Page 114 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 2970
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    biden would pardon him before anything happened even if thats the case

NY might do its own thing, but i specified federal charges
    And thus why I answered as I did. Has Biden given any indication that he would pardon him? All I see him saying and doing is setting things up so that the DoJ is not interfered with. Very publicly as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And thus why I answered as I did. Has Biden given any indication that he would pardon him? All I see him saying and doing is setting things up so that the DoJ is not interfered with. Very publicly as well.
    all biden talks about is "healing" the country. i dont think having his DOJ go after trump fits with that (misguided) mantra at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump won’t be faced with any federal charges. Get that delusion/fantasy out of your head

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all biden talks about is "healing" the country. i dont think having his DOJ go after trump fits with that (misguided) mantra at all
    That is all narrative nonsense not policy. He has made a policy declaration of not interfering with DoJ investigations. If the AG -whoever that ends up being- begins an investigation I don't think he would shut it down. I don't think he is going to shut down the ongoing investigations into his son either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is all narrative nonsense not policy. He has made a policy declaration of not interfering with DoJ investigations. If the AG -whoever that ends up being- begins an investigation I don't think he would shut it down. I don't think he is going to shut down the ongoing investigations into his son either.
    He won’t shut down the investigation, but he would definitely grant a pardon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won’t shut down the investigation, but he would definitely grant a pardon.
    That is interfering with an investigation. You are de facto shutting it down. And again what indication has he given that he would do that. I can give you all kinds of quotes discussing his policy of non interference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden’s questioner at the town hall got the answer he wanted. The candidate pledged not to pardon Donald Trump. Chances are it will never matter. Only federal cases are subject to presidential pardons, and those against Trump could drag on for years.

https://www.kentucky.com/opinion/op-...246773372.html

So here we have Biden answering a question opposite to the pardon assumption.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden’s questioner at the town hall got the answer he wanted. The candidate pledged not to pardon Donald Trump. Chances are it will never matter. Only federal cases are subject to presidential pardons, and those against Trump could drag on for years.

https://www.kentucky.com/opinion/op-...246773372.html

So here we have Biden answering a question opposite to the pardon assumption.
    I read that 30+ state indictment are queued up against Trash and his mafiya.

It will costs him $10Ms in legal fees but his cult mob will continue to finance him. And of course, he has already pocketed a few $100M from cult mob and scams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It will costs him $10Ms in legal fees but his cult mob will continue to finance him. And of course, he has already pocketed a few $100M from cult mob and scams.
    His businesses haven't been profitable in decades outside of POTUS leverage. He spends money like mad and I expect that to continue. The proverbial florsheims are held above his head and the fingers are unclenching.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump will be prosecuted, period.

Book it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump will be prosecuted, period.

Book it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Explain how Trump isn't guilty of multiple felonies. All three elements of felony obstruction are right there, multiple times.

FIRST FELONY
    E. Efforts to fire Mueller
    Obstructive act (p. 87): Former White House Counsel Don McGahn is a “credible witness” in providing evidence that Trump indeed attempted to fire Mueller. This “would qualify as an obstructive act” if the firing “would naturally obstruct the investigation and any grand jury proceedings that might flow from the inquiry.”
    Nexus (p. 89): “Substantial evidence” indicates that, at this point, Trump was aware that “his conduct was under investigation by a federal prosecutor who could present any evidence of federal crimes to a grand jury.”
    Intent (p. 89): “Substantial evidence indicates that the President’s attempts to remove the Special Counsel were linked to the Special Counsel’s oversight of investigations that involved the President’s conduct[.]”

SECOND FELONY
    F. Efforts to curtail Mueller
    Obstructive act (p. 97): Trump’s effort to force Sessions to confine the investigation to only investigating future election interference “would qualify as an obstructive act if it would naturally obstruct the investigation and any grand jury proceedings that might flow from the inquiry.” “Taken together, the President’s directives indicate that Sessions was being instructed to tell the Special Counsel to end the existing investigation into the President and his campaign[.]”
    Nexus (p. 97): At the relevant point, “the existence of a grand jury investigation supervised by the Special Counsel was public knowledge.”
    Intent (p. 97): “Substantial evidence” indicates that Trump’s efforts were “intended to prevent further investigative scrutiny of the President’s and his campaign’s conduct.”
    THIRD FELONY
    I. Order to McGahn to deny Trump’s order to fire Mueller
    Obstructive act (p. 118): This effort “would qualify as an obstructive act if it had the natural tendency to constrain McGahn from testifying truthfully or to undermine his credibility as a potential witness[.]” There is “some evidence” that Trump genuinely believed press reports that he had ordered McGahn to fire Mueller were wrong. However, “[o]ther evidence cuts against that understanding of the president’s conduct”—and the special counsel lists a great deal more evidence on this latter point.
    Nexus (p. 119): At this point “the Special Counsel’s use of a grand jury had been further confirmed by the return of several indictments.” Mueller’s office had indicated to Trump’s lawyers that it was investigating obstruction, and Trump knew that McGahn had already been interviewed by Mueller on the topic. “That evidence indicates the President’s awareness” that his efforts to fire Mueller were relevant to official proceedings. Trump “likely contemplated the ongoing investigation and any proceedings arising from it” in directing McGahn to create a false record of the earlier interaction.
    Intent (p. 120): “Substantial evidence indicates that … the President acted for the purpose of influencing McGahn’s account in order to deflect or prevent further scrutiny” of Trump.

