Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    As the guy that had the most offensive responsabilities on the entire team. The guy that had the most possessions going through his hands. The guy the other team most had to account for in terms of defensive scheming. You know, the usual stuff.
    I'd disagree with the bolded, but even still they got swept in the second round that year. I'm still not sure how you take that and spin it into the fact that he was somehow better than Dirk when Dirk actually led a team to a le

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are probably a Mavs fan. Do you remember the 2010 Spurs-Mavs series? Do you remember who was the number one option for the Spurs in that?
    number 1 option by .8 points in that series. Manu averaged 19 while Duncan averaged 18.2. Manu got the 19 on a Westbrook FG percentage of 41 percent and 3 point FG of 32 percent. Amazing what you can do when you have Duncan cleaning up your garbage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds about right. You keep saying “all those international minutes” yet can’t give me any specifics behind the actual quan y of international minutes
    Yeah, so let's just assume he played 0 international minutes because I don't know where to find them.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yeah, so let's just assume he played 0 international minutes because I don't know where to find them.
    if you don’t know where to find them then how have you determined they were so significant?

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Duncan is the GOAT PF, player of his generation, and Top 5 player ever. Try again bruh.
    And second banana to Manu ing Ginobili, apparently

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd disagree with the bolded, but even still they got swept in the second round that year. I'm still not sure how you take that and spin it into the fact that he was somehow better than Dirk when Dirk actually led a team to a le
    I'm not here arguing Manu > Dirk, tbh.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I'm not here arguing Manu > Dirk, tbh.
    Then what are you arguing? I don’t think anyone is saying Manu is a scrub.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

So Duncan > Dirk, Manu > Dirk, and hence Parker > Dirk since Parker/Ginobili is pretty much a toss-up....How the did Dirk manage to upset three superstars in their prime in 06?

That must have been some serious planet alignment tbh imo

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

So Duncan > Dirk, Manu > Dirk, and hence Parker > Dirk since Parker/Ginobili is pretty much a toss-up....How the did Dirk manage to upset three superstars in their prime in 06?

That must have been some serious planet alignment tbh imo
    It was the greatness of Devin GOAT Harris and Desagana Diop, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then what are you arguing? I don’t think anyone is saying Manu is a scrub.
    I'm arguing the fact that Manu could have been a relatively succesful franchise player if he had the chance. Point that many here seem to argue.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I'm arguing the fact that Manu could have been a relatively succesful franchise player if he had the chance. Point that many here seem to argue.
    Define “relatively successful”, not trying to be argumentative but not sure if I agree with that or not.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    It was the greatness of Devin GOAT Harris and Desagana Diop, tbh.

we're probably not too far off from FkLA using what-ifs and lecturing us on how Josh Howard/Jason Terry were really the team leaders that season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Define “relatively successful”, not trying to be argumentative but not sure if I agree with that or not.
    What you said about the Paul Pierce/Ray Allen type player. Although, in today's NBA he might be even more than that. I mean, if Harden is a perennial MVP candidate.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    What you said about the Paul Pierce/Ray Allen type player. Although, in today's NBA he might be even more than that. I mean, if Harden is a perennial MVP candidate.
    Yeah I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that prime Manu could have done what early 2000s Paul Pierce did.

Regarding Harden, it’s just Dantoni stat padding. Really stupid that the award voters haven’t wised up to stat inflating gimmicks yet imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. The olympics is a accomplishment. Evident by Laker fans using it to prop up Kobe over Duncan. It's one game win all tournament just like the NCAA tournament which allows upsets to happen. I don't respect that format and never will.
    Yeah, so easy to get upsets that since the creation of the original dream team Manu is the only non-American guy to lead his country to gold.

2. Duncan even when he declined was still an all-star player. Let's be real here he wasn't a role player like you are making him out to be. During the second worst season of his career which was '10-'11 season he was an all-star. Even if that argument was true Manu got to play with prime Tony from '08-'13 who was a top 5 PG around that time. He had plenty of help so I can't say he ever lead a team filled with only role players.
    He led a team to gold with a bunch of Prigionis. You also act like Dirk had a bunch of rag tag players his whole career. There were plenty of years he played alongside all-stars when he didn't accomplish . The year he did ring, he had plenty of high-level role players. Kidd got a pity all-star nod sometime during his stint in Dallas too if you want to get technical.

