Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk has an MVP that almost nobody counts bc he lost in the 1st round that year. You even have people claiming revisionist history and saying he wasn't even the best player that year (he clearly was). Plus nobody watches the Mavs at all in his prime. And when Dirk did when he was celebrated for a year, then the media started its hit job (blame Cuban for that) and said well he had Amazon role players and that's why he won. Take away Kidd and Marion and Chandler and Dirk is nothing. Well no , the dude didn't have a second All Star next to him so taking away any talent would make the team worse.

Wade is helped by the fact that he took a Robin role. It enhances his legacy a lot. Both have a Finals MVP and yet Wade is seen as having the better performance even though Dirk faced the much tougher team. But take away Ray Allen and Wade doesn't win in 2013. Nobody says that though in the media. Wade is the higher ranked player all time tbh

BUUT any sane person would choose Dirk over Wade all time and to start a team with. It's not even close really but since he's Lebrons buddy then people want to act like it is.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wade is trying his hardest to be just as big of a attention as Kobe was in his last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got Dirk > Wade > Manu in the all time rankings. They're all pretty close together, though.

I'll remember Wade for 2013 Finals Game 4. I was in attendance at that game, and that ultimately won them the series. If they don't win that game, 6 never happens.

Veteran
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count

I'll remember Wade for 2013 Finals Game 4. I was in attendance at that game, and that ultimately won them the series. If they don't win that game, 6 never happens.
    Yep. Even though LBJ finished with I think 2 more points thanks to 4th quarter garbage time, Wade was the best player on both teams that night by far. That was his last legendary game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1.Heat would have beaten the Pistons in '05 if Wade didn't get a major rib injury towards the end of game 5 of that series. The Heat won that game and went up 3-2. The injury was so bad Wade sat out game 6 of that series. He tried to play in game 7 but wasn't at 100 percent. We all saw what he he did a year later when he was healthy against the Pistons. If you don't believe me about the injury here is an old article about it https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/05/s...in-game-6.html
    Excuses. Everyone is injured in the playoffs.

2. Also Manu set the record during the '05 playoffs for most playoff free throw attempts ever only to have it broken by Wade a year later. You can't discredit Wade for getting love from the refs when Manu got it year earlier.
    Manu averaged 5.8 FTs per game vs the Pistons. Wade averaged 16.2 FTs () per game vs the Mavs in '06. Many of them a ing joke. Now those are foodstamps.

3. Duncan beat the Piston's in '05 hence him getting the Finals MVP.
    Everybody knows Manu deserved, at least, co-finals MVP in '05. Every single metric favours Manu in that series as the most impactful player.

4. Why would Wade have to learn how to be a great 3 point shooter considering the game back then was not dictated by the 3 point shot? Wade despite not being a great 3 point shooter still has a higher overall FG percentage of 48 percent for his career compared to Manu's 44 percent.
    Manu's TS% .582 - Wade TS% .554

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both Allstars and probably hof but neither will be truly remembered for long

Wade will basically be another Paul pierce, dirk a Chris mullin

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Both Allstars and probably hof but neither will be truly remembered for long

Wade will basically be another Paul pierce, dirk a Chris mullin
    And you, a re .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's higher on the best players ever list, Dirk or Wade?

Also Wade is a sneaky low key prick it seems like.
    Dirk easy

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She was the guy who was given a ring in 06 (instead of Dirk). It doesn't get more pathetic. This is why Dwyanne has always been unlikable.
    Ponies s still asshurt over losing to the better team in Miami in 2006 because _irk is a career choker

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excuses. Everyone is injured in the playoffs.

Manu averaged 5.8 FTs per game vs the Pistons. Wade averaged 16.2 FTs () per game vs the Mavs in '06. Many of them a ing joke. Now those are foodstamps.

Everybody knows Manu deserved, at least, co-finals MVP in '05. Every single metric favours Manu in that series as the most impactful player.

