Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Ok like I think the analytics were impressive but it feels like teams play too fast and sloppy now rather than real basketball.... it just isn't really as entertaining as it ought to be with the high scores. Anyone agree? And the superstars are pussies. Durants fake twitter to argue with casual fans, Leonard's a , and players sitting out games in the middle of the season due to "rest"

Teams shooting 40-50 3's a game.... even if analytics dictate the 3 point shot is highly profitable, something doesn't feel right watching it. Despite more athleticism in the league today, you hardly sense that teams of yesterday would get annihilated.

Warriors can never surpass the 90s Bulls as the GOAT.... and I never thought I'd say this but.... today's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams dont really play sloppy. A lot of the space is created in todays NBA is a product of improved skill in the 3pt line and the emphasis on offball movement.

The slopping passing people complain about is a by product of a game that evolved into constant movement.

In short, offenses are much nore talented and move much faster.

Now in terms of enjoyment, some fans find thid kind of basketball boring because its now limited to 3s and layups, i still find it extremely entertaining because the process to get those layups is a joy to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine if the league switched to a hard core grind out physical style from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s? This bull today that spoiled pampered millionaires playing soccer on the court lobbing countless 3’s then taking 20 games off for “load management” would ing crumble. Players like Durant and harden would still be stars but they would absolutely be ing hammered going down the lane at least once a game. It would be awesome to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tried to like today’s NBA, I really did

But holy the last few weeks of the season have reached gotry of epic proportion

today’s NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree on the superstars. They're either pampered princesses like Durant and Leonard. Or they're hugely overrated weenies like Anthony Davis. Or they're loudmouthed braggarts like Embiid. Oh, or unwatchable like Harden. Only one with the sense to just play the game is Giannis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s NBA Jam now. The only thing missing is Boomshakalaka!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay can’t hit jack and if he’s not wide open or doesn’t benefit from an illegal screen

would be a scrub in yesterday’s NBA, dude is just a darker Craig Ehlo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay can’t hit jack and if he’s not wide open or doesn’t benefit from an illegal screen

would be a scrub in yesterday’s NBA, dude is just a darker Craig Ehlo
    He's a plus plus defender, don'tcha know? Held Louis Williams to only like 35 points or whatever.

He eats up a lot of cap space. That's what he's good for.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing wrong with not liking today's game, you're en led to your opinion..nostalgia is a very strong feeling..

I have complaints about today's game, as well, but as Jeff Van Gundy(one of the faces of 90s basketball) said during the Portland/OKC game the other night, the level of skill today's players have reached is absurd..

Realistically, if you used the exact same style as the old days and brought the same players but changed their names, you guys would still be complaining about it it's just human nature to favor what you grew up watching(I've been watching since the early 2000s, but I'm in the minority that cringes when I look back at those games)
    Last edited by HarlemHeat37; 04-16-2019 at 11:33 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing wrong with not liking today's game, you're en led to your opinion..nostalgia is a very strong feeling..

I have complaints about today's game, as well, but as Jeff Van Gundy(one of the faces of 90s basketball) said during the Portland/OKC game the other night, the level of skill today's players have reached is absurd..

Realistically, if you used the exact same style as the old days and brought the same players but changed their names, you guys would still be complaining about it it's just human nature to favor what you grew up watching..
    With the freedom perimeter players have today and the traveling that is allowed, of course their skill set look absurd

JVG hasn’t been objective since the NBA has assigned a sniper to his ass after he said the NBA was rigged a few years ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In game one of the Milwaukee series, Giannis stole the ball at half court, took a few dribbles, and took off just inside the free throw line with a throw down dunk-- that's essentially the same dunk that Dr J and MJ made famous and won them Dunk contests... but Giannis did it in a live game, while maintaining his dribble, barely exerting himself. Ridiculous.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the freedom perimeter players have today and the traveling that is allowed, of course their skill set look absurd

JVG hasn’t been objective since the NBA has assigned a sniper to his ass after he said the NBA was rigged a few years ago
    Don't shoot the messenger, I was just quoting 90s legend Jeff Van Gundy..the man who coached Patrick Ewing, Jon Starks, cult icon Charles Oakley..coached against Michael Jordan and Reggie Miller..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I have complaints about today's game, as well, [/b]but as Jeff Van Gundy(one of the faces of 90s basketball) said during the Portland/OKC game the other night, the level of skill today's players have reached is absurd..[b]

Realistically, if you used the exact same style as the old days and brought the same players but changed their names, you guys would still be complaining about it it's just human nature to favor what you grew up watching..
    Absolutely. Which is why I say todays Warriors would run circles around the 90s Bulls head to head.

