Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that post was incoherent. There’s no question Tiger had some kind of weird sex addiction. He cheated on a Scandinavian model with a 59 year old frumpy Co-Cos waitress.
    Something about having a 300ft yacht and bus loads of pussy calling him all the time. Like Maher said, it's not about s or ass or hair or lips, it's about old vs new. It doesn't matter how good she looked, Tiger was tired of ing her.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, players would have to fall to the ground after every shot and then get rewarded by getting a free attempt at a birdie. Then double-handjobs would have to be a prominent clubhouse activity. That would draw a few soccer fans to golf.
    Then some flat dweller with syphilis would have to run out and punch one of the golfers, then the entire section of the crowd would rampage over each other to get a free sweaty shirt. Not because they want a memento, but because they cannot afford shirts.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Then some flat dweller with syphilis would have to run out and punch one of the golfers, then the entire section of the crowd would rampage over each other to get a free sweaty shirt. Not because they want to memento, because they cannot afford shirts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that what Tiger did today? Looked like he was chilling in a cushy clubhouse

I worked at a Golf course in the past. It was 95% white & asian men and this in a majority Hispanic area
    Were you a ball washer?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Scandinavian women are notorious fish in bed. Gorgeous to look at not to play with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure Golf is a sport

Imo the same category as billairds, chess and bowling
    Why do people define how "sporty" something is by how tired you get? There's more to physical demand than exhaustion. Creating a mechanically great golf swing (for all the types of shots you'll encounter, from drives to putts) is more "physically demanding" than anything you'll do in basketball or football. A great golf swing requires a lot more "moving parts" to function together than a jump shot or dribble-drive. Basically, the learning curve is far higher for playing good golf than it is for playing good basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My response to this will always be to tell you to walk a 7200 yard course (not counting distance between holes) in 90 degree heat where between practice swings and real swings you’re taking 100+ swings and tell me if you’re sore the next day.
    Golf is much harder than many of the "athletic sports." Too many sports fans fetishize running, jumping, and "stamina." The mechanical demand of a golf swing is higher than it is for anything you'll do in basketball or football. And what makes a sport like golf hard as , is you have no athletic recourse to fall back on. You have to execute. In basketball, if Lebron's jumper is off, he can rely on athletic "bully ball" to get easy lay-ups/dunks. Or he can focus on the defensive end to make an impact. You can effort your way to production in those sports. You can't in golf. Can't run faster, play harder, etc, etc to make up for some deficiency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a good time watching him this morning/afternoon. Glad he's back. He moves the needle.

If Dustin Johnson or Brooks Koepka would have won....no thread would have been started about it. He's the only thing keeping golf alive. Curious to see the ratings the final few holes. Bet they were HUGE!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Golf is much harder than many of the "athletic sports." Too many sports fans fetishize running, jumping, and "stamina." The mechanical demand of a golf swing is higher than it is for anything you'll do in basketball or football. And what makes a sport like golf hard as , is you have no athletic recourse to fall back on. You have to execute. In basketball, if Lebron's jumper is off, he can rely on athletic "bully ball" to get easy lay-ups/dunks. Or he can focus on the defensive end to make an impact. You can effort your way to production in those sports. You can't in golf. Can't run faster, play harder, etc, etc to make up for some deficiency.
    Lol. Golf is a 'sport' where the crowd has to be shushed before anything can happen. Give me a ing break. That doesn't even compare to an opposing arena rocking to the rafters when you need to sink two free throws to tie a game down the stretch.

Golf is a ing joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Golf is a 'sport' where the crowd has to be shushed before anything can happen. Give me a ing break. That doesn't even compare to an opposing arena rocking to the rafters when you need to sink two free throws to tie a game down the stretch.

Golf is a ing joke.
    You obviously never played golf. Way harder than basketball. A 190 yard shot with an iron is much more technical than a FT it isn't even worth discussing. Ooooh, shooting from 15 feet away. Incredible degree of difficulty there. Golf crowds have to be shushed primarily because the technical demands are so high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a good time watching him this morning/afternoon. Glad he's back. He moves the needle.

If Dustin Johnson or Brooks Koepka would have won....no thread would have been started about it. He's the only thing keeping golf alive. Curious to see the ratings the final few holes. Bet they were HUGE!!!
    Golf is keeping golf alive. Just because those asinine hot take shows on ESPN and FS1 don't talk about anything else aside from Lebron and the Cowboys, doesn't mean golf isn't relevant. Masters, without Tiger contending, will typically do NBA Conference Finals ratings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You obviously never played golf. Way harder than basketball. A 190 yard shot with an iron is much more technical than a FT it isn't even worth discussing. Ooooh, shooting from 15 feet away. Incredible degree of difficulty there. Golf crowds have to be shushed primarily because the technical demands are so high.
    I can't take seriously a 'sport' that has Donald Trump as its biggest proponent.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I can't take seriously a 'sport' that has Donald Trump as its biggest proponent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was a stupid attempt at a joke. I mean, I can say I can't take seriously any sport that has R. Kelly as its biggest proponent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Golf is keeping golf alive. Just because those asinine hot take shows on ESPN and FS1 don't talk about anything else aside from Lebron and the Cowboys, doesn't mean golf isn't relevant. Masters, without Tiger contending, will typically do NBA Conference Finals ratings.
    Ask the average sports fan who won the NBA Finals last year.....they'll probably know.
    Ask the average sports fan who won the Super Bowl last year....they'll probably know.
    How many ppl do you think will be able to tell you that Patrick ing Reed won last years Masters....only diehard Golf fans.