Manu's TS% .582 - Wade TS% .554

1. TS percentage is garbage. I have debated it on other threads and have proven it in the past. Not going to waste my time debating it again . It's a very flawed statistic so you are not going to convince me using it.
    2. I see what you did with the CO-MVP bs argument. Do you feel Manu was better than Tim in the Pistons series? In my eyes there is no such thing as equals. One was clearly better than the other. Man up and admit that you believe Manu was better in that series than Tim. I definitely don't believe he was considering Tim impacted both ends of the floor at a high level while Manu impacted only one end.
    3. What do you mean by everybody believes Manu deserved a CO-MVP? I'm sure everybody believed that in Argentina but definitely not in America. You are clearly a delusional nutcase. Go do a poll on reddit or realgm asking neutral fans that questions and I'm sure the majority won't feel the way you do about it.
    4. Injuries at times do play a huge role in who wins a series. For example the Pistons losing to the Lakers in '88 was due to Isiah literally breaking his ankle. The Lakers got a lucky break and it was evident a year later when the Pistons easily swept them in a rematch that they were the better team. Last year the Warriors benefited from Chris Paul getting hurt. Wade proved in '06 if he was healthy he would have taken the Piston's out in '05. There is no reason to believe he wouldn't since he lead them to a 3-2 lead.
    5. Wade got legit calls against the Mavs. Outside of the phantom call at the end of game 5 I didn't see any other phantom calls that were made in his favor. Wade was just clearly better than Manu against the Mavs in '06. He had a tier team and still managed to win.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ponies s still asshurt over losing to the better team in Miami in 2006 because _irk is a career choker
    No team needs to give Wade 25 FTs ever. Sorry dude. Top five worst officiated game and possibly worst officiated finals ever. And worst officiating is a euphemism for Stern cheating his ass off obviously.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2. I see what you did with the CO-MVP bs argument. Do you feel Manu was better than Tim in the Pistons series? In my eyes there is no such thing as equals. One was clearly better than the other. Man up and admit that you believe Manu was better in that series than Tim. .
    If I have to pick one, it's Manu. Dude was beast mode.

Stern still butthurt about Manu massacring 04 USA

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5. Wade got legit calls against the Mavs. Outside of the phantom call at the end of game 5 I didn't see any other phantom calls that were made in his favor. Wade was just clearly better than Manu against the Mavs in '06. He had a tier team and still managed to win.
    Coach Nick taking a on you, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I have to pick one, it's Manu. Dude was beast mode.

Stern still butthurt about Manu massacring 04 USA
    Can't take you seriously since you are a eurocentric nutcase.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't take you seriously since you are a eurocentric nutcase.
    If that's the cop out you need; have at.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach Nick taking a on you, tbh.

Nice try I have to give it you. Obviously I can tell that your stupid ass didn't watch this video. Coach Nick basically admits in this video most of the calls Wade got were legit. Here is what he says in a summary:

2:43 Terry pushes Wade from the back granted the refs called a late whistle after that but it was originally a foul
    2:58 Harris sticks his arm into Wade's arm while Wade is driving. Coach Nick says it was a foul but said they should not have called it.
    3:19 Wade is clearly fouled and coach Nick admits it was a legit foul after ing 20 seconds earlier it wasn't legit
    3:46 Coach Nick admits Wade gout fouled hard when going up for the dunk but didn't get the call
    3:54 Coach Nick points out Wade got tripped by Devin Harris but didn't get the call.
    4:09 Wade got cleanly stripped but the refs gave him the foul. Coach Nick believes it was a make up call from the previous 2 no calls Wade got.
    4:20 Coach Nick states Wade gets called for a lose ball foul when he was clearly shoved in the back by Marquis.

Basically out of all the calls Wade got in this game only 1 is a phantom call.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice try I have to give it you. Obviously I can tell that your stupid ass didn't watch this video. Coach Nick basically admits in this video most of the calls Wade got were legit. Here is what he says in a summary:

2:43 Terry pushes Wade from the back granted the refs called a late whistle after that but it was originally a foul
    2:58 Harris sticks his arm into Wade's arm while Wade is driving. Coach Nick says it was a foul but said they should not have called it.
    3:19 Wade is clearly fouled and coach Nick admits it was a legit foul after ing 20 seconds earlier it wasn't legit
    3:46 Coach Nick admits Wade gout fouled hard when going up for the dunk but didn't get the call
    3:54 Coach Nick points out Wade got tripped by Devin Harris but didn't get the call.
    4:09 Wade got cleanly stripped but the refs gave him the foul. Coach Nick believes it was a make up call from the previous 2 no calls Wade got.
    4:20 Coach Nick states Wade gets called for a lose ball foul when he was clearly shoved in the back by Marquis.

Basically out of all the calls Wade got in this game only 1 is a phantom call.
    I did watch the first few minutes and figured he'd trend with the obvious. I should've known he was sperm shielding when it was the more controversial Game 5 he declined to review. Though he does make mention of more than one bad call. And he sperm shields pretty hard to justify knocking Howard in the face or that infamous block call on Dirk at the end of the game. Also it's pretty dumb how he acts like the refs are even just because he's calling Wade barreling people over...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No team needs to give Wade 25 FTs ever. Sorry dude. Top five worst officiated game and possibly worst officiated finals ever. And worst officiating is a euphemism for Stern cheating his ass off obviously.
    No excuse for the Ponies who rode Stern's all the way to the Finals. The old jew slobbered all over the Choking German's schlong in Round 2, it was worse than Kings-Lakers 2002.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No excuse for the Ponies who rode Stern's all the way to the Finals. The old jew slobbered all over the Choking German's schlong in Round 2, it was worse than Kings-Lakers 2002.
    Mavs choked massively in 3 out of the 4 losses in that series. Game 3 they were up by like 14 I think with 5 minutes left and failed to close out the game. Game 5 and 6 they choked in the final 2 minutes of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs choked massively in 3 out of the 4 losses in that series. Game 3 they were up by like 14 I think with 5 minutes left and failed to close out the game. Game 5 and 6 they choked in the final 2 minutes of the game.
    Game 3, big time. As you said they were up 15 with 5 minutes left and Wade led the heroic comeback, Derp had a chance to tie it back at the end and choked by missing one of two FTs.

