Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao. "he's my favorite player of all time". Nice touch

Yeah, I liked that too. "You can trust me, because he's my favorite player ever. In fact, I like him BECAUSE he sucks. That's how I roll."

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus you're a really poster. I thought your Poeltl> Adams and Walker> Brogdon takes were embarrassing. ..

Before this stint in New Orleans, he was only getting garbage time minutes (314 minutes in 3 years). Good job leaving that out though, dumbass. I'm sure no one fell for it.
    LMAO. Yes, there's a guy who was capable of putting up 18 and 8 consistently in the NBA, but his team would only give him garbage minutes because... well, because NBA teams don't like guys who put up 18 and 8 consistently. They would rather play Brooke Lopez who puts up 13 and 5 because... well, because he has a Hispanic last name. Yeah, that's it. That's why they signed Gasol - because he really IS Spanish. Because they want a token Hispanic, but not one that looks TOO good.

Wood put up some pretty gaudy numbers in the G-League, but there's usually a reason why a G-League guy can only get garbage time on an NBA squad. He's had three good games in the NBA. Three. And no amount of temper tantrum by you is going to change that. If he can keep it up for a season, come back and say you liked him first. Maybe he'll give you that reach-around you've been dreaming about.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO. Yes, there's a guy who was capable of putting up 18 and 8 consistently in the NBA, but his team would only give him garbage minutes because... well, because NBA teams don't like guys who put up 18 and 8 consistently. They would rather play Brooke Lopez who puts up 13 and 5 because... well, because he has a Hispanic last name. Yeah, that's it. That's why they signed Gasol - because he really IS Spanish. Because they want a token Hispanic, but not one that looks TOO good.

Wood put up some pretty gaudy numbers in the G-League, but there's usually a reason why a G-League guy can only get garbage time on an NBA squad. He's had three good games in the NBA. Three. And no amount of temper tantrum by you is going to change that. If he can keep it up for a season, come back and say you liked him first. Maybe he'll give you that reach-around you've been dreaming about.
    You think the Spurs lost to the Kings on purpose I don't care what vanilla reddit fans have to say. Don't quote me again.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    DMo can play in the NBA, he was the best post defender the Rockets had his last year in Houston.

He moves well without the ball, passes it well, is the prototypical new big man in the NBA - a skilled post and 3pt shooter.

He is a rotation level NBA player, and possibly a starter for the right team.

I have a su ion that the poster named Donatas Monte.... is actually BBallaholic a noted DMo hater.....and blow hard.

DD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think the Spurs lost to the Kings on purpose I don't care what vanilla reddit fans have to say. Don't quote me again.
    Aaaaaaand ZMJ moves rent free into ToyBoat's head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aaaaaaand ZMJ moves rent free into ToyBoat's head.
    Why didn't your got ass reply to me calling your take out? stayed away from this thread like the plague

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy will play in three regular season games. Probably like 5 minutes in each game. And he won't get in a playoff game unless the Spurs are up 20 or down 20 in the 4th quarter. He is playing in China next season. So why so much contention over a guy that will be here for an eye blink?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why didn't your got ass reply to me calling your take out? stayed away from this thread like the plague
    One less hit on your pinata ass.

My take was an opinion, and only time will prove or disprove it. Upside isn't NOW, dolt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One less hit on your pinata ass.

My take was an opinion, and only time will prove or disprove it. Upside isn't NOW, dolt.
    Saying something idiotic and then tucking the tiny pecker in between your legs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude get back on your meds pleaseeeeeee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of the ol' tuck and run...

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TGY can't be taken seriously given his vitriolic hatred against Manu - in the context of his overall contributions to the Spurs' organization.

I could concede that maybe the last few years Manu wasn't as great as 2005-2011, and that some criticism was warranted... But again, in the overall context of his contributions to the franchise TGY cannot even get himself to give credit where credit is due.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean Timmy's final postseason series? I think it was the game Timmy realized his wheels fell off. OKC is always THE or one of THE most athletic teams every year. Jakob is showing a lot of potential though. When he plays for small minutes he is a havoc because he can defend and offensive rebound really well as well as diving to the rim with more finesse than most. He is our modern day center. Adams is still a hybrid old school tough center vs today's Capela type ballerinas that can still defend the rim well.
    Are you really saying Poeltl is better/more fitting today's NBA than Adams? Like, for real?

