My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's 34 this year IIRC. Who cares if he goes to Portland at 36

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how will we replace this soft vagina? First Pau and now LMA... it will be sad day when he goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naw, LMA. If he's thinking about Portland then he's not focusing 100% on the Spurs. He can gtfo tbh.
    True. But we get the remaining good years. It's like telling your first wife you'll come back to her when your mistress get's ugly

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. But we get the remaining good years. It's like telling your first wife you'll come back to her when your mistress get's ugly

LOL. If your wife tells you that she's thinking about going back to her old boyfriend? Not now... but probably in a couple of years?

I'm pretty sure the correct response is, "I'll help you pack. Today."

Even better if you have an opportunity to trade her for someone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how will we replace this soft vagina? First Pau and now LMA... it will be sad day when he goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he leaves we can get Kawhi back, I'm all for that.
    As long as his uncle stays in another country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be good if it happens. His value is still high, despite his age - he's had his 2 best seasons of his career last year & this year in terms of efficiency & it would probably allow Poeltl to start next year & we could return to more of a motion offense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly just like MVParker will retire a Spur, Hornets don't care why should we?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as we get something for LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You won't get much for him, the league knows he's a pussy with no winning instinct.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This much ado about nothing. Imo LA is appeasing the trail blazers because he made overtures about returning there. My recollection spurs scapegoated him after the WCfinals. He asked Lillard about returning . He then signed an extension with the spurs soon after. LAMARCUS strung the blazers along so feels compelled to give back. It's just talk at the end of the day.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't blame the guy. He was the guy back in Portland. We just need to start all over again, and not have a superstar who doesn't wanna play here in our laps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What he’s not realizing is that by the time his contract is up, Lillard will be 31, and our bevy of young guards will be tearing up the league, but, go ahead, LMA, go on back home to Portland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would anybody be mad at LMA, him leaving after his contract is up (or even within the next 2 years) would be great for this franchise tbh. Even better if the Spurs can get some assets out of it....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would anybody be mad at LMA, him leaving after his contract is up (or even within the next 2 years) would be great for this franchise tbh. Even better if the Spurs can get some assets out of it....
    If the narrative about FAs not wanting to come to SA is true, then we definitely need to get something in trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm not mad at him about him wanting to go somewhere else. I'm mad at him talking publicly about wanting to go play somewhere else, while he's still supposed to be a part of this team.

I don't like that when it involves some other team, for that matter. Want what you want. Go to your management privately and ask for a trade, if that's what you need to do. Don't on the guys who are on your team by airing this stuff publicly.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team loyalty is ruined on account of professional sports owners being massive ing s, with few exceptions.

There's no sense being adherent to any one team when you have to make yourself understand that you are a hired gun at best in most situations and an inmate if you play Houston football.

Unfortunately, it is only logical that loyalty should be to self for the players, just like owner loyalty is to self.

Players can play anywhere and they know that, these days.

I am slightly annoyed by this, but it's hard to blame him.

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is 33 this year. Just saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thing is a bit overblown. Much like Parker's comments about Kawhi's injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get this loser out of here ASAP. Addition by subtraction. Less of a leader than Kawhi was with the Spurs. I can’t stand Jabari but hopefully he’s right.
    https://www.blazersedge.com/2019/7/1...-antonio-spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get this loser out of here ASAP. Addition by subtraction. Less of a leader than Kawhi was with the Spurs. I can’t stand Jabari but hopefully he’s right.
    LMA hates Jabari. I wouldn’t believe this at all.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    truu, he should be traded after kawhi trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’ll play out the next two years of his contract and then return to the Blazers when he’s past his prime for his farewell tour. I don’t see any problem with that.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’ll play out the next two years of his contract and then return to the Blazers when he’s past his prime for his farewell tour. I don’t see any problem with that.
    probably but we wont get any pieces for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Blazers, who likely wouldn’t mind acquiring another high-quality big man, have multiple large expiring contracts this coming season that could be used in trade, if San Antonio decides it’s time to change the direction of their team. Hassan Whiteside is making $27.1 million, and Kent Bazemore will earn just over $19 million.

Am I reading that right? He's speculating that the Spurs might trade LMA for Whiteside or Bazemore? Could they at least throw in Anthony Tolliver as a kicker?

I can see why Portland would want that. They would have gone further in the playoffs if Nurkic hadn't gone down late, and Aldridge would make them better even before Nurkic returns in February. But what the would the Spurs get? A late draft pick? Nassir Little? Nah? The Spurs would ask, and the Blazers would say no, and that would be it. (Not that Little would transform the Spurs.) This rumor is so crappy, it's probably true.

Seems more likely.

Thread Information