FOURTH FELONY
    J. Conduct toward... Manafort
    Obstructive act (p. 131): “The President’s actions toward witnesses … would qualify as obstructive if they had the natural tendency to prevent particular witnesses from testifying truthfully, or otherwise would have the probable effect of influencing, delaying, or preventing their testimony to law enforcement.” ...Regarding Manafort, “there is evidence that the President’s actions had the potential” to influence Manafort’s thinking on cooperation, and his public statements “had the potential to influence the trial jury.”
    Nexus (p. 132): Trump’s actions toward [Manafort and others] “appear to have been connected to pending or anticipated official proceedings involving each individual.”

Are multiple counts of obstruction of justice impeachable?
    Now we get to see:

"Is it prosecutable after that wit is out of office?"

The answer is yes. Statute of limitations is not yet up for that mother er.

LOCK HIM UP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still waiting for that to drop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘The perfect target’:

Russia cultivated Trump as asset for 40 years – ex-KGB spy

proved so willing to parrot anti-western propaganda that there were celebrations in Moscow,

compares the former US president to “the Cambridge five”, the British spy ring that passed secrets to Moscow during the second world war and early cold war.

also explores the former president’s relationship with the
    disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein.

they were just students and then they rose to important positions; something like that was happening with Trump,”

Trump first appeared on the Russians’ radar in 1977 when he married his first wife, Ivana Zelnickova, a Czech model.

Trump became the target of a spying operation overseen by Czechoslovakia’s intelligence service in cooperation with the KGB.

Trump bought 200 television sets for the hotel from Semyon Kislin, a Soviet émigré who co-owned Joy-Lud electronics on Fifth Avenue.

According to Shvets, Joy-Lud was controlled by the KGB and

Kislin worked as a so-called “spotter agent” who identified Trump, a young businessman on the rise, as a potential asset.

The feeling was that he was extremely vulnerable intellectually, and psychologically, and he was prone to flattery."

Shortly after Trump's trip to the USSR, he took out a major advertisement in the New York Times, Washington Post, and Boston Globe, in which

he questioned why America should be paying for the security of NATO countries.

"The bizarre intervention was cause for astonishment and jubilation in Russia,"

Russia did not have some grand long-term conspiracy to make Trump president, but rather lucked into Trump's presidency through a series of unlikely events.

around 1980, the Russians were trying to recruit like crazy and going after dozens and dozens of people."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...b-spy-new-book

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stunning new allegations further connect Trump to Russian mobsters and oligarchs

Trump was certainly no stranger to a sprawling netherworld of Russian gangsters and oligarchs.

this Russian criminal network with worldwide reach hired Felix Sater, one of Trump's closest associates, to hide a fortune stolen in Kazakhstan.

Some of the $440 million was intended to finance a Trump tower in Moscow,

Mueller Stymied

Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III told Congress last year that his team was limited to investigating only criminal acts involved in the 2016 presidential campaign. He was instructed not to touch on counterintelligence.

That was a huge favor to Trump and to a vast network of Russian gangsters and fronts connected to Trump, to his campaign and another of his lawyers, Rudy Giuliani.

The Almaty plaintiffs describe a farflung scheme to hide much of the stolen money in America using Sater, a violent felon and stock swindler, and Robert S. Wolf, a Moses & Singer partner.

Trump-Sater Connections

For years Sater traveled widely with Trump on his personal jet, spoke on his behalf to journalists and was filmed with Trump at public events.

Sater "was aware" the money he funneled through Moses & Singer's client trust account was stolen, court papers say. That's when Sater negotiated his fee for helping to hide the looted money,

Before assuming office Trump was en led to 18% of the profits from the project which he worked on with Sater.

Trump signed a letter that authorized a reorganization during which millions of dollars disappeared into an Icelandic bank under the thumb of an oligarch.

Brooklyn's Russian Mobsters

The Brooklyn federal courthouse appears to be central to how Russian gangsters in Brooklyn and Long Island get away with crimes in return for funneling information to our government.

That courthouse is home to an estimated 60 to 75 double sealed criminal cases. It is common to seal criminal case files at times, but a double seal means there is not even a public docket indicating a case exists.

these cases all involve Russian-speaking mobsters who, like Bulger, have persuaded the Justice Department that they are more useful as informants and should be allowed to maintain their corrupt businesses.

