Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always schedule my return trips on a Monday or Tuesday because its cheaper.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Even if I flew from LAX to LGA I wouldn't have wasted money on airport food
    a non-stop flight between major hubs

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if I flew from LAX to LGA I wouldn't have wasted money on airport food
    So if you are for instance stuck in Denver for a while, you are saying there is no good place to eat?
    Because people do get stuck without the ability to find gumb from trash cans and eat it.
    Even Cliffbars get redundant.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if you are for instance stuck in Denver for a while, you are saying there is no good place to eat?
    Because people do get stuck without the ability to find gumb from trash cans and eat it.
    Even Cliffbars get redundant.
    Eat? Meh. I'm probably on the computer doing some extra stuff for work so I can have it easier later or strengthen my argument for more overtime hours. If I get hungry I just go drink some fountain water and get over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eat? Meh. I'm probably on the computer doing some extra stuff for work providing ty takes to Sprustalk so I can have it easier later or strengthen my argument for more overtime hours. If I get hungry I just go drink some fountain water and get over it.
    fify

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eat? Meh. I'm probably on the computer doing some extra stuff for work so I can have it easier later or strengthen my argument for more overtime hours. If I get hungry I just go drink some fountain water and get over it.
    Do you use HEB bags for suitcases?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Airports do generally have good Wifi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I use HEB bags when traveling between Dallas and SA (by car)

On the plane, I'm always group 9 so I get a ty middle seat every time and the only luggage allowed is a bag under the seat. So I usually bring a school-grade backpack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

On the plane, I'm always group 9 so I get a ty middle seat every time and the only luggage allowed is a bag under the seat. So I usually bring a school-grade backpack.
    LOL, you fly American.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sounds like you fly the only place that doesn't allow for a carry-on. You're a bad liar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, you fly American.
    My company partners with AA so I don't have a choice unless I want to pay OOP.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My company partners with AA so I don't have a choice unless I want to pay OOP.
    For someone who claims to make 6 figures, you're cheapness and high standards don't jibe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For someone who claims to make 6 figures, you're cheapness and high standards don't jibe.
    I do make six figures but it's low six figures and I've always been a compulsive saver since early childhood anyway. Except during the 2002-03 Yugioh card era, but that was kind of an outlier.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, THAT's showing Chick-Fil-A. 10x more profitable than any Popeye's location and needs only 6 business days a week.

Boots supports obesity and the "big pharma" profits that come with it because he's mad Chick Fil A is closed on Sundays. What a dip hypocrite.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, THAT's showing Chick-Fil-A. 10x more profitable than any Popeye's location and needs only 6 business days a week.

Boots supports obesity and the "big pharma" profits that come with it because he's mad Chick Fil A is closed on Sundays. What a dip hypocrite.
    Why so mad about this brah?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popeye's ing up the environment with their wasteful private jet flights.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B12KtH5n...ource=ig_embed

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Chick Fil A have decent biscuits? Ever since McDonalds copied their chicken sandwich and then threw that in a biscuit it has been my go to breakfast buy.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Chick Fil A have decent biscuits? Ever since McDonalds copied their chicken sandwich and then threw that in a biscuit it has been my go to breakfast buy.
    I like their breakfast they got some nugget biscuit bites if you want to see what it tastes like

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Group Sues City of San Antonio Under State’s New ‘Save Chick-fil-A’ Law

A group of five area religious and political activists are suing the City of San Antonio under the “Save Chick-fil-A” law signed by Gov. Greg Abbott in June.

The lawsuit alleges that the City of San Antonio illegally discriminated against Chick–fil–A when City Council removed the company from the City’s airport concessionaire contract.

The plaintiffs claims the City took the action because of the company’s charitable support of Christian organizations.

City Council’s vote in March
    to remove Chick-fil-A from the contract with concessionaire Paradies Lagardčre prompted the legislation, which prohibits “adverse action” by the government against individuals or businesses based on membership, support, or donations to religious groups.

discriminatory treatment of Chick-fil-A

https://therivardreport.com/group-sues-city-of-san-antonio-under-states-new-save-chick-fil-a-law/?utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_sour ce=newsletter-daily&utm_content=editorial&utm_term=govpolitics&u tm_source=Rivard+Report&utm_campaign=119cf6935c-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_12_21_07_19_COPY_01&utm_medium =email&utm_term=0_1576c62124-119cf6935c-84683437&mc_cid=119cf6935c&mc_eid=54a5432c74

CFA closed on peak airport travel day of Sunday

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ they should have said the closed on Sunday thing from the get go and left the religious thing out of it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA's decision wasn't "religious" or anti-religious, it was anti-discrimination since CFA is a Christian supremacist hate-driven Bible thumping owners who hate LGBT.

But CFA closed on peak travel day would have been a sufficient cover/pretext for SA.

Trash/Barr support Christian hate and have allowed govt contractors to fire LGBT employees

religion, all of them, and the fools lost in religious bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not against the gays but Chick Fil-A is superrr

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's Why the Lawsuit Over San Antonio's Refusal to Let Chick-fil-A Into the Airport Probably Won't Go Anywhere

being able to grab headlines and win a court case are two very different things —

and at least one legal scholar maintains that the odds are heavily stacked against the latter.

The problem with that, points out St. Mary's University Law Professor Michael Ariens, is that

the law passed after the city's decision, and

courts are almost never willing to retroactively apply statutes.

"I didn’t see any statement in the pe ion explaining why it is permissible for a court to apply retroactively the statute which serves as the basis for the plaintiffs’ claim," Ariens said,

"And I know the City of San Antonio will raise this as a defense, so I’m not sure what is going on."

Also likely dooming the suit is the
    concept of standing,

which requires plaintiffs to show they suffered damages, Ariens said.

To that end, the pe ion only explains that

the plaintiffs "use the San Antonio airport for travel and would patronize Chick-fil-A at the airport if it were allowed to operate there."

Yes. Really.

It's difficult to imagine any court considering an unmet craving for fried chicken — no matter how tasty — as a legitimate damage.

https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/archives/2019/09/11/heres-why-the-lawsuit-over-san-antonios-refusal-to-let-chick-fil-a-into-the-airport-probably-wont-go-anywhere
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-11-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Thread Information