Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I leave and y'all stat banning Chick Fil A because they're religious?

The Texas attorney general is investigating San Antonio for banning Chick-fil-A from its airport

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/29/polit...ion/index.html

"The Cons ution's protection of religious liberty is somehow even better than Chick-fil-A's chicken," Paxton wrote in a Thursday letter to the San Antonio mayor and city council. "Unfortunately, I have serious concerns that both are under assault at the San Antonio airport."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're part of the Christian Taliban. They are deliberately closed on Sundays so they can't serve doughy Lefitsts an early death warrant in the form of delish chicken products as part of their master plan.

It's true. Boutons swears it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Flyrite or however it's spelled is in the airports. Chick Fil-A could be a compe or so possibly an agreement was made.

Not being open on Sundays could be a problem as well (as mentioned). The airport venues are there to provide services to travelers, not just to make money for the businesses. I doubt a business would be banned because of their religious ownership.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paxton, one of hole TX's biggest turds.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-29-2019 at 12:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paxton, one hole TX's biggest turds.
    Stick to article posting. You come across as a moron when you try to narrate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You come across as a moron when you try to narrate.
    rich

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh a narrative with pictures

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    funny. Los Angeles, allegedly commie leftist as they come, has a Chick Fil A in LAX. Just flew through there a couple weeks ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Flyrite or however it's spelled is in the airports. Chick Fil-A could be a compe or so possibly an agreement was made.

Not being open on Sundays could be a problem as well (as mentioned). The airport venues are there to provide services to travelers, not just to make money for the businesses. I doubt a business would be banned because of their religious ownership.

That really is the whole of it. LOTS of lost revenue. As mentioned in the other thread, Sundays are super busy.

and isn’t it ironic? Alanis Morissette's Avatar
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    “banned”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    funny. Los Angeles, allegedly commie leftist as they come, has a Chick Fil A in LAX. Just flew through there a couple weeks ago.
    ramping down the fascism

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That really is the whole of it. LOTS of lost revenue. As mentioned in the other thread, Sundays are super busy.
    Correct. Why lose 1/7 of commissions?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct. Why lose 1/7 of commissions?
    I think that's too simplistic of a way to look at it.

How many of hungry travelers will just go to another restaurant? They're likely losing much less than 1/7. It also depends if the commission structure it the same for every restaurant. Does Chick Fil A demand more for them selves?
    Also, is Chick Fil A so good that it draws a large number of people to eat when they wouldn't have otherwise? In that case, maybe it's an acceptable trade off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that's too simplistic of a way to look at it.

How many of hungry travelers will just go to another restaurant? They're likely losing much less than 1/7. It also depends if the commission structure it the same for every restaurant. Does Chick Fil A demand more for them selves?
    Also, is Chick Fil A so good that it draws a large number of people to eat when they wouldn't have otherwise? In that case, maybe it's an acceptable trade off.
    Chick Fil-A makes an excellent chicken sandwich, but it's nothing special that can't be made anywhere else or at home. It's just a real breast-meat chicken patty fried in egg batter. The only reason Chick Fil-A can charge a pretty penny for their sandwiches and close all Sundays and stay near the top of their industry is that their compe ors always try to cut corners by using the worst cuts of chicken mixed with potato starch and processed junk, so the sandwich doesn't taste as good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chick Fil-A makes an excellent chicken sandwich, but it's nothing special that can't be made anywhere else or at home. It's just a real breast-meat chicken patty fried in egg batter. The only reason Chick Fil-A can charge a pretty penny for their sandwiches and close all Sundays and stay near the top of their industry is that their compe ors always try to cut corners by using the worst cuts of chicken mixed with potato starch and processed junk, so the sandwich doesn't taste as good.
    You just said that Chick-Fil-A is nothing special but then went on to list reasons why they're at the top of their industry.
    I see lines at the CFA drive through packed almost all day long. Not just lunch hours.
    Regardless of how un-special it is, there are a lot of people that believe otherwise and are willing to wait 20 minutes for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just said that Chick-Fil-A is nothing special but then went on to list reasons why they're at the top of their industry.
    I see lines at the CFA drive through packed almost all day long. Not just lunch hours.
    Regardless of how un-special it is, there are a lot of people that believe otherwise and are willing to wait 20 minutes for it.
    It's not special in terms of the fact that it can be made equally well or better at home or at another restaurant. It's not necessarily hard to replicate nor is it a case of a unique blend of seasonings (see: Arby's sauce, Firehouse's Datil Pepper sauce) that would be almost impossible to replicate from home.

However, people wait in line and s out big dough at Chick Fil-A because 97% of the other fast food chains choose to serve a subpar product.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not special in terms of the fact that it can be made equally well or better at home or at another restaurant. It's not necessarily hard to replicate nor is it a case of a unique blend of seasonings (see: Arby's sauce, Firehouse's Datil Pepper sauce) that would be almost impossible to replicate from home.

However, people wait in line and s out big dough at Chick Fil-A because 97% of the other fast food chains choose to serve a subpar product.
    The fact you can make something similar at home has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion or the economics of it being in the airport.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Making something at home is a LOT different than making it on a mass scale all over the country (keeping the same quality). Didn't Blasio/NY (iirc) call for a ban on Chick-Fil-A and couldn't overcome the demand for/stop it?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BigFood has 1000s of scientists engineering their so-called food to be addictive, and it is, they don't ing care, pathogenic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

97% cannot be "subpar".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    97% cannot be "subpar".
    That's a rough guess, but if you consider...

McDonalds
    Burger King
    Whataburger
    Sonic
    Wendy's
    Raising Cane's
    Church's
    Popeye's
    Layne's
    Arby's

all have chicken sandwiches that taste like compared to Chick Fil-A, I think you know what I mean.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a rough guess, but if you consider...

McDonalds
    Burger King
    Whataburger
    Sonic
    Wendy's
    Raising Cane's
    Church's
    Popeye's
    Layne's
    Arby's

all have chicken sandwiches that taste like compared to Chick Fil-A, I think you know what I mean.
    X2

And I could give a about their religious affiliations. And their salads are great too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And 10 cars in line at whataburger takes 20 minutes and 5 minutes at chick fil a.

Thread Information