Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have a classroom teacher say "one nation under Allah" and there'll be a evangelist snowstorm
    one nation under allah is not in the pledge of allegiance. and you could argue that the pledge of allegiance lacks very much historical importance, and i'd probably agree with you. it was only written in the 1940's and "under god" was specifically added in the '50's... so its not some centuries old tradition that we have to adhere to. but its been congressional adopted as the pledge. its root purpose is secular. if you want to challenge the "under god" part, you should be challenging congress's acceptance of "under god" as part of the pledge, not schools for having kids recite it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed. I couldn't think of a more profound waste of time than suing over this https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.csm...n-Santa-Monica
    Agreed. Stupid and unnecessary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have a classroom teacher say "one nation under Allah" and there'll be a evangelist snowstorm
    Blake hates the forefathers. Blake can't wait to bend over for Islam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake hates the forefathers. Blake can't wait to bend over for Islam.
    what does that have to do with forefathers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I read is he said/she said. This guy named Hale claimed the Mosque was preaching, while the Mosque official said they don't invite people to pray, but don't prevent them if they want to. In any event, if Christian parents let their child become converted after a field trip, then they're obviously failing to instill Christianity in that child.
    You're being obtuse and disingenuous here, and that's fine. I'm used to it. If you read the article you will see exactly why the "snowflake" parents were complaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THE SCIENCE ISN'T SETTLED WE HAVE TO TEACH THE CONTROVERSY
    WHAT'S NEXT? US REPRESENTATIVES TAKING AN OATH ON THE QURAN?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're being obtuse and disingenuous here, and that's fine. I'm used to it. If you read the article you will see exactly why the "snowflake" parents were complaining.
    I read the article. I didn't see any attempted "convertings" here. Funny enough, still the same God. They didn't pray to Muhammad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHAT'S NEXT? US REPRESENTATIVES TAKING AN OATH ON THE QURAN?
    fundamentalist muslims would probably be on board with taking evolution out of the classroom.

could be an unlikely ally for team qhris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read the article. I didn't see any attempted "convertings" here. Funny enough, still the same God. They didn't pray to Muhammad.
    prepare to be surprised

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same God. But yes, evangelicals are similarly triggered by inconsequential slights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same God. But yes, evangelicals are similarly triggered by inconsequential slights.
    not according to qhris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Massachusetts school district has apologized to parents after a group of schoolchildren participated in midday Muslim prayers during a field trip to a Boston-area mosque.

The incident occurred in May when a social studies class from Wellesley Middle School toured the Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center, one of the largest mosques in the Northeast.

Parents were told their children would be learning about the architecture of a mosque and they would be allowed to observe a prayer service. But the students wound up being given a lecture on the Prophet Muhammad, and some boys participated in a midday prayer service.

The field trip was videotaped by a parent whose child was on the trip. At one point, the video shows a spokeswoman for the mosque telling students, “You have to believe in Allah, and Allah is the one God, the only one worthy of worship, all forgiving, all merciful."

Attorney Rob Meltzer represents the parent, who asked not to be identified. He’s launched an investigation into the incident and says he may consider filing a lawsuit or complaint against the school district.

“Personally, I was appalled,” Meltzer told FOX News Radio. “We are obviously very concerned about how much control parents were given and the lack of informed consent.”

The sixth graders were also reportedly told that jihad is a personal spiritual struggle that has nothing to do with holy war, and girls on the field trip were told that Islam is pro-women.

“Islam was actually very advanced in terms of recognizing women’s rights,” an unidentified mosque spokeswoman says in the video. “At the time of the Prophet Muhammad, women were allowed to express their opinions and vote. In this country, women didn’t gain that right until less than a hundred years ago.”

Dennis Hale, a spokesman for Americans for Peace and Tolerance, which has been critical of the mosque, told Fox News Radio that the students were then instructed on how to pray during the midday service.

He said mosque officials separated the group by gender and invited male students to join traditional Muslim prayers. The video shows young boys bowing and prostrating themselves – with their heads touching the floor. At no point during the event did any school teacher or school official intervene.

But the Muslim American Society of Boston told the Boston Globe that no one asked the students to participate in the prayers.

