Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Avante is sharing the video I used to educate him that "flippy " and "flying around" was superior to his 1950's bull .. classic avante flip flop

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    imagine believing its real for 12 years.
    I didn't watch the rasslin' as a baby/toddler....sheesh~~~~ Thinking around 59 when I got into it with granny, she loved it. I was 10 in 59, so....two years... back when they did try yo hide the fakery.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Avante is sharing the video I used to educate him that "flippy " and "flying around" was superior to his 1950's bull .. classic avante flip flop
    But it's not, it's totally inferior...BUT....more athletic.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I dunno, Avante. I respect pro wrestlers, that is hard and obviously breaks the body down. Problem is that the compe ion we witness is scripted and just because the wasslers compete to gain enough starpower to become a champ doesn't make it compe ive like a sport.

Now that's not to say wrasslers don't deserve the respect athletes get because some of them are amazing athletes who can do more than just execute some fancy moves. They can act, hype up crowds, think on the feet when moves are botched, etc. At the end of the day, it's a performance art tbh.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    I dunno, Avante. I respect pro wrestlers, that is hard and obviously breaks the body down. Problem is that the compe ion we witness is scripted and just because the wasslers compete to gain enough starpower to become a champ doesn't make it compe ive like a sport.

Now that's not to say wrasslers don't deserve the respect athletes get because some of them are amazing athletes who can do more than just execute some fancy moves. They can act, hype up crowds, think on the feet when moves are botched, etc. At the end of the day, it's a performance art tbh.
    There aren't sports where the only one you are competing against is yourself? Which those guys are doing.

Non-Compe ive Sports to Consider

• Canoeing.
    • Kayaking.
    • Archery.
    • Aerobics.
    • Recreational Dance.
    • Hiking.
    • Backpacking.
    • Fishing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    There aren't sports where the only one you are competing against is yourself? Which those guys are doing.

Non-Compe ive Sports to Consider

• Canoeing.
    • Kayaking.
    • Archery.
    • Aerobics.
    • Recreational Dance.
    • Hiking.
    • Backpacking.
    • Fishing.
    If Fishing is a sport, then maybe I'd let wrasslin pass as a sport

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Ha~

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Fishing is a sport. Fishing is HUGE. There are tournaments everywhere and it takes a load of skill. It's essentially golf, but less s and takes more skill and equipment.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Speaking of fishing.

You can never ever compete vs anyone and it is still a sport.

If just standing there with a pole in hand is a sport, how could pro wrestling not be a sport?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Speaking of fishing.

You can never ever compete vs anyone and it is still a sport.

If just standing there with a pole in hand is a sport, how could pro wrestling not be a sport?

A sport is something anyone that is physically able can partake in at any level. People dont recreationally start wrestling, it isnt something you can go into the sports section at Walmart and get gear for.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    A sport is something anyone that is physically able can partake in at any level. People dont recreationally start wrestling, it isnt something you can go into the sports section at Walmart and get gear for.
    When ya want to read about anything and have to go to the sports section in a newspaper to do that, yep....sport.

When you read about it in SI/ESPN....yep sport.

When you check out lists where the most popular sports are listed and there it is, yep...sport.

When ya check out the most successful pay per view sporting events and there it is, yep....sport.

When you go to any library asking for books on it and are told.....go to the sports section, yep.....a sport.

When you go to any book store anywhere and ask....any books on it...and are told...check the sports section, yep....a sport.

When you come here to ST looking to talk about it and find it at General Sports, yep....a sport.
    Last edited by Avant; 03-21-2019 at 01:36 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Fishing is a sport. Fishing is HUGE. There are tournaments everywhere and it takes a load of skill. It's essentially golf, but less s and takes more skill and equipment.
    It doesn't seem to fit into the definition of a sport, tbh. No knock on fishing, though.

At least in golf you have a mostly static course and everybody takes a shot at it to see who can do it with the fewest shots.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It doesn't seem to fit into the definition of a sport, tbh. No knock on fishing, though.

At least in golf you have a mostly static course and everybody takes a shot at it to see who can do it with the fewest shots.
    What the are you trying to say. Sometimes Mitch...you say some re ed sounding . Regardless of what you mean.

No offense though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    What the are you trying to say. Sometimes Mitch...you say some re ed sounding . Regardless of what you mean.

No offense though.
    sorry, s46, lemme dumb it down for you

fishing no sport but me respect fishing

golf different. each player hit ball to same hole, almost no change. winner hit ball fewest times

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

Fishing is too much luck to be a sport. It might as well be War, Gin, or Kings in the Corner... or, you know, "Go Fish".

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    you must suck at gin.

Thread Information