Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA for Covington, Dieng & a 1st?

With 3 or 4 ball handlers on the perimeter next season, it seems a rim runner like Poeltl would be the best fit & it looks as though he's now a starting calibre Centre. Dieng would be an ok backup to Poeltl & obviously Roco being a DPOY candidate earlier in the season and a good outside shooter would help a lot defensively & with spacing at the 4.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only two years left on Dieng’s contract at $16.2-$17.2 per year, so would be okay adding him. If he had 3-4 years left then no way. On/off numbers aren’t great on him, but that’s also a result of him not playing with Towns. He’s a good backup center, albeit expensive.

Covington is who he is offensively - a passable offensive wing that can spot up and score without killing your lineup. Minnesota has been significantly better defensively with him on the floor and numbers prove it out. There’s real value in that, especially if the Spurs could tick up that 3pt percentage.

Bigger question is why would Minnesota want to pair Aldridge with Towns?

I’d consider the trade depending on what first rounder we were talking about. Aldridge is aging but still is an All NBA caliber player (regardless of if he makes it or is one of the first guys out).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only two years left on Dieng’s contract at $16.2-$17.2 per year, so would be okay adding him. If he had 3-4 years left then no way. On/off numbers aren’t great on him, but that’s also a result of him not playing with Towns. He’s a good backup center, albeit expensive.

Covington is who he is offensively - a passable offensive wing that can spot up and score without killing your lineup. Minnesota has been significantly better defensively with him on the floor and numbers prove it out. There’s real value in that, especially if the Spurs could tick up that 3pt percentage.

Bigger question is why would Minnesota want to pair Aldridge with Towns?

I’d consider the trade depending on what first rounder we were talking about. Aldridge is aging but still is an All NBA caliber player (regardless of if he makes it or is one of the first guys out).
    Yeah that's the question. How much 4 could Aldridge play, particularly at this stage of his career. The temptation from Minny's standpoint would be having that much talent in the frontcourt (two top 15-20 players) & hoping they could make it work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If by the trade deadline next year Spurs suck and are committed to tanking then sure. Otherwise no way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird and horrible trade idea.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covington, Murray, White all in the starting lineup

Even if RoCo isn't included, I'd still take the 1st and Dieng. Im on board with building thru the draft with numerous first rounders. Celtics could've had something special if Ainge wasn't the worst drafting GM in league history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covington, Murray, White all in the starting lineup

Even if RoCo isn't included, I'd still take the 1st and Dieng. Im on board with building thru the draft with numerous first rounders. Celtics could've had something special if Ainge wasn't the worst drafting GM in league history
    Have to think Minnesota would be a playoff team with Aldridge and Towns.

So you'd take on one of the worst contracts in the NBA for a pick in the late teens/ early twenties? That's hustling backwards if I've ever seen it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, yep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad bad offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10, Cov and Dieng for Aldridge and 29 probably isn't a terrible trade. It'd have to be followed almost immediately with a DeRozan deal, though, because there's no way the Spurs are playoff contenders with DeMar as their only All-Star. At 10, Hachimura is a real target, and there'd be an outside chance of one of the top forwards falling. In reality, Cov only make sense to the Spurs as a buyer. Something like Beli, Metu and 18 for Cov and 43 seems like a fair deal, though I'd prefer to give up 29 and another protected first instead. Cov's stock has fallen quite a bit, but a good role-player, a middling prospect and a decent first seems to be a nice package.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can I use Mills and Belli to trade just RoCo instead?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar for Covington and Dieng makes more sense tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you trade your best player with 1 year left on his deal? Give them DeRozan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, let’s trade for a SF pushing 30 who just had knee surgery, and a backup center who makes 8 figures, annually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covington is only useful if the Spurs keep both LMA and DDR. No deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is clearly a better trade. , throw in the Raptors pick. Not sure why people are so eager to trade LA. He's pretty much the only reason we made the playoffs either last year or this year. He's only got one more fully guaranteed season and then a partial. He plays defense night in and night out.

This effort to ship him out is just dumb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This!!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is clearly a better trade. , throw in the Raptors pick. Not sure why people are so eager to trade LA. He's pretty much the only reason we made the playoffs either last year or this year. He's only got one more fully guaranteed season and then a partial. He plays defense night in and night out.

This effort to ship him out is just dumb.
    any way we can throw Patty in on this deal too, Demar's not bad but if we could rid ourselves of Patty Bills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm on the fence with Covington... advanced stats are kind to him, but Philly didn't want him and Minnesota didn't improve after he arrived. I'm not sure he adds more wins than Rudy Gay (he doesn't according to most statistical models), so I don't know how him replacing LMA does anything. He does have a good contract-- I'll give him that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it would make sense if derozan is moved, as chinook said first

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Short answer is no
    long answer is NAH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count