“Certainly in our tours we do not invite kids to take part, but if someone wants to come and pray and take part, we shouldn’t prevent them,” the group's president, Bilal Kaleem, told the newspaper. “It’s more an issue with the school.”

But Hale says the mosque was engaged in proselytizing. “You can easily imagine what would have happened if a Catholic priest had taken some kids from a school to teach them about Catholicism and have them take communion without telling the parents,” he told Fox News Radio. “The furor would be visible from outer space.”

proselytize (prŏsˈə-lĭ-tīzˌ)►
    v. To induce someone to convert to one's own religious faith.
    v. To induce someone to join one's own political party or to espouse one's doctrine.
    v. To convert (a person) from one belief, doctrine, cause, or faith to another.

Want to try again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the same God and you ducked out of the other thread when I gave you a history lesson. You're just another troll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fundamentalist muslims would probably be on board with taking evolution out of the classroom.

could be an unlikely ally for team qhris
    my indoctrination >>>>>> your indoctrination though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    proselytize (prŏsˈə-lĭ-tīzˌ)►
    v. To induce someone to convert to one's own religious faith.
    v. To induce someone to join one's own political party or to espouse one's doctrine.
    v. To convert (a person) from one belief, doctrine, cause, or faith to another.

Want to try again?
    And who claimed the mosque was proselytizing? This Hale guy, who obviously has a dog in the fight. The mosque official claimed otherwise. Like I said. He said/she said.

And no, the video of the woman leading the kids through prayer doesn't count because, according to the mosque official, the kids volunteered to pray. So once again, back to he said/she said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And who claimed the mosque was proselytizing? This Hale guy, who obviously has a dog in the fight. The mosque official claimed otherwise. Like I said. He said/she said.

And no, the video of the woman leading the kids through prayer doesn't count because, according to the mosque official, the kids volunteered to pray. So once again, back to he said/she said.
    This is not he said/she said hearsay. We have actual video evidence and a parent who witnessed everything. You're being disingenuous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    besides, the world proselytize was not quoted to hale. that was the word of the author. his quote never said the kids were forced to or instructed to engage in the prayer either. he's just upset that it happened without parents being told

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is not he said/she said hearsay. We have actual video evidence and a parent who witnessed everything. You're being disingenuous.
    the video evidence shows the group praying. you have a parent saying the group prayed. there is no video showing them telling the kids they must participate in a group prayer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the same God and you ducked out of the other thread when I gave you a history lesson. You're just another troll.
    Same God. I ignored your "history lesson," because it was conspiracy theory tripe. Illuminati

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you are. Also, if the mosque "forced" the kids to pray why didn't this parent speak up to stop it? Sounds like it was a volunteer action, meaning no indoctrination.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are 5 references to Bible God in the Declaration of Independence. Good to learn your history
    Lol "Bible history"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one nation under allah is not in the pledge of allegiance. and you could argue that the pledge of allegiance lacks very much historical importance, and i'd probably agree with you. it was only written in the 1940's and "under god" was specifically added in the '50's... so its not some centuries old tradition that we have to adhere to. but its been congressional adopted as the pledge. its root purpose is secular. if you want to challenge the "under god" part, you should be challenging congress's acceptance of "under god" as part of the pledge, not schools for having kids recite it
    Yes I would argue that, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol "Bible history"
    Good enough for your "kid(s)." Private Christian schools right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good enough for your "kid(s)." Private Christian schools right?
    Chris, don't you have a problem with Trump being a billionaire/capitalist? That means he has an allegiance to mammon. "Mammon" in the US is obviously symbolized by our currency. What symbols are hidden in our currency? Hmm. Looks like the star of Remphan.

http://scripturetruthministries.com/...ar-of-remphan/

We know Trump is a huge Israel supporter. And as your history lesson taught me, modern Jews worship Remphan, which is another name for Moloch, as implied in Acts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed. I couldn't think of a more profound waste of time than suing over this https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.csm...n-Santa-Monica
    The dude set up pastafarian stuff next to baby Jesus in a public park to troll the Christians. I can think of worse ways to spend time

Thread Information