Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seems like it's been proven to be beneficial with epileptics. But it's being touted as beneficial for tons of issues.
    Talking about CBD oil and not straight hemp oil.

I bought a small bottle and tried it because I had several people confirm it gave them a mild chill feeling for a few hours.
    Which it did for me as well for the first couple of times. After that, nothing noticeable. I read that you quikcly build up a tolerance as to that aspect of it.
    Supposedly, it does help your overall mental being if youcontinue to take it. Same with all the other stuff it's supposed to help with. Joint pain, digestion, whatever.
    But at $75 per small ass bottle, I'm not going to be doing this.

Seems like it's just the latest hot thing in natural medicine.

Anyone been on this for any length of time?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    I was just having this discussion with my sister. Our grandmother has cancer and brought up taking CBD oil or even edibles as a treatment option. Yes it is pricey but we're willing to try.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was just having this discussion with my sister. Our grandmother has cancer and brought up taking CBD oil or even edibles as a treatment option. Yes it is pricey but we're willing to try.
    Sorry to hear that. Seems like the edibles might be more beneficial as they'd help with the appe e and pain more than the oil. I think anyway.

Have you looked into high doses of tumeric?

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I bought a small bottle and tried it because I had several people confirm it gave them a mild chill feeling for a few hours.
    Bend over, I'll show you a mild chill feeling for a few hours.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Sorry to hear that. Seems like the edibles might be more beneficial as they'd help with the appe e and pain more than the oil. I think anyway.

Have you looked into high doses of tumeric?
    Only hard part about edibles is ordering/smuggling them through. I don't do that hoodrat stuff anymore so I'll have to shop around.

I haven't looked into tumeric but I did see recipes for tumeric balls on my Pinterest.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Only hard part about edibles is ordering/smuggling them through. I don't do that hoodrat stuff anymore so I'll have to shop around.

I haven't looked into tumeric but I did see recipes for tumeric balls on my Pinterest.
    Turmeric seems to be the real deal. There is a bigpharma (can't remember which one) that is now putting turmeric (or some derivative of it) in one of their cancer medications.
    One of the important factors in taking turmeric (or cur en) is it's bioavailabllty. If you look into it, you'll come across all of that stuff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    For pain control purposes or appe e stimulant? There's a prescription drug called Marinol which is made from THC, it's given to stimulate appe e, decrease nausea, etc especially in cancer patients. Might be worth asking her doc about if she hasn't tried it already because at least then it should be covered by insurance.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    For pain control purposes or appe e stimulant? There's a prescription drug called Marinol which is made from THC, it's given to stimulate appe e, decrease nausea, etc especially in cancer patients. Might be worth asking her doc about if she hasn't tried it already because at least then it should be covered by insurance.
    Appe e stimulant right now. Thanks for the info.

Turmeric seems to be the real deal. There is a bigpharma (can't remember which one) that is now putting turmeric (or some derivative of it) in one of their cancer medications.
    One of the important factors in taking turmeric (or cur en) is it's bioavailabllty. If you look into it, you'll come across all of that stuff.
    Appreciate it

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    cancer

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cancer is ing bull .. I feel like I'm on the clock until I get my diagnosis. Every other day somebody is being diagnosed or coming forward with the diagnosis.. Then you get pieces of like my cousin who gets bone cancer, beats it, but couldn't give a less about his new lease on life and increases his intake of meth and heroin

