My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bennington like that walrus

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Important goal for the over 5.5 crowd. Blues gonna get an empty netter to make this 5-1 I'd think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol hockey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game 7
    Guts on the line
    The effort was fantastic
    Great theater

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hockey>>>>>>>>>>>>>soccer, and it's not much of a fight to who gets to claim King of sports that have guys on a rectangle trying to put something into a goal. The active Line Change and Powerplay elements are brilliant design features.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cardinals fans more interested in the hockey game than the Cards game
    beisbol

midnightpulp 140 Clipper Nation Jodelo
    The Cardinals lost 9-0 in Miami. I think they would be. Anyhow, the loudest pop Staples has gotten in the past 6 years is when Jansen closed out the Brewers in game 7 last year.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I don't get hockey. The most dominant regular-season team in years gets swept in the first round of the playoffs. A team that was dead last in the conference at the beginning of the year winds up winning the Stanley Cup. Home-ice means next to nothing. People are still talking about the Nuggets taking down the 63-win Sonics in 1994, but that kind of upset happens on a fairly regular basis in the NHL.

It's a great game and I'd be into it if Cleveland had a team (there are times I think Cleveland would be a better NHL town than NBA town) but I'll be damned if I can understand why things shake out the way they do in that sport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get hockey. The most dominant regular-season team in years gets swept in the first round of the playoffs. A team that was dead last in the conference at the beginning of the year winds up winning the Stanley Cup. Home-ice means next to nothing. People are still talking about the Nuggets taking down the 63-win Sonics in 1994, but that kind of upset happens on a fairly regular basis in the NHL.

It's a great game and I'd be into it if Cleveland had a team (there are times I think Cleveland would be a better NHL town than NBA town) but I'll be damned if I can understand why things shake out the way they do in that sport.
    Parity

Also, hockey is is a game of momentum and mistakes, and some lower seeded teams use their physicality ain their favor.
    Another factor is a goalie getting hot, giving a psychological edge to his team and demoralizing the other team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s quite a bit of luck involved as well. A pick off by a mm or a goalie being blocked out means a goal or not. And a goal means a lot.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

NBA refs openly benefit home teams. It is understood as the benefit of playing at home. That is a major reason why there are so few playoff upsets in comparison to the other major sports

Hockey is extremely physical. And I'm not talking hit someone and then huddle up for 1 minute. Guys are constantly playing with injuries and serious ones like busted jaw. So health is a big factor.

Lightening/Jackets aside. Lets focus on another upset: Hurricanes over Capitals. There was still only 3 regular season loses separating the two teams.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Let's goooo

Should have made thread from the beginning

Recap: alot of big market usual suspects didn't qualify - Penguins, Capitals, Flyers, Canadians, Red Wings, Calgary, Vancouver, St.Louis & Chicago

Seattle Kraken in 2nd franchise season reached the Quarters bouncing the defending Champ Avalanche

Lightening long running recent power eliminated by long time loser Toronto Maple Leafs

And ofcourse. Boston Bruins set the record for Points in the regular season and followed in the foot steps of the previous 2 record holders by NOT winning the Cup

Today: Florida in their 1st Conference Finals since 1996 with Vanbiesbrouck

The other 3 teams have been consistent winners recently especially VGK & Canes

Florida & Vegas lead 1-0
    Last edited by FrostKing; 05-20-2023 at 02:58 AM.

Thread Information