Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 2970
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump judge hit with a brutal legal slap down

after trying to block Democrats from Mueller grand jury docs

a federal appeals court ruled that the

Department of Justice must hand over do ents from Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation to Congress.

Judge Neomi Rao, a Trump appointee, was the lone dissenter.

Judge Thomas Griffith, a conservative George W. Bush appointee, took time to address Rao’s reasoning for her dissent, writing at one point that Rao’s “distinction between authorization and compulsion strikes me as untenable on its own terms.”

“The dissent explains this distinction by arguing that the court’s ‘supervisory power is strictly limited to actions taken …

in aid of the grand jury’ and that compelling disclosure aids third parties rather than the grand jury. …

But merely authorizing disclosure also aids third parties rather than the grand jury,” writes Griffith.

“The dissent therefore cannot explain why

the district court has power to permit disclosure in the first place.

Taken to its logical conclusion,

the dissent’s theory would seem to require outright dismissal of this case—

a result that the dissent agrees is contrary to history and precedent.”

Griffith closed by

accusing Rao of trying to “chase jurisdictional phantoms”

in an effort to keep the un-redacted Mueller report out of the House’s hands.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/trump-judge-hit-with-a-brutal-legal-slap-down-after-trying-to-block-democrats-from-mueller-grand-jury-docs/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3921

One of Leonard Leo's assholes get crushed.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-10-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump judge hit with a brutal legal slap down

after trying to block Democrats from Mueller grand jury docs

a federal appeals court ruled that the

Department of Justice must hand over do ents from Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation to Congress.

Judge Neomi Rao, a Trump appointee, was the lone dissenter.

Judge Thomas Griffith, a conservative George W. Bush appointee, took time to address Rao’s reasoning for her dissent, writing at one point that Rao’s “distinction between authorization and compulsion strikes me as untenable on its own terms.”

“The dissent explains this distinction by arguing that the court’s ‘supervisory power is strictly limited to actions taken …

in aid of the grand jury’ and that compelling disclosure aids third parties rather than the grand jury. …

But merely authorizing disclosure also aids third parties rather than the grand jury,” writes Griffith.

“The dissent therefore cannot explain why

the district court has power to permit disclosure in the first place.

Taken to its logical conclusion,

the dissent’s theory would seem to require outright dismissal of this case—

a result that the dissent agrees is contrary to history and precedent.”

Griffith closed by

accusing Rao of trying to “chase jurisdictional phantoms”

in an effort to keep the un-redacted Mueller report out of the House’s hands.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/trump-judge-hit-with-a-brutal-legal-slap-down-after-trying-to-block-democrats-from-mueller-grand-jury-docs/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3921

One of Leonard Leo's assholes get crushed.

DOJ will appeal to the Scotus -

another delay probably just stall until election

cover up continues...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Continues To Punish Jeff Sessions,

Endorses His Opponent In Alabama Senate Race

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-continues-to-punish-jeff-sessions-endorses-his-opponent-in-alabama-senate-race/

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But, secretly, bouts, the old man wants him back in there. He just hopes he can eat his cake (punish Jeff) & have it too (Jeff back in there).
    It's human. It's American male.
    Just hope it works out. They was hoping that Jones would turn coat & come across the aisle, but, instead he went full Democrat! That, more than anything else has hurt us in Alabama. The DNC has made promises to Jones, big promises & will fulfill them.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    DOJ will appeal to the Scotus -

another delay probably just stall until election

cover up continues...
    Nothing wrong with that 3rd pillar of American gov't. Your side used & uses it extensively. You just didn't want our side using it.

You get 5 Justices to compel him you got 'er ed. Otherwise, NO.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The importance of the Mueller investigation purposely avoided by the worshipers of the orange God and by blue team members That thought it was wrong:

mueller has weighed in with an op Ed and people need to look at the underlined parts to understand what the investigation did and did not do

this is in honor of all the bumpage that has gone on

We now have a detailed picture of Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election,” Mueller wrote. “We also identified numerous links between the Russian government and Trump campaign personnel — Stone among them. We did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired with the Russian government in its activities. The investigation did, however, establish that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome. It also established that the campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts.”

Witchhunt my ass

this is still being denied and purposely overlooked by the red team.
    they want to forget the last two underlined statements. The blue team does not like the first underlined statement. Schiff in particular.