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cancer is ing bull .. I feel like I'm on the clock until I get my diagnosis. Every other day somebody is being diagnosed or coming forward with the diagnosis.. Then you get pieces of like my cousin who gets bone cancer, beats it, but couldn't give a less about his new lease on life and increases his intake of meth and heroin
    Bone cancer got my mother before Game 7 of the 13 Finals. Her brother passed away of the same two months later. Wasnt even detected when she had obvious symptoms a few years prior when she had tests done. She woke up one morning and put her leg down to get out of bed and her leg snapped in half. Her bones were basically hollow. ty disease.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bone cancer got my mother before Game 7 of the 13 Finals. Her brother passed away of the same two months later. Wasnt even detected when she had obvious symptoms a few years prior when she had tests done. She woke up one morning and put her leg down to get out of bed and her leg snapped in half. Her bones were basically hollow. ty disease.
    Yeah, I believe osteo sarcoma is the official name of what my cousin had.. Thankfully he is really the first in my immediate family that has dealt w/ cancer. He started off w/ pain in the hip area that wouldn't go away.. it eventually got worse, he developed a limp, and the pain became unbearable for him.. Because he is an addict, and has a bunch of re ed tattoos on his face and , every single time he went to the doctor they would try to dismiss him immediately as a pain killer addict.. finally a doctor in Brownsville heard him out long enough and diagnosed him w/ cancer.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, I believe osteo sarcoma is the official name of what my cousin had.. Thankfully he is really the first in my immediate family that has dealt w/ cancer. He started off w/ pain in the hip area that wouldn't go away.. it eventually got worse, he developed a limp, and the pain became unbearable for him.. Because he is an addict, and has a bunch of re ed tattoos on his face and , every single time he went to the doctor they would try to dismiss him immediately as a pain killer addict.. finally a doctor in Brownsville heard him out long enough and diagnosed him w/ cancer.
    They put you on pain meds that just make the patient incoherrent and as they near the end of their roads, it's really hard to tell if it's the meds or just their bodies and minds shutting down. My mom and my father in law were both hard to communicate in their last weeks and they became very, very incoherrent most of the times they were awake. Awful way to spend the last days of a loved ones life not being able to communicate fully but if it means they suffer as little as possible while they're here, I totally understand.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They put you on pain meds that just make the patient incoherrent and as they near the end of their roads, it's really hard to tell if it's the meds or just their bodies and minds shutting down. My mom and my father in law were both hard to communicate in their last weeks and they became very, very incoherrent most of the times they were awake. Awful way to spend the last days of a loved ones life not being able to communicate fully but if it means they suffer as little as possible while they're here, I totally understand.
    Yeah that sucks.. Further reminder of why it's so important to value your people while they're here and healthy, because you never know what tomorrow may bring..

My dad called me on my b-day (4 days before his) and was in seemingly good spirits.. I stupidly told him that I would just wait to see him that weekend to celebrate his and my birthday.. That weekend I received a call from his phone and I cheerfully answered ready to confirm the time I'd be heading to his house.. but it was his GF calling to tell me he had just spent his birthday dealing with a massive heart attack and was being airlifted to SA for emergency surgery.. I rushed to the hospital to see him but missed him by 5 minutes. He never regained consciousness, and needless to say I learned a hard lesson that week about taking things for granted.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seems like it's been proven to be beneficial with epileptics. But it's being touted as beneficial for tons of issues.
    Talking about CBD oil and not straight hemp oil.

Which it did for me as well for the first couple of times. After that, nothing noticeable. I read that you quikcly build up a tolerance as to that aspect of it.
    Supposedly, it does help your overall mental being if youcontinue to take it. Same with all the other stuff it's supposed to help with. Joint pain, digestion, whatever.
    But at $75 per small ass bottle, I'm not going to be doing this.

Seems like it's just the latest hot thing in natural medicine.

Anyone been on this for any length of time?
    anything with .03 thc is nothing more than snake oil imo. it's all about the synergistic effect of cbd&thc combined.

when my grandfather was close to the end we tried edibles and i made them mild, had him take not even a qtr of a small cookie a day, and within 4 days he was off 3-4 different pain meds until he ended up in rehab for his bad knee and then passed away a couple weeks later. there's way more to this story and he was very sick and we weren't able to really experiment until he was already so far gone which was a pity. the rehab put him back on all his meds(even some he hadn't taken in over a yr) and i believe that combination ended his life a bit sooner than later. he was totally off all pain meds for 2-3 wks and claimed he felt great & not high.

yall might not like me so much but yall would've loved my grandfather. he was a very smart man with a ton of info to divulge about the beginnings of computing seeing how he was an electrical engineer with ibm during the 60s-70s. he told me some crazy stuff and i miss him dearly.

marinol isn't made from thc. it is a synthetic cannabinoid and is touted as stimulating your appe e of which it never did for my grandfather; his claim not mine.

btw, we tried tons of cbd oil from planetK and when we got no good results or any at all over the course of a couple weeks we went the edible route with my grandfather. planetK sells bunk industrial hemp cbd oil in vials for $50 which is worthless!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah that sucks.. Further reminder of why it's so important to value your people while they're here and healthy, because you never know what tomorrow may bring..

