Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Comes out in 3 weeks and itís still not finished. Multiple reshoots, multiple versions, multiple endings, people laughing and walking out of test screenings. What a cluster they turned the new trilogy into.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Comes out in 3 weeks and it’s still not finished. Multiple reshoots, multiple versions, multiple endings, people laughing and walking out of test screenings. What a cluster they turned the new trilogy into.
    I think the prequels are pretty much unwatchable - wooden acting, stilted dialogue, too much reliance on green screens... that said, at least George Lucas knew what he wanted to do. That has been my biggest complaint with the new trilogy, I have no idea even now what story they're trying to tell.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think the prequels are pretty much unwatchable - wooden acting, stilted dialogue, too much reliance on green screens... that said, at least George Lucas knew what he wanted to do. That has been my biggest complaint with the new trilogy, I have no idea even now what story they're trying to tell.
    Agee on all points.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers

What story? JJ Abrams pulled the mystery box bull --in all fairness, it's at least a foundation to build upon--and Rian Johnson tore all that down. I can't believe that Rian got so much creative control.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Comes out in 3 weeks and it’s still not finished. Multiple reshoots, multiple versions, multiple endings, people laughing and walking out of test screenings. What a cluster they turned the new trilogy into.
    I really liked Episode 7. But Last Jedi was such a ing mess. I tried to like it, but the more I watched it I found myself agreeing with the fanboys on the internet on this one. It sucked. They raped Luke Skywalker, and it was largely boring. It is hard for me to believe there is any saving it at this point. That is why they have so many cuts. They don't know what the to do with it? Fans hated Last Jedi so much, they backed themselves into a corner. It is hard to be pumped for the 3rd movie In a trilogy when the sequel sucked. Imagine if Empire Strikes back was dog . Nobody would have given 2 s about going to see Return of the Jedi..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What story? JJ Abrams pulled the mystery box bull --in all fairness, it's at least a foundation to build upon--and Rian Johnson tore all that down. I can't believe that Rian got so much creative control.

Yep Kathleen Kennedy for the win. That is what happens when you hire Spielberg's former secretary to run SW for Disney. She has no talent or abilities as a producer or filmmaker. Every job she ever got was about who she knew. They should have begged Jon Favreau to oversee SW for Disney. At least have a strong creative voice since he has so many other projects.. I doubt he would have advised Disney to Rape and pillage all over Luke Skywalker. But they let Kennedy take control. ing horrible mistake.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I really liked Episode 7. But Last Jedi was such a ing mess. I tried to like it, but the more I watched it I found myself agreeing with the fanboys on the internet on this one. It sucked. They raped Luke Skywalker, and it was largely boring. It is hard for me to believe there is any saving it at this point. That is why they have so many cuts. They don't know what the to do with it? Fans hated Last Jedi so much, they backed themselves into a corner. It is hard to be pumped for the 3rd movie In a trilogy when the sequel sucked. Imagine if Empire Strikes back was dog . Nobody would have given 2 s about going to see Return of the Jedi..
    Yes and yes. TFA was not bad. You needed to bridge the gap between the OT and the new trilogy. JJ did a decent job. But TLJ ed over 40 years of lore and broke the franchise in only 2 hours. Rian Johnson went rogue and KK let him. TLJ going rogue therefore ruined TFA, so now I canít even watch it anymore knowing where TLJ went. Thatís why is said the the new trilogy is a cluster.

And based on the rumors, TROS is not going to do anything to fix the mess, but actually make it worse by trying to retcon everything in the canon to agree with TLJ.

What Disney should have done after TLJ is admit it was an issue and announced they would be doing two more movies to restore faith in the fans that they would work on making things right. Instead, they doubled down defending RJ by attacking the fans that didnít like TLJ.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I wouldn't even sneak into this movie. It would take overwhelmingly positive audience reviews for me to even want to torrent when it comes out on Blu Ray. I don't know why anybody would be stoked to see the last part of a trilogy after the previous film torpedoed the entire plot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    2 years later and incels are still screeching Preparing to brigade the Knives Out reviews on RT

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yes and yes. TFA was not bad. You needed to bridge the gap between the OT and the new trilogy. JJ did a decent job. But TLJ ed over 40 years of lore and broke the franchise in only 2 hours. Rian Johnson went rogue and KK let him. TLJ going rogue therefore ruined TFA, so now I can’t even watch it anymore knowing where TLJ went. That’s why is said the the new trilogy is a cluster.

