Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this team used to be great tbh. lamarsha sucks, ddr sucks.

playoff fodder tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PO fodder > tanking for a "keep our fingers crossed and hope this works" scenario that statistically fails more often than not.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s called rebuilding and moving on to the next era ..

literally every team goes thru it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could jump off the bridge, maybe that helps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're just now realizing this on April 3, 2019? Random.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    PO fodder > tanking for a "keep our fingers crossed and hope this works" scenario that statistically fails more often than not.
    no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are who we are.

I'm praying for a big move in the offseason that can help us become contenders next year. Not sure how but we're not too far off. I think with Murray we get a top 4 seed this year.

So Im excited to see Murray back. And a little more of Walker but I feel like he won't be great until maybe year 3 but we'll see.

As far as right now goes, I'm very happy we made the playoffs. For me its a successful season, simply because a lot of people predicted no playoffs and that was before Murray and White injury. So all in all, i'm happy. A first round win would be gravy. But i just hope they don't get swept.

This team aint that great, it has moments but you have to expect their failures. They simply aren't good enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this team used to be great tbh. lamarsha sucks, ddr sucks.

playoff fodder tbh
    without the Big 3, Spurs are mediocre, barely-8th-seed

While "small market" SA, buried in "flyover" south central TX, didn't suffer from the smallness with TD21 etc, I figure wannabe-franchise-players LA and DD and geography will figure negatively in good to great players' calculations.

Rebuilding to get to Top4 seed gonna be long and not guaranteed.

"We'll Always Have Spurs on Youtube"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is so ing stupid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is so ing stupid
    The same people that finger PATFO’s collective assholes for having the ability to draft and then bring stupid examples like the Knicks and Suns being in tanking purgatory.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's talk about the last 8-9 years of number one picks. How has Phoenix, 76ers, tpups, Cavs, NO, and Washington made out? Cavs traded away all the picks.

Actually if you go back to 2000 not a single team won a championship with their number one except the Cavs but that was after LBJ returned.

The only true number one pick who last won with their squad...Timmy...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO has shown they can draft well, but they're just plain bad at bringing in or signing free agents. TBH though they never really had to be proficient at it when the big 3 were around. Now, with this current Spur's team, its a big problem

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO has shown they can draft well, but they're just plain bad at bringing in or signing free agents. TBH though they never really had to be proficient at it when the big 3 were around. Now, with this current Spur's team, its a big problem
    You really think this is an attractive destination for top free agents...? You do know free agents have a choice of where they want to go right? And I’m sure it’s not SA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really think this is an attractive destination for top free agents...? You do know free agents have a choice of where they want to go right? And I’m sure it’s not SA
    Huh? Where did I say S.A. was an attractive destination for top free agents? Luring "top free agents" to San Antonio is a problem. A big problem. PATFO needs to dramatically improve in this area.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? Where did I say S.A. was an attractive destination for top free agents? Luring "top free agents" to San Antonio is a problem. A big problem. PATFO needs to dramatically improve in this area.
    They can't magically make San Antonio women skinny, tbh.

Then again, that never stopped sexual deviant TP from being a long time Spurs. The point is, it's not on PATFO to glamorize San Antonio more than what reality sees it as: not a destination place for young, rich, image-conscious millennials.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop leaving may actually help this cause. Most star players nowadays want to be able to be their own bosses and not worrying about being told to "get over themselves" and being limited on minutes.

Although most players say how much they respect Pop, i think only few would actually want to play for him. Pop is one of the few coaches you can't bully or get your way with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team has a winning record and clinched a playoff berth. The fact that so many are miserable here indicates how spoiled we SAS fans are. There will be years in the future when we'll wish for seasons as good as this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe LMA will be off the team next season. I think he requests a trade...again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team going to the playoffs for the 22nd season in a row?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same people that finger PATFO’s collective assholes for having the ability to draft and then bring stupid examples like the Knicks and Suns being in tanking purgatory.
    you're right... Knicks, Suns and.. LA, NJ, Sacramento, Minny, Dallas and pretty much all the tanking teams... but maybe in year 10 of the "process", Philly will sniff an ECF... who knows?