A 20% actual cut in the IRS budget in the last decade makes the service struggle just to process tax returns.

The $440 million Almaty theft is connected to a larger scheme in which an estimated $10 billion was looted from the government of Kazakhstan.

In December a British court froze about $5 billion of the money.

Questions about whether any of that money was laundered via Trump real estate deals are being pursued in other litigation.

Trump's personal lawyer, Giuliani, has had extensive dealings going back at least 14 years with the shadowy and corrupt world of Kazakh petroleum interests.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-sater

Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-01-2021 at 05:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stunning new allegations further connect Trump to Russian mobsters and oligarchs

Trump was certainly no stranger to a sprawling netherworld of Russian gangsters and oligarchs.

this Russian criminal network with worldwide reach hired Felix Sater, one of Trump's closest associates, to hide a fortune stolen in Kazakhstan.

Some of the $440 million was intended to finance a Trump tower in Moscow,

Mueller Stymied

Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III told Congress last year that his team was limited to investigating only criminal acts involved in the 2016 presidential campaign. He was instructed not to touch on counterintelligence.

That was a huge favor to Trump and to a vast network of Russian gangsters and fronts connected to Trump, to his campaign and another of his lawyers, Rudy Giuliani.

The Almaty plaintiffs describe a farflung scheme to hide much of the stolen money in America using Sater, a violent felon and stock swindler, and Robert S. Wolf, a Moses & Singer partner.

Trump-Sater Connections

For years Sater traveled widely with Trump on his personal jet, spoke on his behalf to journalists and was filmed with Trump at public events.

Sater "was aware" the money he funneled through Moses & Singer's client trust account was stolen, court papers say. That's when Sater negotiated his fee for helping to hide the looted money,

Before assuming office Trump was en led to 18% of the profits from the project which he worked on with Sater.

Trump signed a letter that authorized a reorganization during which millions of dollars disappeared into an Icelandic bank under the thumb of an oligarch.

Brooklyn's Russian Mobsters

The Brooklyn federal courthouse appears to be central to how Russian gangsters in Brooklyn and Long Island get away with crimes in return for funneling information to our government.

That courthouse is home to an estimated 60 to 75 double sealed criminal cases. It is common to seal criminal case files at times, but a double seal means there is not even a public docket indicating a case exists.

these cases all involve Russian-speaking mobsters who, like Bulger, have persuaded the Justice Department that they are more useful as informants and should be allowed to maintain their corrupt businesses.

A 20% actual cut in the IRS budget in the last decade makes the service struggle just to process tax returns.

The $440 million Almaty theft is connected to a larger scheme in which an estimated $10 billion was looted from the government of Kazakhstan.

In December a British court froze about $5 billion of the money.

Questions about whether any of that money was laundered via Trump real estate deals are being pursued in other litigation.

Trump's personal lawyer, Giuliani, has had extensive dealings going back at least 14 years with the shadowy and corrupt world of Kazakh petroleum interests.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-sater

Shocker.

The risk factors have always been there, and this was, for me, the most likely avenue that Russian mafiosos could exercise control over him, by bank rolling him.

As he laundered money for them, he became more and more on the hook for blackmail.

My guess is that these ties eventually culminated in his complete sniveling subservience to Putin. They literally have the goods on him.

His tax returns will open that closet door, and a rather large pile of bones is going to tumble out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shocker.

The risk factors have always been there, and this was, for me, the most likely avenue that Russian mafiosos could exercise control over him, by bank rolling him.

As he laundered money for them, he became more and more on the hook for blackmail.

My guess is that these ties eventually culminated in his complete sniveling subservience to Putin. They literally have the goods on him.

His tax returns will open that closet door, and a rather large pile of bones is going to tumble out.
    ... and if DB will cooperate and finally admit the money they laundered and lent Trash was deposited by Russians

If the US had any balls it would have annulled HSBC's USA banking license for laundering $100Ms of drug money, and would threaten DB with the same.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

translation: russia/ trump/GOP/ failed in their cheating to steal a SECOND election and a LEGIT US ADMINISTRATION will now begin real vetting and investigations -

so putin called off deripaska to retreat from their GOP -assisted attack

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both Fox News and Russian state media are trying to get Biden to debate Putin

State-controlled media in Russia has continued to repeat the demand for a "duel,"

the Fox clips amounted to "rooting for Putin," something The New York Times' Ezra Klein agreed with, calling it a "really remarkable moment in what the American Right has become."

"If you had asked me 20+ years ago if the Republican Party was going to become the Putin Cheerleading Squad, I'd have bet more likely the sun would become a giant red star first."

https://theweek.com/speedreads/97319...n-debate-putin

I thought Repugs preferring Pootin to Obama because he was a hated knitter first, and a Dem second.

Fox and Repugs ignore that Pootin is and has been AT WAR WITH USA for years. Pootin is a ING ADVERSARY

Thread Information