It's just a totally different category with Tiger in the hunt. Do you think I would have watched one second of the Masters if Tiger was on the 4th page of the Leaderboard? I hate to say it....but there are several ppl just like me. If Tiger is in the hunt....must watch. Rory, Dustin Johnson, or literally any other golfer on the planet battling for the trophy....no thank you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't respect a so called sport where senior citizens can dominate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ask the average sports fan who won the NBA Finals last year.....they'll probably know.
    Ask the average sports fan who won the Super Bowl last year....they'll probably know.
    How many ppl do you think will be able to tell you that Patrick ing Reed won last years Masters....only diehard Golf fans.

It's just a totally different category with Tiger in the hunt. Do you think I would have watched one second of the Masters if Tiger was on the 4th page of the Leaderboard? I hate to say it....but there are several ppl just like me. If Tiger is in the hunt....must watch. Rory, Dustin Johnson, or literally any other golfer on the planet battling for the trophy....no thank you.
    So your point is golf isn't as big as football or basketball? Water is wet. Golf never was. It's certainly more popular here than all sports but the big 4, arguably more popular than hockey. Golf has actually increased in popularity, even sans Tiger. Masters was doing about a 7 or 8 rating in the 70s (only 4 channels then. Ratings were inflated for just about everything back then). It does about the same number now.

I don't get the "Tiger effect." He never was the most exciting golfer to watch. Marketing is that good, I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tiger effect isn't really that big, anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, I don't hate golf or any of the other pseudo-sport, tbh, but let's be honest here... it ranks up there with the World's Strongest Man compe ion, what Formula 1 has become, Nascar, Darts and Bowling championships... basically anything ESPN will run when there's absolutely nothing else going on...

Tiger, like Phelps, Dale Earnhardt JR, etc, apparently extremely talented people (nobody is going to take that away from them), are also part of the marketing hype a number of companies pitch all the time to try to garner some interest in an otherwise obscure 'sport'.

Nobody is claiming those 'sports' don't take effort or skill or any number of talents either, tbh, they're just basically the D-League of of sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, I don't hate golf or any of the other pseudo-sport, tbh, but let's be honest here... it ranks up there with the World's Strongest Man compe ion, what Formula 1 has become, Nascar, Darts and Bowling championships... basically anything ESPN will run when there's absolutely nothing else going on...

Tiger, like Phelps, Dale Earnhardt JR, etc, apparently extremely talented people (nobody is going to take that away from them), are also part of the marketing hype a number of companies pitch all the time to try to garner some interest in an otherwise obscure 'sport'.

Nobody is claiming those 'sports' don't take effort or skill or any number of talents either, tbh, they're just basically the D-League of of sports.
    How do you figure that? There's more money to be made to be made in golf than nearly every other sport. Mickelson is a charisma vacuum and he makes more than Ronaldo. "D-league" sports are sports with no money in them, like Rugby , since sports with no money typically draw less talented people. Qualifying a sport by how much "running around" you do is re ed. Golf has never been obscure. It's been a big sport since the first British Open, and a sport with more history than Twinktrot. At bolded, NBA playoffs were on today, and the Masters will crush it in ratings, even if Tiger didn't exist.
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 04-15-2019 at 01:26 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is D-league. The highest paid player doesn't even make a million dollars per year.

https://www.sportseon.com/rugby-unio...rugby-players/

"But they run around and stuff."

vs.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/09/the-...the-world.html

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    How do you figure that? There's more money to be made to be made in golf than nearly every other sport. Mickelson is a charisma vacuum and he makes more than Ronaldo. "D-league" sports are sports with no money in them, like Rugby , since sports with no money typically draw less talented people. Qualifying a sport by how much "running around" you do is re ed. Golf has never been obscure. It's been a big sport since the first British Open, and a sport with more history than Twinktrot.
    Well it is played year round, alot of events.

Golf is really interesting in that the average fan and participant is middle to upper class. It attracts the out of shape businessman that wants to get bombed over 18 holes.

A college student or even regular joe probably can't afford a set of clubs and scheduling a round. Some of my friends do it a handful of times a year. My Asian ex gfs father golfed regularly and he was quite wealthy

So that snotty elitism helps pour in money for events

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well it is played year round, alot of events.

Golf is really interesting in that the average fan and participant is middle to upper class. It attracts the out of shape businessman that wants to get bombed over 18 holes.

A college student or even regular joe probably can't afford a set of clubs and scheduling a round. Some of my friends do it a handful of times a year. My Asian ex gfs father golfed regularly and he was quite wealthy

So that snotty elitism helps pour in money for events
    Yeah, golf is marketed toward the more well off, but it still draws NBA Conference Finals and sometimes NBA Finals level ratings for the Majors. Nono was implying it's a fringe sport. Fringe sports don't make their players multimillionaires. To me, a D-League sport is a sport where there's not much money to be made. Professional rugby players don't make , but Nono and many foreigners believe it's some huge International sport (international ratings show differently). A relevant sport is one that can sustain a lucrative professional league. This shows fans will have interest beyond patriotic bandwagoning (we don't care about Phelps unless it's the Olympics. No one would watch a pro swimming league here). Same goes for Volleyball, Field Hockey, Waterpolo, Track and Field sans 100m dash, Handball, Lacrosse, etc, all sports I'm sure Nono would consider "real" sports since you get tired. Those are D-league sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

I'll simplify this point. If you have a talented, uber-coordinated kid, these are the sports he should be pushed into if his goal is to become rich (not considering motorsports):

Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Tennis, Golf, T20 Cricket, Ice Hockey, Boxing.

Those are the only relevant sports in the world. All other sports are simply followed out of patriotic pride when there's a big international event or they might have high participation numbers (volleyball), but don't have much interest in their pro-league.

Thread Information