Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could easily blow it like they did with PS3. Sony had a much bigger stranglehold on the gaming market back then coming off the dominance of the PS2.
    That's going to be hard to do given how weak the lolbox has been for the last 7 or so years.

Sony started trashing Microsoft by the end of the PS3 life cycle and completely anihilated them with the PS4.

Sony would have to go full re +1 to undo the advantage they hold now.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's going to be hard to do given how weak the lolbox has been for the last 7 or so years.

Sony started trashing Microsoft by the end of the PS3 life cycle and completely anihilated them with the PS4.

They went full re in 2006. XBox went full re in 2013. Seems to be a tick-tock pattern tbh. Pushing ray-tracing could be Playstation's full re moment for 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

a good start to ing up would be to make their console $100 more expensive than their compe ion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a good start to ing up would be to make their console $100 more expensive than their compe ion
    Yeah completely ed the PS3 and XBox One

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Microsoft ed Microsoft by bombing their console announcement and having nearly zero game exclusives.

I would gladly pay an extra 100 if it means non stop triple A games that are not only exclusives but top notch . Microsoft has a studio and developer problem that goes beyond console pricing.

There so much the corpse of Halo can do for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah and the ps2 was the highest selling console ever, sold 5-6 timse as many units as the xbox, and they still lost a ton of ground to microsoft that gen (though it helped that the 360 came out a year before the ps3...)

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No more Flappy Plane?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just totally angry that the backwards compatibility stops at PS4, even though I expected no different all this time. I don't understand, what is the point in not supporting older games? This just takes away more value from the new system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well today AMD unveiled Navi 10 as an RTX 2070 compe or at significantly higher power consumption and $450, so this hype about the PS5 being a system with a really killer gpu just got a ton of cold water thrown on it. That was going to depend on AMD making massive efficiency improvements with the lithography shrink to 7nm, but they're not even as power efficient as the Nvidia gpus on 12nm. To even hit a $500 price point with the current gpu price inflation I can't imagine seeing anything better than GTX 1660 performance. So we're probably looking at PS5 being 40-50% more powerful on the gpu side than PS4 Pro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PoorStation 5 devkits look like tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PoorStation 5 devkits look like tbh

At least they recognize it and might go back to the drawing board or at the very least tweak their .

The PS5 was rush, imo. I know they've been kind of working on it behind closed doors but they just officially announced it last year with a 2020 release in mind. That always had the potential to crash and burn to me.

I'm happy with the PS4 and I will keep it as long as I can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least they recognize it and might go back to the drawing board or at the very least tweak their .

The PS5 was rush, imo. I know they've been kind of working on it behind closed doors but they just officially announced it last year with a 2020 release in mind. That always had the potential to crash and burn to me.

I'm happy with the PS4 and I will keep it as long as I can.
    The PS4 cpu just sucks and completely bottlenecks the gpu in the PS4 Pro. PS5's cpu should put 1080p60 on the table. What development was Sony doing though? AMD is the one who did the heavy lifting. Hopefully Dear Leader goes down in flames November 2020 and Sony is willing to take the hit for a few months until a new president cancels those re ed tariffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The PS4 cpu just sucks and completely bottlenecks the gpu in the PS4 Pro. PS5's cpu should put 1080p60 on the table. What development was Sony doing though? AMD is the one who did the heavy lifting. Hopefully Dear Leader goes down in flames November 2020 and Sony is willing to take the hit for a few months until a new president cancels those re ed tariffs.
    i dont know what any of that means but i know when i press the button, it turns on, i can play my games without issue, and the games are fun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that guy mentions a rumor that it might be backwards compatible beyond just the ps4. that would be insane. if i can pop in ps3/ps2 disks in the ps5... that definitely makes it worth a day 1 purchase for me imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that guy mentions a rumor that it might be backwards compatible beyond just the ps4. that would be insane. if i can pop in ps3/ps2 disks in the ps5... that definitely makes it worth a day 1 purchase for me imo
    I'd be absolutely ing floored if it had PS3 BC. And almost as shocked if it had PS2 BC since Sony wants you to buy the digital versions of PS2 Classics with trophy support added in, not using discs you picked up at Goodwill for a dollar.

The proprietary SSD would also give me pause for using PS5 as a PS2/PS3/PS4 replacement, especially if the er is soldered in and/or bound to the console (like the blu-ray drive in the PS3 or the hard drive in the OG XBox), making it not something I could easily replace like we can the PS3/PS4 hard drives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as long as it plays the game when i put the disc in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as long as it plays the game when i put the disc in
    I'm going to be pissed if my digital PS4 library doesn't carry over to PS5, since I just buy whichever is cheaper between digital and physical for my PS4 games.