And based on the rumors, TROS is not going to do anything to fix the mess, but actually make it worse by trying to retcon everything in the canon to agree with TLJ.

What Disney should have done after TLJ is admit it was an issue and announced they would be doing two more movies to restore faith in the fans that they would work on making things right. Instead, they doubled down defending RJ by attacking the fans that didn’t like TLJ.
    Yeah I used to really enjoy watching TFA. But after Last Jedi I was done with both movies. Nothing that was good carried over. If Johnson was such a non fan of TFA I have 2 questions? 1 how did he get the job? 2 why did he even want it? you Kathleen Kennedy..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Mono acting like he has shares in Disney. The Last Jedi earned its reputation.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Rian Johnson ruined Star Wars forever

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I am not a big Star Wars fan, but I respect the series. The Last Jedi was a sh*t movie, and its reception and box office numbers reflect that. Rian Johnson's piss poor decision-making even spawned the "subeverted expectations" meme that is still alive today.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    *not a big Star Wars fan
    *rants incessantly about a Star Wars movie for two years

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    *rants incessantly about a Star Wars movie for two years
    >rants incessantly
    >incessantly

Goddamn, you go full re.t.ard when it comes to that movie. How many posts have I made about The Last Jedi in the past two years? How frequent have they been?

You're not going to browbeat anybody into liking that movie, Mono. That ship has sailed a long time ago. And I don't even know what the f.uck UZER is talking about, but if he is telling the truth about The Rise of Skywalker, this trilogy will become an even bigger wreck.
    Last edited by redzero; 11-22-2019 at 10:19 PM.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mono wtf...strange hill to die on.

Last Star Wars movie was an unmitigated disaster. Force Awakens was too in terms of originality but I kind of give that one a past since you could argue it's a shot by shot of 6.

The new cast doesn't help these films any either. Ridley and Driver suck. Groot has more personality than them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    >rants incessantly
    >incessantly

Goddamn, you go full re.t.ard when it comes to that movie. How many posts have I made about The Last Jedi in the past two years? How frequent have they been?

You're not going to browbeat anybody into liking that movie, Mono. That ship has sailed a long time ago. And I don't even know what the f.uck UZER is talking about, but if he is telling the truth about The Rise of Skywalker, this trilogy will become an even bigger wreck.
    So triggered you’re throwing periods all over the place

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    So triggered you’re throwing periods all over the place

I'm trying to bypass this new filter, Mono. I know you can do better than that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    piss sucker mother er s fart turd and

what filter?

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Mono wtf...strange hill to die on.

Last Star Wars movie was an unmitigated disaster. Force Awakens was too in terms of originality but I kind of give that one a past since you could argue it's a shot by shot of 6.

The new cast doesn't help these films any either. Ridley and Driver suck. Groot has more personality than them.
    Don't forget Byega. Who the decided he was good at acting? He needs to be in some B-Movie on the Syfy Channel. The new Pacific Rim was hilariously bad.

There's nothing to invest in with Ridley as a heroine. She's bland...there's nothing to connect with. Your new Sith lord is a daddy issue laden girly boy. Really...this got is Han Solo's son? Han ing Solo?

Now you have this last movie that they apparently can't even seem to feel good about all they way up to the release. Still trying to make it palatable enough to feed to the public.

None of this should have ever happened. Beyond the nostalgia of the first film, everything about this series is forgettable and borderline laughable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The actors are fine by Star Wars standards, they aren't the problem. Let's not pretend like Portman and Christensen were turning in oscar performances.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    The actors are fine by Star Wars standards, they aren't the problem. Let's not pretend like Portman and Christensen were turning in oscar performances.
    Episode 1 had Neeson and McGregor was strong throughout.

Grievous and especially Darth Maul were more interesting villains than any so far in this trilogy

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    College
    Trinity Tigers

There's nothing to invest in with Ridley as a heroine. She's bland...there's nothing to connect with.
    Mary Sue

Thread Information