consideration, the Latino crime rate is relatively low. Here's a graph (for the year of 2015):

https://www.ultius.com/images/easybl...e-of-crime.jpg

I will also again refer to the Unz article. I don't see all this crime they're bringing in?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    :: mental gymnastics
    Nazism has no place in a civil society. It isn't a "differing point of view," but an ideology that has a genocidal end-game. If someone tells me they're a Nazi, I take that as a death threat, since their goal would indeed be to have me (and you) killed if they could get away with it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pharmaceutical companies through their men-in-white coated dealers? , the Sacklers purposely targeted the economically depressed Midwest since they knew it would be a fertile ground of potential addicts. But yes, cartels also deal a load of drugs, but we're not talking about cartels based in Mexico, but Latino immigrants. Sure, no doubt cartel affiliated people who snuck in have committed crime, but even taking that into consideration, the Latino crime rate is relatively low. Here's a graph (for the year of 2015):

https://www.ultius.com/images/easybl...e-of-crime.jpg

I will also again refer to the Unz article. I don't see all this crime they're bringing in?
    You might want to revisit that wiki page you posted showing Mexico's murder rate. You really think the dregs of their society ain't bringing that with them?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    midnightpulp

Honestly, as a baseball fan you should know this stuff from even just one night at the Dodger stadium parking lot. That's not the tone at other parking lots around the country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You might want to revisit that wiki page you posted showing Mexico's murder rate. You really think the dregs of their society ain't bringing that with them?
    Again, that's in Mexico. Not here. Why hasn't that murder rate translated to here? Maybe because it's the good people trying to escape that ty situation? Proof is in the stats. Re: Dodger Stadium. That's a cherry pick. And events like Bryan Stow are relatively rare. I can counter by referencing the Spurs 2014 celebration during the night they won the le (it was on youtube). I don't recall seeing a white face, yet that was a peaceful celebration (meanwhile, the majority white Vancouver burns their city down when they lose an NHL playoffs). And yeah, we probably have more gang-banging Latinos here and they wind up at places like Dodger Stadium, but their existence is still not enough to drive up the demographic's crime rate overall.

My point is let's try blaming individuals rather than groups.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, that's in Mexico. Not here. Why hasn't that murder rate translated to here? Maybe because it's the good people trying to escape that ty situation? Proof is in the stats. Re: Dodger Stadium. That's a cherry pick. And events like Bryan Stow are relatively rare. I can counter by referencing the Spurs 2014 celebration during the night they won the le (it was on youtube). I don't recall seeing a white face, yet that was a peaceful celebration (meanwhile, the majority white Vancouver burns their city down when they lose an NHL playoffs). And yeah, we probably have more gang-banging Latinos here and they wind up at places like Dodger Stadium, but their existence is still not enough to drive up the demographic's crime rate overall.

My point is let's try blaming individuals rather than groups.
    Dude, you're trying to stat this to death. You go to places like Huntington Beach, New Port Beach, Carlsbad, Santa Barbara; they're nice places and predominately white. In it's heyday, that's how all of California was. You find a neighborhood, it's going to inevitably have a high number of minorities. Sure, there may be a few white trash area exceptions (related to the crystal meth boom). Again now, I'm not saying there aren't plenty of good Mexicans; in fact, a great many of them are good. But I'm just telling you of some macro realities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, you're trying to stat this to death. You go to places like Huntington Beach, New Port Beach, Carlsbad, Santa Barbara; they're nice places and predominately white. In it's heyday, that's how all of California was. You find a neighborhood, it's going to inevitably have a high number of minorities. Sure, there may be a few white trash area exceptions (related to the crystal meth boom). Again now, I'm not saying there aren't plenty of good Mexicans; in fact, a great many of them are good. But I'm just telling you of some macro realities.
    no it wasn't. You didn't see murder rate stats I posted? Also, California has always had a significant Latino population. The classic census used to consider Latinos white in those glory days you speak of. I stat things to death because stats are more accurate than anecdotes and arguments from experience. Also, those areas are predominantly rich. Economic stability tends to correlate to lower crime rates. Oh, 30 percent Latino and only 58% white, lowest murder rate out of large cities in the US:

https://timesofsandiego.com/crime/20...ities-in-2018/

I'll also reiterate the point that the "white" Italian and Irish immigrants ed the crime rate far higher than Latino immigrants. I'm not saying this to suggest any of the ethnicities are inherently less violent than each other, but to illustrate that crime is more a by product of economic status over anything else. Once those ethnicities maturated into American life over a couple of generations, the crime rate of that group fell dramatically. This has already happened to Latinos (see again, Unz report) and is happening with blacks. Yes, I know blacks have been here as long as whites, but their set backs have been a bit more significant. Sure, Irish and Italians were discriminated against, but weren't lynched in public for leering at white women.

Thread Information