Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Translation: "let them eat cake" Holy balls, talk about some tone deaf .
    Ivanka Trump has a message for all you unemployed poor people:

"Find something new."

This is not satire.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Presidential adviser Ivanka Trump on Tuesday unveiled a White House-backed national ad campaign highlighting alternative ways to start a career, an initiative targeting students, mid-career workers and the millions of people who are now unemployed because of the coronavirus.

Called “Find Something New,” the campaign is backed by Apple Inc. and IBM Corp. ...

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...d-15406102.php

So the daughter of some rich guy who was given vast amounts of money by HIS father has a message for the plebs.

"suck it up and find a job, you lazy deadbeats, my dad needs to be reelected, so I can keep the job he gave me"

right off, you spoiled rich assholes.

Wow, just wow.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Talk about putting words in her mouth. How did you formulate that 25 word response from just "Find something new".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    airhead bimbo pimping Mexican beans?

airhead bag papa Trash pimping the entire Mexican food line?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey I've heard shadow puppets on a Saturday night during the pandemic are fun!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talk about putting words in her mouth. How did you formulate that 25 word response from just "Find something new".
    For real.

“Now as a result of COVID, people need to, unfortunately, in some cases, learn a completely new skill,” Ivanka Trump said, referring to COVID-19, the disease the virus causes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So the daughter of some rich guy who was given vast amounts of money by HIS father has a message for the plebs.

"suck it up and find a job, you lazy deadbeats, my dad needs to be reelected, so I can keep the job he gave me"

Wow, just wow.
    How is this "let them eat cake"? What's your proposal for people who's jobs have been shut down by COVID?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is this "let them eat cake"? What's your proposal for people who's jobs have been shut down by COVID?
    They should open a lemonade stand and then "persuade" their servants to buy it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Find something new."

This is not satire.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Presidential adviser Ivanka Trump on Tuesday unveiled a White House-backed national ad campaign highlighting alternative ways to start a career, an initiative targeting students, mid-career workers and the millions of people who are now unemployed because of the coronavirus.

Called “Find Something New,” the campaign is backed by Apple Inc. and IBM Corp. ...

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...d-15406102.php

Wow, just wow.
    I think I understand what you're ing about in principle, but what do you expect anybody to do, give everybody a ing job? You guys are looking for pla udes and that's what you offer. It doesn't do to put food on the table or a roof over anyone's head. It's just bul words in the safety of your bedroom. This isn't for you Blake, we know how safe your bedroom is.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it shows a complete lack of understanding in how hard it is to actually find a job. Nobody is giving a 35 year old with two kids a job in a new field for then over a candidate with anything resembling experience

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it shows a complete lack of understanding in how hard it is to actually find a job. Nobody is giving a 35 year old with two kids a job in a new field for then over a candidate with anything resembling experience
    I'd like to add especially in the middle of a ing recession

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Find something new at the ripe young age of 55.

Dont know why there are people defending this here. Oh yeah it's coming from the know it all Trumps so you have to get your shields up.

Hillary and Biden got eaten alive when they told miners to go learn to code but this princess gets a pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Find something new at the ripe young age of 55.

Dont know why there are people defending this here. Oh yeah it's coming from the know it all Trumps so you have to get your shields up.

Hillary and Biden got eaten alive when they told miners to go learn to code but this princess gets a pass.
    It also shows a complete lack of knowledge on how the "coding" industry works. Entry level coders get paid , if their jobs don't get outsourced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tone.
    Deaf.

To have a wealthy nepotism hire roll this one out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to add especially in the middle of a ing recession
    There is that small detail.

"everything will be better if you just find something new" .... If I ever hear any er about "hopey changey" again...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Presidential adviser" That's code for "let's invent a le so that my daddy can justify giving me tax payers money".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you want her to say? It's the same advice I'd give someone. Do your best to figure out something else. I have three friends that had to find something else. Two are at Amazon. The other is trying to get his insurance license.
    Maybe it sounds harsh, "find something new". But that's reality. Yes it is a recession and it's tough as . But I don't know what else there is to do. "oh...just hang around your house and hope something comes up".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tone.
    Deaf.

To have a wealthy nepotism hire roll this one out.
    Again, she's giving good advice. What's your advice? And as good as your advice is, what platform are you going to give it from?
    What would your rather her say? I'm pretty sure if she remained silent, you'd have a problem with that as well.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    It also shows a complete lack of knowledge on how the "coding" industry works. Entry level coders get paid , if their jobs don't get outsourced.
    Importing Indian coders certainly doesn't help

I know individuals in their mid to late 30s whom are trying to break into the field. Fortunately many don't yet have children and/or crippling death. But those are personal choices.

Fact remains it is incredibly easy to change careers in America compared to most the World. Heck arguably best spot on planet. I don't see any Americans having to stress over visas or foreign languages.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you want her to say? It's the same advice I'd give someone. Do your best to figure out something else. I have three friends that had to find something else. Two are at Amazon. The other is trying to get his insurance license.
    Maybe it sounds harsh, "find something new". But that's reality. Yes it is a recession and it's tough as . But I don't know what else there is to do. "oh...just hang around your house and hope something comes up".
    A more accurate slogan would be "find anything whatsoever you ing peon"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what's the answer? Don't do anything?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shutting the up would be a great start.

She's not in a position to tell anyone to get something new given where she's at right now. A multi millionaire lady telling the poor and unemployed to go job hunting on a non existent economy environment.

The apple certainly didn't fall far from daddy's tree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A more accurate slogan would be "find anything whatsoever you ing peon"
    That's solid advice. And it's advice I would take if I lost my job. I'd have no qualms about working at Amazon or getting on at Dollar General as long as I was able to cash a check.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

She's not in a position to tell anyone to get something new given where she's at right now. A multi millionaire lady telling the poor and unemployed to go job hunting on a non existent economy environment.

LOL at this. Maybe you're different but I don't hear any liberals telling any of Hollywood to shut the up when they come out with advice. Pretty much any politician nowadays is at least a millionaire. So they're just supposed to sit on their hands?
    She's actually providing the best advice for someone that's lost their job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You sound bitter.

Thread Information