I believe all of the above underlined.
    if you don’t , I believe you can be put in the partisan hack category.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Invite him to talk about more than Stone before the election as the red team apparently thinks it’s ok to fck with our elections and team Trump may welcome it.

https://apple.news/A07pGYKqMQqSx87QnU5ODEA

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The importance of the Mueller investigation purposely avoided by the worshipers of the orange God and by blue team members That thought it was wrong:

mueller has weighed in with an op Ed and people need to look at the underlined parts to understand what the investigation did and did not do

this is in honor of all the bumpage that has gone on

We now have a detailed picture of Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election,” Mueller wrote. “We also identified numerous links between the Russian government and Trump campaign personnel — Stone among them. We did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired with the Russian government in its activities. The investigation did, however, establish that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome. It also established that the campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts.”

Witchhunt my ass

this is still being denied and purposely overlooked by the red team.
    they want to forget the last two underlined statements. The blue team does not like the first underlined statement. Schiff in particular.

I believe all of the above underlined.
    if you don’t , I believe you can be put in the partisan hack category.

I agree with all of the above - and IF you are NOT a partisan hack yourself you should also agree -
    (regarding the FIRST - underlined part that you accuse Schiff and Dems of not liking)

that ONE of the reasons Mueller team did NOT establish a conspiracy was because of traitors like Stone and Manafort and Flynn who did not cooperate and obstructed the investigation - same as Trump -

the fact that Muellers hands were also tied - in not being able to compel Trump and trump jr and others to testify under a grand jury further drive that point home

he did NOT establish a conspiracy

ONLY because of the criminality that trump team traitors continued while covering up an investigation.

Finally -

the Mueller report AND the Grand Jury materials are still under a cover up.

Don't try and paint yourself as some neutral arbiter - and accuse any side of hackery - unless you state complete facts - otherwise you fall into the same thing you are accusing others of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with all of the above - and IF you are NOT a partisan hack yourself you should also agree -
    (regarding the FIRST - underlined part that you accuse Schiff and Dems of not liking)

that ONE of the reasons Mueller team did NOT establish a conspiracy was because of traitors like Stone and Manafort and Flynn who did not cooperate and obstructed the investigation - same as Trump -

the fact that Muellers hands were also tied - in not being able to compel Trump and trump jr and others to testify under a grand jury further drive that point home

he did NOT establish a conspiracy

ONLY because of the criminality that trump team traitors continued while covering up an investigation.

Finally -

the Mueller report AND the Grand Jury materials are still under a cover up.

Don't try and paint yourself as some neutral arbiter - and accuse any side of hackery - unless you state complete facts - otherwise you fall into the same thing you are accusing others of.
    Your are a partisan hack.

You have zero evidence that meetings took place between Trump and Russia on planning on how they would win the election together. The fact that witnesses did NOT get to testify does not AUTOMATICALLY lead to the conclusion given in bold.

You also said you would disown members of your own family that still sided RED.
    You are the hack and the unyielding hardhead in the vein of the man you hate.
    Hypocrisy at its finest in the blue.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    E
    Your are a partisan hack.

You have zero evidence that meetings took place between Trump and Russia on planning on how they would win the election together. The fact that witnesses did NOT get to testify does not AUTOMATICALLY lead to the conclusion given in bold.

You also said you would disown members of your own family that still sided RED.
    You are the hack and the unyielding hardhead in the vein of the man you hate.
    Hypocrisy at its finest in the blue.

you are really dense;

I agreed with all your underlined statements-

and

ONLY ADDED- that

1) there are reasons why mueller didnt/couldnt prove the conspiracy (hundreds of russia/trump contacts in the mueller report)
    and
    2) mueller report is still under a cover up -as is the grand jury materials - not to mention- other fbi cases being hidden by barr

nothing partisan about any of that-

you lay your trust in that “you have no proof blah-blah”

which is your opinion-

all im saying is that your opinion is not taking into account the fact that the evidence is still being covered up by trump and barr and the supreme court is dragging its feet until after the election...

why you want to protect russia snd trump and minimize their unpatriotic illegal activity is beyond me...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...and the Senate intel report confirms just about everything in it.

Including the collusion.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    ...and the Senate intel report confirms just about everything in it.