I like Jakob, his offensive rebounding is really very good. But he is nowhere near Adam's quality. Upside: can Poeltl reach Adams level in two years? No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you really saying Poeltl is better/more fitting today's NBA than Adams? Like, for real?

I like Jakob, his offensive rebounding is really very good. But he is nowhere near Adam's quality. Upside: can Poeltl reach Adams level in two years? No.
    Look at Adams' first three years in the league, and get back to us about Poeltl's development curve.

Hint: He's never had the DReb% that Poeltl had this year (20.0) or the TotReb% that Poeltl had this year (17.1). He's never broken 16%. You people act like he's Shaq, or David Robinson. He's a lunch pail guy, a banger. There's nothing about his game that Poeltl can't match, given the minutes.

Per36, career:

Adams: 13p/9.9r
    Jakob: 12.2p/10.2r
    Last edited by exstatic; 04-02-2019 at 04:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per36

Has the audacity to on Wood for not putting up numbers in garbage time too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at Adams' first three years in the league, and get back to us about Poeltl's development curve.

Hint: He's never had the DReb% that Poeltl had this year (20.0) or the TotReb% that Poeltl had this year (17.1). He's never broken 16%. You people act like he's Shaq, or David Robinson. He's a lunch pail guy, a banger. There's nothing about his game that Poeltl can't match, given the minutes.

Per36, career:

In the first three years in the NBA:
    Starts: Poeltl 24 , Adams 167
    Minutes per game: Poeltl 16 , Adams 22

So, in his first three years Adams played 22 minutes per game, starting 73% of the games. Basically, he played almost all his minutes again starting centers. Scoring 6 pts/game
    Jakob played 16 minutes (27% less than Adams), starting 11% of the games. In other words, his stats are produced agains bench centers, if not in garbage time. Scoring 5.4 pts/game.

Team records in the same period:
    Poeltl 154 wins, 4-6 playoffs
    Adams 160 wins, 21-15 playoffs record (west...)

Enjoy the comparing development curves. I take Adams any day. As any GM in the league (and again, I like Jakob).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Per36, career:

Don't be fooled by Adams' paltry dreb%. He's no Bargnani. He's more like Aldridge, elite at boxing out and complicit with TMNT chasing triple doubles.

I agree with the larger point though . . . I said the same not long after the trade. I won't go so far as to say Poeltl will be better, but he'll at least be close, if not comparable. He's already closer to those thresholds than the perception is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be fooled by Adams' paltry dreb%. He's no Bargnani. He's more like Aldridge, elite at boxing out and complicit with TMNT chasing triple doubles.
    Actually,it's more about Westbrick's stat padding than just being elite at boxing out and not getting the rebound.

Adams in 2018: 5,1 ORPG 4.0 DRPG
    Adams in 2019: 4.9 ORPG 4.7 DRPG

Westbrook is steadily a moron since 2009.No further stats are needed to prove that he is a moron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coming to America!!!

Translated from Spanish by
    Get it San Antonio @spurs! Give it time to play! Donatas Motiejunas already flies to America! #Spurs #DonatasMotiejunas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not excited about this at all but it’s a nothing move you just hope the best for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this face taking a burro to america?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In his latest interview Motiejunas said he has not spoken with Pop. So yeah, 0mpg is a realistic possibility. He also said that he noticed when national team's head coach (who DMo has a public feud with) stopped following his social media and just recently started following him again. Remember when I said DMo is very emotional player? He is very sensitive, tracking people who are following him on social media and who aren't, even internet trolls don't do that....
    DMo had 1 good season with Rockets and 4000 pages long thread on Rockets forum. That should translate in 0-5 minutes with Spurs and about 40 pages in this thread. DMo touches our lives more than he touches the basketball. He's awesome, but not at basketball, at least not any more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank god well have his services those final 2-3 games

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TGY can't be taken seriously given his vitriolic hatred against Manu - in the context of his overall contributions to the Spurs' organization.

I could concede that maybe the last few years Manu wasn't as great as 2005-2011, and that some criticism was warranted... But again, in the overall context of his contributions to the franchise TGY cannot even get himself to give credit where credit is due.
    Now replace Manu with Tony and you have described the other half of ST.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a pointless signing.

Thread Information