In game 5 they choked by fouling Wade at the end of OT, and Wade did what Derp couldn't which is nail 2 clutch free throws. (Josh Howard was also an idiot for burning the Ponies' last timeout in the process.)

In Game 6 Miami actually led most of the way including all of the 4th quarter, but it was very tight throughout. Terry missed a 3 that would have forced OT. But Derp was a choker throughout. Was great to see the pompous ass rich boy lose. Even better in 2007 when they had the most epic fail defeat in NBA history.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 04-05-2019 at 10:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wade's retirement is basically Deep Impact to Kobe's Armageddon. Wade knows this, so he's doing everything he can to say "look at me, I'm leaving... no seriously... I'm leaving... well let's swap jerseys.. you know you want my jersey"

It's uncomfortably obvious that's what he's doing and people are obliging, not because he was a great player but because they don't want to look like assholes. Wade was a great player, just hasn't been good in 10 years.

All that aside, he wasn't taking a shot at Dirk. If he tried to take Dirk down a notch, he'd reduce his own legacy since he and Dirk are tied together in two Finals.

I doubt anyone would be calling to see Wade though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. TS percentage is garbage. I have debated it on other threads and have proven it in the past. Not going to waste my time debating it again . It's a very flawed statistic so you are not going to convince me using it.
    2. I see what you did with the CO-MVP bs argument. Do you feel Manu was better than Tim in the Pistons series? In my eyes there is no such thing as equals. One was clearly better than the other. Man up and admit that you believe Manu was better in that series than Tim. I definitely don't believe he was considering Tim impacted both ends of the floor at a high level while Manu impacted only one end.
    3. What do you mean by everybody believes Manu deserved a CO-MVP? I'm sure everybody believed that in Argentina but definitely not in America. You are clearly a delusional nutcase. Go do a poll on reddit or realgm asking neutral fans that questions and I'm sure the majority won't feel the way you do about it.
    4. Injuries at times do play a huge role in who wins a series. For example the Pistons losing to the Lakers in '88 was due to Isiah literally breaking his ankle. The Lakers got a lucky break and it was evident a year later when the Pistons easily swept them in a rematch that they were the better team. Last year the Warriors benefited from Chris Paul getting hurt. Wade proved in '06 if he was healthy he would have taken the Piston's out in '05. There is no reason to believe he wouldn't since he lead them to a 3-2 lead.
    1- Please explain me how TS% is garbage, I'm really eager to know your take on it.
    2- I would have given Manu and Tim co-MPV's but if I had to choose only one it was clearly Manu.
    3- Everybody now realizes Manu was the MVP of that series. He was just a victim of old voting style. If Iguodala won finals MVP over Curry, you have to bet your smelly ass that Manu would have won MVP too, with today's advanced metrics voters.
    4- zzzzzzz
    5- He got a lot of bull calls, there are Lakers-Kings game 6 type video footage of Wade getting bull calls all throughout that final series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a video from Dom2K where he goes over those 20”6 calls on Wade and most of the calls seem to be legit. It does show that some calls were BS, but nit as bad as it’s made out to be

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs lost in 06 for a lot of reasons, the refs not being any of them. Wade didn’t even play at some otherworldly level that couldn’t be beaten, the Mavs just melted down and beat themselves.

Which is fine, because it made winning in 2011 so much sweeter.
    Noble Slob
    Sorry, dude. The fix was in. Sure, the Mavs could've / should've overcame. That's not the debate though.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wade's retirement is basically Deep Impact to Kobe's Armageddon. Wade knows this, so he's doing everything he can to say "look at me, I'm leaving... no seriously... I'm leaving... well let's swap jerseys.. you know you want my jersey"

It's uncomfortably obvious that's what he's doing and people are obliging, not because he was a great player but because they don't want to look like assholes. Wade was a great player, just hasn't been good in 10 years.

All that aside, he wasn't taking a shot at Dirk. If he tried to take Dirk down a notch, he'd reduce his own legacy since he and Dirk are tied together in two Finals.

I doubt anyone would be calling to see Wade though.
    I don't think he does the math, tbh. He's still butthurt about a comment about Dirk saying the Mavs should've won in 06.

Thread Information