Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Figured it would.

Looks like I'm getting a PS5 earlier than I would have thought. What with the free 2000 we're about to get from old Joe and all.
    Probably need to spend more than half that check if you want to get one. Microsoft said they won't meet demand until around April and no one even gives a about the Series X, so no way you're walking into a Best Buy and getting a PS5 any time soon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably need to spend more than half that check if you want to get one. Microsoft said they won't meet demand until around April and no one even gives a about the Series X, so no way you're walking into a Best Buy and getting a PS5 any time soon.
    lol I'm a never lolbox. You can give me one for free and I'd pee on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AMD says to expect stock shortages into 2H 2021. Still ing pissed I got screwed out of my PS5 by Best Buy ing up on the 2FA emails when I had one checked out.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AMD says to expect stock shortages into 2H 2021. Still ing pissed I got screwed out of my PS5 by Best Buy ing up on the 2FA emails when I had one checked out.
    goddamn hedge funds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know about the Xbox, I had 3 of them available to me recently and declined, all at retail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you have it, Control Ultimate Edition and Destruction All Stars are free plus games this month, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you have it, Control Ultimate Edition and Destruction All Stars are free plus games this month, tbh...
    Way easier to snag COVID vaccine appointments than a ing PS5. Restocks are so few and far between.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way easier to snag COVID vaccine appointments than a ing PS5. Restocks are so few and far between.
    I think you only want it because you can’t get it.

Otherwise, there is little reason to get one at this moment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say though, I would rather play say Resident Evil Village on it rather than poorstation 4.

That game looks ing amazing and shouldn’t be wasted on nearly obsolete consoles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you only want it because you can’t get it.

Otherwise, there is little reason to get one at this moment.
    More like I know there are eventually going to be a lot of games I want for the system. Combine that with the expectation that 5nm and 3nm processes aren't going to offer any cost per transistor savings and there is no real reason to be patient. If there is no cost per transistor savings from process shrinks there will be no PS5 Slim for deeply discounted price and no PS5 Pro period. If cost per transistor really is going to be flat going from 7nm to 5nm and 3nm the only room for savings will be on power supply, heatsink, case, and ssd. Not enough there to really lower PS5 price much over the generation so might as well buy early unless you're dead set on having a smaller console when the Slim comes.

Also these are going to be a to find until at least the summer according to AMD.

So might as well buy now and enjoy Ghost of Tsushima at 60 fps, Judgement and Yakuza 6 without frame drops, another playthrough of God of War at 60 fps, etc. And maybe pick up Spiderman to play at 60 fps with RT.

Just no reason to be a patient gamer on the hardware side when the one thing that has made hardware cheap in the past, node shrinks, looks unlikely to make this generation's consoles significantly cheaper over the gen.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-03-2021 at 01:38 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like I know there are eventually going to be a lot of games I want for the system. Combine that with the expectation that 5nm and 3nm processes aren't going to offer any cost per transistor savings and there is no real reason to be patient. If there is no cost per transistor savings from process shrinks there will be no PS5 Slim for deeply discounted price and no PS5 Pro period. If cost per transistor really is going to be flat going from 7nm to 5nm and 3nm the only room for savings will be on power supply, heatsink, case, and ssd. Not enough there to really lower PS5 price much over the generation so might as well buy early unless you're dead set on having a smaller console when the Slim comes.

Also these are going to be a to find until at least the summer according to AMD.

So might as well buy now and enjoy Ghost of Tsushima at 60 fps, Judgement and Yakuza 6 without frame drops, another playthrough of God of War at 60 fps, etc. And maybe pick up Spiderman to play at 60 fps with RT.

Just no reason to be a patient gamer on the hardware side when the one thing that has made hardware cheap in the past, node shrinks, looks unlikely to make this generation's consoles significantly cheaper over the gen.
    For me it’s not about the money. 500 is dirt cheap considering these things used to run you nearly a thousand when you include taxes, games and accessories etc.

I personally don’t do waiting for price drops. I’m one of those fools who pay full price for games and stuff. But...

you have to make it worth it and back the system up with grade A games. Which is never the case hence why I don’t mind waiting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me it’s not about the money. 500 is dirt cheap considering these things used to run you nearly a thousand when you include taxes, games and accessories etc.

I personally don’t do waiting for price drops. I’m one of those fools who pay full price for games and stuff. But...

you have to make it worth it and back the system up with grade A games. Which is never the case hence why I don’t mind waiting.
    When did these things ever run you $1000? Only time we have seen a system anywhere near that was the $199 Atari 2600 in 1977, which would be $850 in today's money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When did these things ever run you $1000? Only time we have seen a system anywhere near that was the $199 Atari 2600 in 1977, which would be $850 in today's money.
    Neo Geo was released in the US at $650 in the early 90s. I never met a single person who owned one of those though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PS3 for one. And I said nearly with accessories and games.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    roflroflroflrofl

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demon souls on ps5 is incredible

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i bet it is .... one of the main reasons i want a ps5 tbh.

supposed to be in stock again today at walmart at 3pm EST. immediately went to "this item will be back at 3:10 EST." is there literally anyone that's not a bot that is able to snag one? i refresh constantly before the time and still as soon as the clock hit 3 it was out. FML

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    and as anyone could guess, nothing at 3:10 and now says will be in stock at 3:20. the add to cart button was briefly there but when i clicked it it was already out of stock

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and as anyone could guess, nothing at 3:10 and now says will be in stock at 3:20. the add to cart button was briefly there but when i clicked it it was already out of stock
    I'm guessing this is automated and stocking won't happen for days or probably even weeks. They do this to string people along for traffic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add to cart link for disc version:

https://affil.walmart.com/cart/buynow?items=363472942

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FFFFUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK I have had it in the cart twice and got kicked at 3:10 when it asked me to reinput my password then at 3:20 in the time it took to enter my security code

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing this is automated and stocking won't happen for days or probably even weeks. They do this to string people along for traffic.
    Says these will come by Feb 27th when I have gotten them in my checkout

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyways, try that direct link I posted. I have gotten the er in my shopping cart 3 times but never managed to actually complete the order yet. Looks like another chance at 3:40 EST

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll try one more time in 2 minutes and then when that fails go play Yakuza 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow I actually got the order placed, now I'm sure they'll cancel in a week

Thread Information