3. Bulls in '93-'94 had Horance Grant who was an all-star player that year along with BJ Armstrong who was another all-star. They added Kukoc who was a great sixth man. Their center Cartwright was a great defensive player who was the equivalent of what Bogut used to be for the Warriors. They also added Longley. Pippen had a lot of help that year. Bulls lost Grant,Cartwright to FA in the summer of '94 and it resulted in Pippen putting up empty stats and leading the bulls to a sub .500 record in the '94-'95 season until Jordan came back late in the year to rescue them. You wouldn't know all this since you were in diapers back then.
    Oh ok, so Pippen lost a lot of solid pieces and his team got worse. What a fraud! Dirk must've gone back to back after he lost Chandler.

3. If Butler is a tier 3 star than Manu is to since Butler's career statistics are higher than Manu's. You originally said Manu was better than Dirk because he was elite at both ends while Dirk wasn't. I said according to your logic than Butler has to be better than Durant since he's elite at both ends while Durant is only elite at the offensive end. You said it was a dumb comparison which proves my point that your logic is flawed.
    Link to when I originally said that? Get your together. As far as your KD-Butler thing goes, Butler isn't even clearly a better defender than Durant. When he's engaged on that end, Durant is actually the better defender.

4. I'm not trying to prop Dirk just I don't believe in being a myopic fan like you are. I despised the out of Dirk in '06 and '09. I couldn't stand his flopping and whining but at the same time I can't acknowledge that Manu is better than him. Manu never had a playoff run that was ever better than Dirk's best playoff run or a playoff series that was ever better than Dirk's best playoff series. Feel free to post a playoff series or playoff run Manu had that was better than Dirk. It's ironic you are a Bernie Sander supporter who clings to emotions but despises facts. You sound a lot like a Trumper.
    Better how? PPG? I already acknowledged Manu wasn't the elite scorer or isolation player Dirk was. That doesn't mean his impact wasn't huge. The advanced stats don't lie.

5. Comparing the 2013 Warriors to the 2011 Thunder is a terrible comparison. Durant in 2011 made all-nba first team while Westbrook was on all-nba second team. By 2011 they were both already superstars. Curry and Klay were good in '13 but they didn't make any All-NBA teams and were not all-stars.
    From 8th, to 4th, to 2nd and Western conference le. They weren't done growing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. The olympics is a accomplishment. Evident by Laker fans using it to prop up Kobe over Duncan. It's one game win all tournament just like the NCAA tournament which allows upsets to happen. I don't respect that format and never will.
    The other day I was watching a TV show with people arguing if that non-NBA Olympic Gold is the greatest feat in all of sports history. Just to give you an idea of how re ed your take is, son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you don’t know where to find them then how have you determined they were so significant?
    Common sense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those guys were better scorers/isolation guys but Manu on top of being capable of being a 20 PPG guy was a master of the pick and roll, and in general just a better orchestrator of an offense. Harden with less scoring and more heart+defense is definitely a better comparison, imo.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Harden with less scoring and more heart+defense is definitely a better comparison, imo.
    Except for the fact that you described an imaginary player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other day I was watching a TV show with people arguing if that non-NBA Olympic Gold is the greatest feat in all of sports history. Just to give you an idea of how re ed your take is, son.
    Must have been an Argentina show. No way in it could be an American TV show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must have been an Argentina show. No way in it could be an American TV show.
    Spanish actually, but it doesn't matter. You wouldn't need a TV show to realize that the only non-NBA gold in Olympic history is quite the accomplishment, tbh.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    That doesn’t make any sense.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Spanish actually, but it doesn't matter. You wouldn't need a TV show to realize that the only non-NBA gold in Olympic history is quite the accomplishment, tbh.
    A) what do you mean by “non NBA gold”?
    B) I agree that the 2004 gold was a great team accomplishment for Argentina. Right up there with keeping Joseph Mengele in hiding and sheltered from the Nuremberg Trials, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like I said not an american TV show. Also again it's biased since it's Spanish. We all know these clowns view Manu as an Honorary Spanish/Hispanic guy. Too bad the majority of American fans don't view it as an achievement. In the States it's viewed as a fluke. America wiped your asses when they sent their A team in '08, '12,'16.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A) what do you mean by “non NBA gold”?
    B) I agree that the 2004 gold was a great team accomplishment for Argentina. Right up there with keeping Joseph Mengele in hiding and sheltered from the Nuremberg Trials, tbh.
    That it was the only time that the US didn't win gold when fielding NBA players.

Thread Information