Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2way players need to be converted to NBA contracts in order to play in playoffs DMo no system knowledge or big time playoff exp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he'll play a couple minutes instead of Cunningham you'll all be praising PATFO
    Can't be any worse, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Eubanks can't be on the playoff roster, D-Mo was signed to be an insurance filler 3rd big.

He won't break the rotation unless there's an injury to Yak or LMA. If he plays it will be in garbage time.

He's not moving any needle guys.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He did have minor back surgery and took a while to recover, but the Rox would not have offered him 30m if he failed a physical - that was some media mumbo jumbo the team used to explain to fans what happened.

I don't believe he failed any physical - New Jersey signed him - with some incentives to an offer sheet, the Rox matched - BUT did not match the incentives - thus making it much lower, but technically a match - the two sides agreed to rework the deal to get him closer to the original, but once they did that, the MATCHED deal was void, and New Jersey said he should come to them - this got nasty at that point, and the league voided the deal - and DMO sued the Rox and the league, from what I know DMO settled and has a non-disclosure with both - and got paid.

He then went to China - as other teams were wary - he has played 2 years there with ZERO issues and has been amazing - so the Spurs, being the forward thinking franchise that they are.....brought him in for a look - pretty much a free look at a possible 28 year old NBA level big.

I like DMo, wish he was a Rocket as him shooting wide open 3s from Harden and CP3 and bringing the other teams big to the perimeter opening up the lane is a contrast to Capela - but alas, water under the bridge.

I think he will do well for you.

DD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did have minor back surgery and took a while to recover, but the Rox would not have offered him 30m if he failed a physical - that was some media mumbo jumbo the team used to explain to fans what happened.

I don't believe he failed any physical - New Jersey signed him - with some incentives to an offer sheet, the Rox matched - BUT did not match the incentives - thus making it much lower, but technically a match - the two sides agreed to rework the deal to get him closer to the original, but once they did that, the MATCHED deal was void, and New Jersey said he should come to them - this got nasty at that point, and the league voided the deal - and DMO sued the Rox and the league, from what I know DMO settled and has a non-disclosure with both - and got paid.

He then went to China - as other teams were wary - he has played 2 years there with ZERO issues and has been amazing - so the Spurs, being the forward thinking franchise that they are.....brought him in for a look - pretty much a free look at a possible 28 year old NBA level big.

I like DMo, wish he was a Rocket as him shooting wide open 3s from Harden and CP3 and bringing the other teams big to the perimeter opening up the lane is a contrast to Capela - but alas, water under the bridge.

DD
    I hop
    Thanks for the info man. A lot of details I never knew. Very much appreciated. I hope DMO turns out to be a real asset and the Spurs are his entryway back into the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your welcome mate!
    i hope that other spurs fans will watch the video cause im from europe and i dont know where to post the video because i dont know a lot of spurs fans forums...
    Where in Europe are you from?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 wasted roster spots heading into this season...QPon, Dante, and Pau/DMo......

what a ing re ed summer, a PATFO that was shook to death by Kawhi/Dennis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a poor man's Nemanja Bjelica, but as cheap insurance I don't think it's a bad signing at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Eubanks can't be on the playoff roster, D-Mo was signed to be an insurance filler 3rd big.

He won't break the rotation unless there's an injury to Yak or LMA. If he plays it will be in garbage time.

He's not moving any needle guys.
    Eubanks could have been on the playoff roster. No idea why folks keep saying stuff like this. He could have just been signed to the big club like Quinn Cook was last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D'MO was a uva solid player in the NBA. Nothing spectacular & wasn't going to be THE factor in winning games but he's a great passer, decently athletic and has good footwork. China, he should be a keeper on any NBA team. Weird why he's not. Was it all about $$?

Nevermind. I just read DaDakota's post. That makes more sense to me than anything else. He's a borderline steal as a backup.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i liked him enough when he played for HOU that i wanted him to be a spur. long time ago though.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    he moves well in the highlight video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Haven't seen anything of what he's doing in China (not that anyone watches the CBA of course)

I had a Greek roommate in college and when I told him that Americans had an expression "it's all Greek to me," he laughed and said they had a similar expression in Greece, except it was "it's all Chinese to me."

The number of Chinese watching the CBA is pretty huge in China!

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DD

That's a pretty good explanation. You've always been solid on Rockets lore, so I'll buy it. Thanks for taking the time. I hope he's as good as you remember.

I know his 3P% dipped well down below .300 for a while. Did he get that back while in China? I could go look it up, but when I find a knowledgeable source, I figure I should listen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had a Greek roommate in college and when I told him that Americans had an expression "it's all Greek to me," he laughed and said they had a similar expression in Greece, except it was "it's all Chinese to me."

The number of Chinese watching the CBA is pretty huge in China!
    That is correct,when we have no idea what the language means it's "Chinese" to us.

But we do share the expression of swear words labelled as "French"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks could have been on the playoff roster. No idea why folks keep saying stuff like this. He could have just been signed to the big club like Quinn Cook was last year.
    Could have, but he wasn't. That's why folks like me said that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could have, but he wasn't. That's why folks like me said that.
    Doesn't make any sense. He could have been. You and the others keep saying he could not have been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think RC got on a bender and confused him with Tim Frazier. It happens.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is relatively no downside to this signing; he is way to skilled to not be in the nba. Good pick up
    Last edited by Atl Spur; 03-24-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's pretty bad news for Eubanks' future. As people have mentioned, he could have been converted to a vet min contract for the playoffs. The Spurs instead went with DMO as a retread. Converting Eubanks would have been a big plus for him - his 2 way salary is only 77250; becoming a vet min would have handed him another $200K or so (pro-rated from $838 464) this year alone. Normally, they are pretty generous with things (small money for an NBA team) like that... However, I am not clear if doing so would have made Eubanks guaranteed for next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's pretty bad news for Eubanks' future. As people have mentioned, he could have been converted to a vet min contract for the playoffs. The Spurs instead went with DMO as a retread. Converting Eubanks would have been a big plus for him - his 2 way salary is only 77250; becoming a vet min would have handed him another $200K or so (pro-rated from $838 464) this year alone. Normally, they are pretty generous with things (small money for an NBA team) like that... However, I am not clear if doing so would have made Eubanks guaranteed for next year.

really see nothing in eubanks tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't make any sense. He could have been. You and the others keep saying he could not have been.
    Not under current cir stances, is my guess as to why people say that. You would have to change the current paradigm, and now it’s too late for even that to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can burn a few minutes, but he’s really nothing but an undersized, old school center.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really see much either, but it does imply that neither does the PATFO (IMO).

Thread Information