Including the collusion.
    Acting chairman of the committee who released the report

“Over the last three years, the Senate Intelligence Committee conducted a bipartisan and thorough investigation into Russian efforts to influence the 2016 election and undermine our democracy. We interviewed over 200 witnesses and reviewed over one million pages of do ents. No probe into this matter has been more exhaustive.

“We can say, without any hesitation, that the Committee found absolutely no evidence that then-candidate Donald Trump or his campaign colluded with the Russian government to meddle in the 2016 election."

And can't forget what your God Mueller said

1. "The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

2. "The investigation examined whether [contacts between Russia and Trump figures] involved or resulted in coordination or a conspiracy with the Trump Campaign and Russia, including with respect to Russia providing assistance to the Campaign in exchange for any sort of favorable treatment in the future. Based on the available information, the investigation did not establish such coordination."

3. "The investigation did not establish that [Carter] Page coordinated with the Russian government in its efforts to interfere with the 2016 election."

4. "The Office did not identify evidence in those [contacts between Russians and people around Trump after the GOP convention] of coordination between the Campaign and the Russian government."

5. "The Office did not identify evidence of a connection between Manafort's sharing polling data and Russia's interference in the election ... [and] the investigation did not establish that Manafort otherwise coordinated with the Russian government on its election-interference efforts."

6. "The investigation did not establish that these [contacts between Russians and people around Trump during the transition] reflected or cons uted coordination between the Trump Campaign and Russia in its election interference activities."

7. "The investigation did not identify evidence that any U.S. persons conspired or coordinated with the [Russian disinformation campaign]."

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    avoiding the actual report at all costs

criminal referrals meaningless now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just keep tap dancing, TSA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Acting chairman of the committee who released the report

“Over the last three years, the Senate Intelligence Committee conducted a bipartisan and thorough investigation into Russian efforts to influence the 2016 election and undermine our democracy. We interviewed over 200 witnesses and reviewed over one million pages of do ents. No probe into this matter has been more exhaustive.

“We can say, without any hesitation, that the Committee found absolutely no evidence that then-candidate Donald Trump or his campaign colluded with the Russian government to meddle in the 2016 election."

And can't forget what your God Mueller said

1. "The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

2. "The investigation examined whether [contacts between Russia and Trump figures] involved or resulted in coordination or a conspiracy with the Trump Campaign and Russia, including with respect to Russia providing assistance to the Campaign in exchange for any sort of favorable treatment in the future. Based on the available information, the investigation did not establish such coordination."

3. "The investigation did not establish that [Carter] Page coordinated with the Russian government in its efforts to interfere with the 2016 election."

4. "The Office did not identify evidence in those [contacts between Russians and people around Trump after the GOP convention] of coordination between the Campaign and the Russian government."

5. "The Office did not identify evidence of a connection between Manafort's sharing polling data and Russia's interference in the election ... [and] the investigation did not establish that Manafort otherwise coordinated with the Russian government on its election-interference efforts."

6. "The investigation did not establish that these [contacts between Russians and people around Trump during the transition] reflected or cons uted coordination between the Trump Campaign and Russia in its election interference activities."

7. "The investigation did not identify evidence that any U.S. persons conspired or coordinated with the [Russian disinformation campaign]."

Number one the Russians did interfere in our elections in an unprecedented manner

Number two the Trump campaign knew about the interference and did nothing

Number three the Trump campaign welcomed the interference because they thought it would help them in the election

Number four the Trump campaign did indeed have communication with the Russians via Manafort and very likely others, but this was an issue to be taken up by Congress.

and lastly, the only reason this president was not voted out of Office was political
    The impeachment hearings could not be conclusive because witnesses were told not to testify so it became easy for the red team to dismiss it by a narrow margin totally along party lines.

sorry but this whole Russia thing is a horrible look for a President of the United States. Get him the fck out of office.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unredacted, in part

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cover ups are pretty effective when your own AG can bury any treason until the fire cools down and if uncovered years later when lazy Americans are too busy to care

the cover up was successful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also when then Senate won't interview a single witness.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also when then Senate won't interview a single witness.
    "won't?"

