Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Thanks Gronkers for the memories. Glad you didn't turn out like that punk Aaron Hernandez

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Brady's going to have to earn #7 bigtime ... he wouldn't have won this past playoffs without Gronk... those 2 big deep catches near the left corner deep inside the red zone, one against the Chiefs, one against the Rams, they probably don't win either game without that catch in both cases.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    The man destroyed his body for the team, nothing but respect.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Give me a break. He's one of the best TE ever but let's not pretend that he (or any other player) does this for "the team". He did it because he loves playing football and winning. Not to mention the money.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Give me a break. He's one of the best TE ever but let's not pretend that he (or any other player) does this for "the team". He did it because he loves playing football and winning. Not to mention the money.
    Settle down, s46, your opinion can exist too if you care that much about it.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Settle down, s46, your opinion can exist too if you care that much about it.
    Ah...the old "settle down".

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Brady's going to have to earn #7 bigtime ... he wouldn't have won this past playoffs without Gronk... those 2 big deep catches near the left corner deep inside the red zone, one against the Chiefs, one against the Rams, they probably don't win either game without that catch in both cases.
    You're the king of "if my aunt had a she'd be my uncle" hot takes.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You're the king of "if my aunt had a she'd be my uncle" hot takes.
    I am aware that they won the SB in 2016-17 without Gronk for the playoffs and got to the AFCCG in 2013-14 without him. BUT... they had better weapons those years, especially in '16-17 with Amendola, Mitc , & Bennett. '13 they were pretty crappy at tight end with the loss of both Hernandez and then Gronk. But they did have solid wideouts and prime Blount that year.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    that being said, I don't know why they don't just grab Hogan and Jordy Nelson, they both fit Brady's scheme and shouldn't be very expensive.

Patterson is gone, so Dorsett should fill the role of gadget 4th receiver just fine.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I am aware that they won the SB in 2016-17 without Gronk for the playoffs and got to the AFCCG in 2013-14 without him. BUT... they had better weapons those years, especially in '16-17 with Amendola, Mitc , & Bennett. '13 they were pretty crappy at tight end with the loss of both Hernandez and then Gronk. But they did have solid wideouts and prime Blount that year.
    Yeah that has nothing to do with what I said.

I wasn’t disagreeing with you, I was pointing out how unnecessary it is to say that a team would have lost if one of its best players wasn’t there.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah that has nothing to do with what I said.

I wasn’t disagreeing with you, I was pointing out how unnecessary it is to say that a team would have lost if one of its best players wasn’t there.
    But he wasn't unanimously one of their "best players" last year, not even by media standards. His stats certainly weren't up to stuff from before. But the fact he always draws the double and pretty much eliminates any Cover 2-ish plays from the other team's defensive playbook, makes him super invaluable. He's like Travis Kelce but less fast but more dominant on contested catches, plus he's a of a run blocker. He will be sorely missed.

What I'm saying is I still think the Patriots will be able to win pretty consistently without him, especially since their running game looks strong again. And who's really better than them in the AFC? Kansas City might lose Tyreek Hill and they already lost Hunt. Chargers are perennial chokers. The rest of the East is still bad. The Browns are incredibly talented but too raw and young, probably a year away. The Steelers are done, probably the Ravens too with their losses on defense. The Colts are the only team I can think of, honestly. The rest of the AFC South are chokers.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    But the fact he always draws the double and pretty much eliminates any Cover 2-ish plays from the other team's defensive playbook, makes him super invaluable.
    A guy who commands double coverage and can't be guarded with cover 2 is invaluable? You don't say!

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    A guy who commands double coverage and can't be guarded with cover 2 is invaluable? You don't say!
    Andy just parrots things he sees in headlines, tbh

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Andy just parrots things he sees in headlines, tbh
    And then he takes those things and tries to sound smart.

”I hear Gronk is pretty good, time for a hot take about how the Patriots would be worse without him”

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Gronk is basically the Chris Mullins of the Pats.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    And then he takes those things and tries to sound smart.

”I hear Gronk is pretty good, time for a hot take about how the Patriots would be worse without him”
    he's been trying to fit in by piggybacking any team that could potentially win the superbowl

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    he's been trying to fit in by piggybacking any team that could potentially win the superbowl
    As it stands, I think 2019 in the AFC is the Patriots' to lose for one more year. All the other real elite surefire contenders are in the NFC.

Teams like the Browns and possibly Colts are one year away from a serious SB run.
    Much of the old guard (Steelers/Ravens) are back to rebuilding.
    Texans are their usual average to slightly above average selves.
    Chargers are talented a-f but you can't take a team with that bad of a coach seriously.
    As great as Patrick Mahomes is, losing both the bell cow AND the best pure "Z" receiver since early career DeSean Jackson, is just too much to handle.
    The rest of the AFC East is rebuilding (familiar?), so the Pats should go 5-1 or 6-0 in the division.

I predict 12-4 and another SB appearance, with 2 of their regular season losses to the NFC East (Eagles/Cowboys), one random away division game, and another random game somewhere else.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    As it stands, I think 2019 in the AFC is the Patriots' to lose for one more year. All the other real elite surefire contenders are in the NFC.

Teams like the Browns and possibly Colts are one year away from a serious SB run.
    Much of the old guard (Steelers/Ravens) are back to rebuilding.
    Texans are their usual average to slightly above average selves.
    Chargers are talented a-f but you can't take a team with that bad of a coach seriously.
    As great as Patrick Mahomes is, losing both the bell cow AND the best pure "Z" receiver since early career DeSean Jackson, is just too much to handle.
    The rest of the AFC East is rebuilding (familiar?), so the Pats should go 5-1 or 6-0 in the division.

I predict 12-4 and another SB appearance, with 2 of their regular season losses to the NFC East (Eagles/Cowboys), one random away division game, and another random game somewhere else.
    I don't really care for your ESPN takes, Andy

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Someone send BelliGOAT college tape of David Morgan II, imho.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Someone send BelliGOAT college tape of David Morgan II, imho.
    he's on the vikings and is a massive scrub

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    he's on the vikings and is a massive scrub
    Yeah but those re s underutilize him so badly. He's an elite blocker at the NFL level, and they already have that got Rudolph, so they treat him like he's only a blocking TE. He was an amazing pass-catching TE in college.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah but those re s underutilize him so badly. He's an elite blocker at the NFL level, and they already have that got Rudolph, so they treat him like he's only a blocking TE. He was an amazing pass-catching TE in college.
    do you like him as much as you liked manziel tbh?

Thread Information