My dad called me on my b-day (4 days before his) and was in seemingly good spirits.. I stupidly told him that I would just wait to see him that weekend to celebrate his and my birthday.. That weekend I received a call from his phone and I cheerfully answered ready to confirm the time I'd be heading to his house.. but it was his GF calling to tell me he had just spent his birthday dealing with a massive heart attack and was being airlifted to SA for emergency surgery.. I rushed to the hospital to see him but missed him by 5 minutes. He never regained consciousness, and needless to say I learned a hard lesson that week about taking things for granted.
    dude... that's pretty heavy man. sorry you lost your father.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    dude... that's pretty heavy man. sorry you lost your father.
    Thank you.

It happens man. I'm pretty comfortable w/ it now it's been 2 years almost. Come to find out he lied to us all along that he was this medical marvel who's secret to long life was y food and EXTREMELY large quan ies of Busch Light and Whiskey. He decided to opt out of the simple procedure to insert stents into his heart to open the arteries up, so he could instead party w/ my nephew who was to be in town from the Air Force. Classic move on my Dad's part

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thank you.

It happens man. I'm pretty comfortable w/ it now it's been 2 years almost. Come to find out he lied to us all along that he was this medical marvel who's secret to long life was y food and EXTREMELY large quan ies of Busch Light and Whiskey. He decided to opt out of the simple procedure to insert stents into his heart to open the arteries up, so he could instead party w/ my nephew who was to be in town from the Air Force. Classic move on my Dad's part
    sounds like we lost both our father's around the same time.

glad to see that you still have your sense of humor and still moving forward.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    sounds like we lost both our father's around the same time.

glad to see that you still have your sense of humor and still moving forward.
    Yeah, it's cliche, but he truly would have wanted it this way. Dude was a master troll, and loved to w/ people just for his own enjoyment. After his death I had his neighbors giving me condolences and saying how much they will miss "Sarge" - I'm like why the are you calling him "Sarge"?

Come to find out he gave them an old rifle and lied to them that the rifle was used in the Vietnam War and he killed a bunch of gooks w/ it.. my Pops never spent a day of his life in the military, the closest was the war on the streets growing up in the West Side The looks on their faces as they realized they had been duped by a man no longer here to laugh at them about it was priceless

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, it's cliche, but he truly would have wanted it this way. Dude was a master troll, and loved to w/ people just for his own enjoyment. After his death I had his neighbors giving me condolences and saying how much they will miss "Sarge" - I'm like why the are you calling him "Sarge"?

Come to find out he gave them an old rifle and lied to them that the rifle was used in the Vietnam War and he killed a bunch of gooks w/ it.. my Pops never spent a day of his life in the military, the closest was the war on the streets growing up in the West Side The looks on their faces as they realized they had been duped by a man no longer here to laugh at them about it was priceless

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sorry to hear about your Grandma, cancer. What are her/your thoughts on just smoking or ingesting some good bud? Get the CBD and the THC, stimulate the appe e and maybe put a smile back on her face w/ a good weed induced laugh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    higher the cbd the better but it's a bit hard to get high cbd in non-legal states because truthfully no one is going to import that. low dose edibles helped my grandfather's appe e and relieved his pain ailments while we tried such routes.

i would just do what i did and try your hardest to find a plug who gets multiple strains, get the app leafly and check your plugs strains for higher cbd, buy that and make edibles, have your grandmother eat a corner of a cooking after you've tried them first for potency.

good luck and be safe.

use coconut oil and soy lecithin...

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    CBD oil makes me very nauseous. Smoking pot takes away my nausea.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Lmao...perfect.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    all you needed was a case of beers and a comfortable seat, this dude had some stories to tell

Thread Information