Trash/Barr said Congress CANNOT depose any Exec branch members, nor see any docs (that aren't yet burned)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cover ups are pretty effective when your own AG can bury any treason until the fire cools down and if uncovered years later when lazy Americans are too busy to care

the cover up was successful.
    I get the feeling that Barr has probably done something obstruction of justice-y.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Explain how Trump isn't guilty of multiple felonies. All three elements of felony obstruction are right there, multiple times.

FIRST FELONY
    E. Efforts to fire Mueller
    Obstructive act (p. 87): Former White House Counsel Don McGahn is a “credible witness” in providing evidence that Trump indeed attempted to fire Mueller. This “would qualify as an obstructive act” if the firing “would naturally obstruct the investigation and any grand jury proceedings that might flow from the inquiry.”
    Nexus (p. 89): “Substantial evidence” indicates that, at this point, Trump was aware that “his conduct was under investigation by a federal prosecutor who could present any evidence of federal crimes to a grand jury.”
    Intent (p. 89): “Substantial evidence indicates that the President’s attempts to remove the Special Counsel were linked to the Special Counsel’s oversight of investigations that involved the President’s conduct[.]”

SECOND FELONY
    F. Efforts to curtail Mueller
    Obstructive act (p. 97): Trump’s effort to force Sessions to confine the investigation to only investigating future election interference “would qualify as an obstructive act if it would naturally obstruct the investigation and any grand jury proceedings that might flow from the inquiry.” “Taken together, the President’s directives indicate that Sessions was being instructed to tell the Special Counsel to end the existing investigation into the President and his campaign[.]”
    Nexus (p. 97): At the relevant point, “the existence of a grand jury investigation supervised by the Special Counsel was public knowledge.”
    Intent (p. 97): “Substantial evidence” indicates that Trump’s efforts were “intended to prevent further investigative scrutiny of the President’s and his campaign’s conduct.”
    THIRD FELONY
    I. Order to McGahn to deny Trump’s order to fire Mueller
    Obstructive act (p. 118): This effort “would qualify as an obstructive act if it had the natural tendency to constrain McGahn from testifying truthfully or to undermine his credibility as a potential witness[.]” There is “some evidence” that Trump genuinely believed press reports that he had ordered McGahn to fire Mueller were wrong. However, “[o]ther evidence cuts against that understanding of the president’s conduct”—and the special counsel lists a great deal more evidence on this latter point.
    Nexus (p. 119): At this point “the Special Counsel’s use of a grand jury had been further confirmed by the return of several indictments.” Mueller’s office had indicated to Trump’s lawyers that it was investigating obstruction, and Trump knew that McGahn had already been interviewed by Mueller on the topic. “That evidence indicates the President’s awareness” that his efforts to fire Mueller were relevant to official proceedings. Trump “likely contemplated the ongoing investigation and any proceedings arising from it” in directing McGahn to create a false record of the earlier interaction.
    Intent (p. 120): “Substantial evidence indicates that … the President acted for the purpose of influencing McGahn’s account in order to deflect or prevent further scrutiny” of Trump.

FOURTH FELONY
    J. Conduct toward... Manafort
    Obstructive act (p. 131): “The President’s actions toward witnesses … would qualify as obstructive if they had the natural tendency to prevent particular witnesses from testifying truthfully, or otherwise would have the probable effect of influencing, delaying, or preventing their testimony to law enforcement.” ...Regarding Manafort, “there is evidence that the President’s actions had the potential” to influence Manafort’s thinking on cooperation, and his public statements “had the potential to influence the trial jury.”
    Nexus (p. 132): Trump’s actions toward [Manafort and others] “appear to have been connected to pending or anticipated official proceedings involving each individual.”

Are multiple counts of obstruction of justice impeachable?
    Jan 21st isn't going to be out of the statute of limitations for some of these.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump won’t be faced with any federal charges. Get that delusion/fantasy out of your head

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump won’t be faced with any federal charges. Get that delusion/fantasy out of your head
    Impeachment/removal was the only available remedy; it failed.

Trump's on his way out, time to move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he doesn't pardon himself and things come to light from state prosecutions he very well could be. I don't see the feds leading the charge but he is going to be indicted by NY and other states by all indications.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he doesn't pardon himself and things come to light from state prosecutions he very well could be. I don't see the feds leading the charge but he is going to be indicted by NY and other states by all indications.
    biden would pardon him before anything happened even if thats the case

NY might do its own thing, but i specified federal charges

Thread Information