Also you don't have any digital PS3 games? I have about a billion of them. I only put CFW on my PS3 to play Japanese games I couldn't buy from PSN like 龍が如く維新!and Nier Replicant.

I guess if PS5 supports replaceable internal hard drives then I'd consider moving my old libraries onto it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to be pissed if my digital PS4 library doesn't carry over to PS5, since I just buy whichever is cheaper between digital and physical for my PS4 games.

Also you don't have any digital PS3 games? I have about a billion of them. I only put CFW on my PS3 to play Japanese games I couldn't buy from PSN like 龍が如く維新!and Nier Replicant.

I guess if PS5 supports replaceable internal hard drives then I'd consider moving my old libraries onto it.
    oh, i'm sure if it will play the discs, they'll honor the digital versions. i was just giving a dumbed down comment of "as long i can play my games on the console, i'm happy"...

you know when in the movies, there's the smart guy breaking down all the potential problems with a new device, and then theres the idiot with the actual decision making power who says BUT WILL IT WORK? i'm that idiot.

all the hardware mumbo jumbo doesnt move me. if the console lets me play good games, i'm happy with it.

and to answer your question, i dont have many digital ps3 games. i have infamous 1 and a remaster of max payne, as far as i remember. that and some DLCs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Major Blow To Sony’s Upcoming PlayStation 5, Microsoft Announces PlayStation 6

Sony made waves last month when chief architect Mike Cerny gave a first look at the specs for the next-gen successor to the PlayStation 4, making them the first to throw their hat in the ring for the next round of console wars. But all that excitement just fell by the wayside because today, in a major blow to Sony’s upcoming plans for the PlayStation 5, Microsoft announced its new console: the PlayStation 6.

If you are working at Sony, you can’t be happy about this.

The PlayStation 4 has both a rabid fanbase and by far the biggest market share for gaming consoles, currently more than the Xbox One and Switch combined, so for Microsoft to scoop Sony on the next generation of PlayStation is a huge setback. Not only will the PlayStation 6 boast 10th-generation graphics and performance that the ninth generation PS5 can’t match, but Microsoft has also positioned itself to capitalize on the built-in 90-million-person user base of the PlayStation Network.

The PlayStation 6 will also seriously upend Sony’s former dominance in the software department, giving Microsoft access to the huge array of popular PlayStation-exclusive les such as Uncharted and God Of War. If that wasn’t a big enough slap in the face to Sony, it was revealed during the announcement that the PlayStation 6 will be backwards compatible with all PlayStation games, including the PlayStation 5. Ouch. After the struggles of the Xbox One, Microsoft needed to swing for the fences, and it looks like they just hit it out of the park.

It remains to be seen how Sony responds to getting leapfrogged by Microsoft like this. Some Sony fanboys are already insisting the PlayStation 5 will be better than the PlayStation 6, but it’s going to be a hard sell when the 5 is inferior in every technological sense and has no exclusive games. Sony’s best hope to stay relevant may be appealing to completionist gamers who will want to own both a PlayStation 5 and a PlayStation 6, but no matter what happens, it seems like they will be fighting for second place. By losing out on the next generation of PlayStations to Microsoft, Sony’s place at the top of the console market may have just come to an end.

https://ogn.theonion.com/in-major-bl...oso-1834895267

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PS5 is rumored to have a 9.2 TFLOPS gpu, which would put it at RX 5700 XT power. This has gotta be bull right? How could you possibly make a console with an 8C/16T Zen 3 cpu (already officially confirmed), an SSD (officially confirmed) that I can't imagine will be anything other than 1TB, and then a 5700 XT level gpu and not completely lose your ass selling it for $500? Especially when there is likely to be 12-16 GB of 14GBps GDDR6 RAM in it? Phil Spencer already confirmed a gpu twice as strong as the one in the XBox One X will be in the high end version of the next XBox, so if he means raw gpu power he'd be talking 12 TFLOPS which really sounds hard to believe too.

These leaks about the new consoles don't add up at all. I mean are PC gamers getting ed that viciously on hardware prices?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    All that just to play a CD?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would love to answer some of that, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many micheladas for the info?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Letss meet and talk about it my . You’re like 30 minutes away. Provided you still live in NJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Letss meet and talk about it my . You’re like 30 minutes away. Provided you still live in NJ.
    Live in Los Angeles now, currently visiting family in the Rio Grande Valley, and this particular weekend in San Antonio

Thread Information