Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team seems lethargic and while trying to figure out why I had an epiphany. Could this just be a rest thing? I have no doubt that if the Spurs were in the third seed and we're guaranteed no worse than the seventh seed, Pop would be resting LMA and. Rudy more. The reason he doesn't is he is trying to avoid the 8th seed. Spurs used to have rest and health>>>seeding at ude but the exception to that rule is avoiding the Dubs. LMA has been carrying us all season and has only not played in one game this year. At first I thought he was saving himself for the Joker but he might be gassed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ehhh I don’t think Pop really cares what seed we are, he’ll gladly face the warriors in the 1st round lol in the past we would rest guys because we were wanting/expected to play up until June in the finals for championships but I think the players, coaches know best case is we maybe win a first round match up with this current constructed team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So used to Pop's dnp rest antics over the last half of the big 3 era. There is NO way LMA plays in all but one game if Pop wasn't of a different mind this year. Both Rudy and Demar have had breaks but realizing LMA has basically played the whole season. After the nephew BS last year, I want to give LMA props. He is the Captain now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think we look lethargic now, wait till tomorrow. A back back in Denver...

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no doubt they'll beat the Nougats. If they get the Blazers too that's the dream cake walk.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Ehhh I don’t think Pop really cares what seed we are, he’ll gladly face the warriors in the 1st round lol in the past we would rest guys because we were wanting/expected to play up until June in the finals for championships but I think the players, coaches know best case is we maybe win a first round match up with this current constructed team
    Pop hasn't brought out the Nasty in his roster since 2014. He knows he's dealing with a bunch of marshmallows. The dynasty died with Duncan's retirement as did Pop's will to want to coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So used to Pop's dnp rest antics over the last half of the big 3 era. There is NO way LMA plays in all but one game if Pop wasn't of a different mind this year. Both Rudy and Demar have had breaks but realizing LMA has basically played the whole season. After the nephew BS last year, I want to give LMA props. He is the Captain now.
    idk i think a lot of that is the players.
    we know LMA is stat conscious. whatever, it motivates him, most players are, i dont care. but he's not the type to just shrug his shoulders and sit out games he feels like he can play. i think other players catch on to this. with no timmy around anymore, or even kawhi, to lead by example..pop is forced to change, at least in places. he can't just keep treating every team like he has the big 3, like he has unquestionable loyalty. we've left the love stage and have firmly entered 'business'

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What this team needs is more load management.

Thread Information