Do these teams have a better future than the Spurs, in a vac ? No. Add an healthy Murray to these Spurs and where are they right now, in year one after the Kawhitter show? Do I change D-White for a lottery pick? Nope.

LA had not one, not two... 3 lottery picks and are missiing the PO with Leberon this year

NO is losing AD this summer with something like 5 Play offs wins in 6 years...and 1 secound round...

Minny with Wiggins and Towns and are just missing the PO and overall... just bad.

Doncic seems OK but and with Porzingins Dallas could also be but they might as well be just mediocre for the next 5 years...

NY is just a mess.

Phoenix is beyond messy

Sacto has been sucking for like forever and somehow had decent year but... missing the PO and there's no guarantee they'll be compe ive in the next few years...

And so on...

But we can't wait for the tank s to develop their ultimate arguments (meaning other than "you're stupid, I'm smarter than you, mwarf mwarf!... or 'My team isn't the best right now, so let's tank for that ONE savior that we 100% will get in the draft and will dominate the NBA, in an era where you need (at least) 3 experienced top players + a bench) demonstrate how tanking is the way to go...

Meanwhile...

Let's talk about the last 8-9 years of number one picks. How has Phoenix, 76ers, tpups, Cavs, NO, and Washington made out? Cavs traded away all the picks.

Actually if you go back to 2000 not a single team won a championship with their number one except the Cavs but that was after LBJ returned.

The only true number one pick who last won with their squad...Timmy...

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are who we are.

I'm praying for a big move in the offseason that can help us become contenders next year. Not sure how but we're not too far off. I think with Murray we get a top 4 seed this year.

So Im excited to see Murray back. And a little more of Walker but I feel like he won't be great until maybe year 3 but we'll see.

As far as right now goes, I'm very happy we made the playoffs. For me its a successful season, simply because a lot of people predicted no playoffs and that was before Murray and White injury. So all in all, i'm happy. A first round win would be gravy. But i just hope they don't get swept.

This team aint that great, it has moments but you have to expect their failures. They simply aren't good enough.
    This in a nuts . Hey, at the end of the day, sports is entertainment and this has been a very entertaining team to watch. Yeah, losses to the Kings and squeezing one out against the Hawks is maddening. This team is better and more enjoyable to watch than last year’s crew. I’ll say this: I think their’s more playoff potential with these guys than last year. That’s not saying much and first round is probably as far as they go too but not having Nephew’s drama hanging over their heads has to feel good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eventually even if we don't want to tank, the cir stances will lead us there, it's inevitable. All that has to happen is a Pop retirement because Pop is so great imo that if you give him the tiest roster ever he will find a way to get you to the playoffs and lets not kid ourselves, this roster is terrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are so many whiny pussies on this site these days....that's what sucks. Spurs are making the playoffs for the 22nd straight year. Quit complaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    playoff team even with team leader dejounte murray out for the season

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team has a winning record and clinched a playoff berth. The fact that so many are miserable here indicates how spoiled we SAS fans are. There will be years in the future when we'll wish for seasons as good as this.

For starters, I like being spoiled. I don't know anyone who doesn't. The Spurs don't have to win it all, that would be stupid. But it's nice to believe that they are at least contenders, if they play really good ball in the playoffs. It's also nice to see the team headed in the right direction.

We probably will go through years when we wish that the team was as good as they are right now. I, for one, don't think it had to be this way. They still had a base here that they could have built on, if they had done a one year tank, and let some contracts expire. Instead they handed out loyalty contracts and then Kawhitter kawhit. Maybe there's nothing they could have done about the last part, but if they had already made the moves they would have a much better chance at rising from the ashes. Now they have squandered a lot of the attraction for coming here.

Thread Information