Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't trade Aldridge or Derozan for those guys. Unless we're trying to be worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people want to blow it up so badly? If Durbeta leaves GS, the Spurs draft well, and White+Instagram Baller+Lonnie develop as expected the Spurs are right in the thick of things next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people want to blow it up so badly? If Durbeta leaves GS, the Spurs draft well, and White+Instagram Baller+Lonnie develop as expected the Spurs are right in the thick of things next year.
    Its not as easy as you make out to be. I think we overrated White a little bit, Murray is huge question mark and Lonnie is two years away imo.
    If our goal is to tank next season i do that trade even if it looks bad.
    Houston and the ultimate ref love affair Harden is still there and some other superteam is gonna rear its ugly head in the summer i fear.
    Bottom line, i'm all about us tanking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb ass trade doesn’t help either organization

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If were really trying to tank then sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? Wha?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another thing to remember also, LMA is 34. I love LMA & he's been awesome the last couple of seasons, but history tells us the big man decline generally starts around this age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when are you going to stop calling him that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Swap Demar for LA and yes. Don't mind trading LA but he is clearly the best player on the team and I don't think this is a good haul for him, especially since Dieng is garbage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank goodness the Spurstalkers aren't in the Spurs FO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another thing to remember also, LMA is 34. I love LMA & he's been awesome the last couple of seasons, but history tells us the big man decline generally starts around this age.
    RoCo will be 29 next year, and wings and guards age MUCH quicker, overall, than big men. LMA could easily play another 3 years at a high level, and maybe 2 more in limited, but effective mode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when are you going to stop calling him that?
    When his actual game matches his self promotion on Instagram.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who stays at night and thinks up bad trades - this is a disaster especially when on defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not as easy as you make out to be. I think we overrated White a little bit, Murray is huge question mark and Lonnie is two years away imo.
    If our goal is to tank next season i do that trade even if it looks bad.
    Houston and the ultimate ref love affair Harden is still there and some other superteam is gonna rear its ugly head in the summer i fear.
    Bottom line, i'm all about us tanking.
    Why are you all about tanking? The whole point of tanking is to end up right where the Spurs could potentially be next year if they just keep the core together and draft well (which they've shown they're more than capable of doing). Why take the long way when you can reach the same goal (contender status) in a much shorter time period? The long way will always be there once this core ages out. I don't see what the rush to tank is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you all about tanking? The whole point of tanking is to end up right where the Spurs could potentially be next year if they just keep the core together and draft well (which they've shown they're more than capable of doing). Why take the long way when you can reach the same goal (contender status) in a much shorter time period? The long way will always be there once this core ages out. I don't see what the rush to tank is.
    I don't get how this is tanking though? We've got 2 elite ball handlers on the perimeter & possible a third with one of DJ or Lonnie. I love LMA & even how he's changed his game to get more efficient shots by getting deep seals under the rim & the like, but a dive man like Poeltl seems more suited to compliment those guards. A huge problem is a lack of length on the perimeter & the need for a player to guard both forward spots as DD just can't. Covington can guard PFs, SFs & SGs as well as any player in the league while also spreading the floor as an above average 3 point shooter. Obviously the pick would also need to be something decent to make the deal fair.
    Last edited by Down Under; 04-09-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id Like to get value for him before he leaves a summer from now.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Thank goodness the Spurstalkers aren't in the Spurs FO.
    yeah because none of us would have been re ed enough to commit 100 million dollars between two scrubs while we had an MVP on the roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get how this is tanking though?
    Trading an established vet for a terrible contract, a pick and some young-ish dude is the very definition of a tanking move.This trade would make the Spurs worse.

We've got 2 elite ball handlers on the perimeter & possible a third with one of DJ or Lonnie. I love LMA & even how he's changed his game to get more efficient shots by getting deep seals under the rim & the like, but a dive man like Poeltl seems more suited to compliment those guards.
    Poeltl needs an elite PnR guard badly and none of these are great at it right now. He can't replace a tenth of what LMA gives offensively because he can't create anything for himself.

A huge problem is a lack of length on the perimeter & the need for a player to guard both forward spots as DD just can't.
    The perimeter defense is a problem but trading away the offensive focal point for slightly improving it would be a step back for the team.

Covington can guard PFs, SFs & SGs as well as any player in the league while also spreading the floor as an above average 3 point shooter.
    Not sure if he'll be able to do any of these things post knee injury but even if he does he's another guy who can't create anything for himself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need a cornerstone piece, there is none on our roster and its very difficult to find one where we draft right now. Even though i agree that we draft well, nephews don't grow on trees, you need to draft as high as possible to identify one otherwise the luck factor increases significantly.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People seem to be very confused about how ineffective tanking is. Tanking doesn’t win championships and it really hasn’t for a very long time. We were very fortunate to have Tim Duncan but that kind of thing doesn’t happen twice.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all the winnable games Demar has ed up thought this was the tanking season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. That's dumb...And I hate Aldridge and his game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting rid of the only potential all NBA player on roster is madness, there are much better players to trade on this roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Aldridge-DeRozan leading duo greatly limits how far a team can aspire to. Spurs will never be real contenders as long as those two are their go to guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10, Cov and Dieng for Aldridge and 29 probably isn't a terrible trade. It'd have to be followed almost immediately with a DeRozan deal, though, because there's no way the Spurs are playoff contenders with DeMar as their only All-Star. At 10, Hachimura is a real target, and there'd be an outside chance of one of the top forwards falling. In reality, Cov only make sense to the Spurs as a buyer. Something like Beli, Metu and 18 for Cov and 43 seems like a fair deal, though I'd prefer to give up 29 and another protected first instead. Cov's stock has fallen quite a bit, but a good role-player, a middling prospect and a decent first seems to be a nice package.
    Beli and Metu doesn't work. It would need to be Beli and Forbes.

Murray, White, DeRozan, Covington, Aldridge
    Mills, Walker, Bertans, Gay, Poeltl

Good for a 55+ wins regular season fools gold team, tbh.

Thread Information