I hate today’s 3 point chucking game, and players are bigger wimps, but today’s players are on another level athletically. Yes the old dudes were tough as nails, but their heads would be spinning trying to guard today’s players.

Sure most old era guys would be just as good as today’s athletes is they grew up with the same training advancements, but taking the teams head to head from each era, the bulls would get swept.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have mixed thoughts on the matter. I understand that everything evolves, and this is a natural part of that evolution. At the same time, I look forward to the evolution continuing past its current phase.

We have some of the greatest players ever in the league right now - but when I think about it, I wouldn't say the top-level talent of today is better than ever before. The superstars of the previous decade were better, IMO. Duncan/Shaq/Kobe/Garnett/Nowitzki/McGrady/Iverson in the early 2000s was a more impressive collection of superstars than the top 7 players today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't shoot the messenger, I was just quoting 90s legend Jeff Van Gundy..the man who coached Patrick Ewing, Jon Starks, cult icon Charles Oakley..coached against Michael Jordan and Reggie Miller..
    Sure, John Starks and Oak weren’t legends but the games were more enjoyable tbh
    Rivalries and intensity have left the NBA

Still, Stark would be an all star every year in tday NBA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like the NBA as much as I did from 2011-2016(the greatest era of the NBA IMO), tbh..doesn't have much to do with the game or style, though, I think it's a league that you tend to enjoy less as you get older, especially with the social media route they've chosen to take, it's corny..

Your favorite players that you grew up watching retire(I don't have any feelings for this current Spurs team other than Pop since Duncan and Manu retired, I dislike almost all their main players), which matters more in the NBA because it's a player-driven league, unlike the NFL..gambling daily keeps me engaged and the NBA has done a great job to embrace that, which will help them remain relevant, as well..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like the NBA as much as I did from 2011-2016(the greatest era of the NBA IMO), tbh..doesn't have much to do with the game or style, though, I think it's a league that you tend to enjoy less as you get older, especially with the social media route they've chosen to take, it's corny..

Your favorite players that you grew up watching retire, which matters more in the NBA because it's a player-driven league, unlike the NFL..gambling daily keeps me engaged and the NBA has done a great job to embrace that, which will help them remain relevant, as well..
    Good point it’s really a player driven league

Dr J’s favorite starting 5 doesn’t include MJ, Magic, Bird etc , it has players he idolized growing up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan would average 68 pts a game in Today's NBA.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Absolutely. Which is why I say todays Warriors would run circles around the 90s Bulls head to head.

I hate today’s 3 point chucking game, and players are bigger wimps, but today’s players are on another level athletically. Yes the old dudes were tough as nails, but their heads would be spinning trying to guard today’s players.

Sure most old era guys would be just as good as today’s athletes is they grew up with the same training advancements, but taking the teams head to head from each era, the bulls would get swept.
    90s Bulls were more athletic than today's Warriors. You had a good argument til you reached that point. Kukoc & Rodman > Durant & Green. Ill take Harper, Jordan and Pippen over Curry, Klay and Andre

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    LMAO kukoc > durant

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    That's not what I posted

But since you put me on the spot Kukoc would be a MVP candidate in today's game. Durant with a spine and better court vision but slightly worse shooting touch.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    That's not what I posted

But since you put me on the spot Kukoc would be a MVP candidate in today's game. Durant with a spine and better court vision but slightly worse shooting touch.
    Kukoc would be very good in today's league, but that is just a delusional take.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    NBA should deflate the basketball so it's harder to shoot. Historically speaking, ratings have an inverse relationship with scoring output. People really buy into defense in basketball when compared to other sports.

MLB is juicing the baseballs--higher ratings. NFL made touching the QB illegal--ratings skyrocket. Higher scoring in NBA-- ratings plummet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    90s Bulls were more athletic than today's Warriors. You had a good argument til you reached that point. Kukoc & Rodman > Durant & Green. Ill take Harper, Jordan and Pippen over Curry, Klay and Andre
    Yeah, the Bulls were super ing athletic with Bill Wennington and Luc Longley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA should deflate the basketball so it's harder to shoot. Historically speaking, ratings have an inverse relationship with scoring output. People really buy into defense in basketball when compared to other sports.

MLB is juicing the baseballs--higher ratings. NFL made touching the QB illegal--ratings skyrocket. Higher scoring in NBA-- ratings plummet
    ing what.

Thread Information