Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have 2 PS5s. Got both about the same time, was only trying to get one lol.
    That ain't

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please

More than half of them worked fine so this guy is making a real profit here. People are dumb as . They sell them as defective but in reality they work just fine.

I'm starting to think maybe I should buy a used one myself. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have... nevermind..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please

More than half of them worked fine so this guy is making a real profit here. People are dumb as . They sell them as defective but in reality they work just fine.

He paid $550 for each of these 'salvaged' units though... that's a lot of dough for something that might be not just broken but out of warranty as well...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please

Jesus Christ, just buy the Gamestop bundle the next time it comes in stock. No reason to pay over MSRP for a PS5 that was someone else's problem.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ, just buy the Gamestop bundle the next time it comes in stock. No reason to pay over MSRP for a PS5 that was someone else's problem.
    Relax.

I would never buy a used console. I will keep trying PS direct when I can and wait until late summer to see where things stand. I’m not buying a bloated system with unnecessary accessories.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Relax.

I would never buy a used console. I will keep trying PS direct when I can and wait until late summer to see where things stand. I’m not buying a bloated system with unnecessary accessories.
    Sounded desperate there. I doubt that guy is making money spending $550 each and only getting 6/13 working. You can get them brand new in the ~$800 range on ebay so no way he's getting more than $700 for the untested personally refurbished ones he's selling. I doubt he'd get more than $350 for the ones broken for parts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounded desperate there. I doubt that guy is making money spending $550 each and only getting 6/13 working. You can get them brand new in the ~$800 range on ebay so no way he's getting more than $700 for the untested personally refurbished ones he's selling. I doubt he'd get more than $350 for the ones broken for parts.
    Umm I am desperate. Just not desperate and dumb enough to over pay for a console. I am warming up to the idea of a bundle package though. Let’s see what GameStop comes up with next.

I’m ok with two games but not so high on the extra controller. It’s redundant as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm I am desperate. Just not desperate and dumb enough to over pay for a console. I am warming up to the idea of a bundle package though. Let’s see what GameStop comes up with next.

I’m ok with two games but not so high on the extra controller. It’s redundant as .
    I'd still take that over paying a scalper $650 and you don't get a warranty on a piece of hardware you're being an early adopter for. You should be able to sell the DualSense unopened for around $50 on ebay and even if one of the games is crap, like NBA 2k21, you'll still be able to sell it online for $45 or so.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    At this point, I just want a PS5 because it's hard to get. Kind if ridiculous that it's being sold for a $300+ markup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I wonder how much the Suez Canal being blocked for weeks is going to affect PS5 shipments to the US. Never did see if mine came in on the east coast or west coast, as first notification I got with mine was when it got to Memphis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I wonder how much the Suez Canal being blocked for weeks is going to affect PS5 shipments to the US. Never did see if mine came in on the east coast or west coast, as first notification I got with mine was when it got to Memphis.
    Wanted to save this neat surprise for when I actually got it in hand but I've got a neat surprise here..

Was able to buy the 3 game, 2 controller bundle from gamestop that dropped on March 25th. Ended up paying nearly the thousand bucks I didn't wanna pay. Bundle was priced at 760 dollars but shipping, taxes, etc it ran me 829 dollars in total to be exact. Sucks because the games aren't that great but oh well, I got it and it looks like I'm getting fast

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wanted to save this neat surprise for when I actually got it in hand but I've got a neat surprise here..

Was able to buy the 3 game, 2 controller bundle from gamestop that dropped on March 25th. Ended up paying nearly the thousand bucks I didn't wanna pay. Bundle was priced at 760 dollars but shipping, taxes, etc it ran me 829 dollars in total to be exact. Sucks because the games aren't that great but oh well, I got it and it looks like I'm getting fast
    Nice. What games? Still a much better deal than buying off a scalper since you have a warranty and can just sell the extra controller and any games you don't want.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. What games? Still a much better deal than buying off a scalper since you have a warranty and can just sell the extra controller and any games you don't want.
    Miles Morales, Avengers and Hitman 3.

I actually already own hitman 3 on PS4. I thought about reselling the extra controller but I keep hearing some horror stories about stick drift and how common it is so I’ll just stash it just in case.

You’re right about the warranty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miles Morales, Avengers and Hitman 3.

I actually already own hitman 3 on PS4. I thought about reselling the extra controller but I keep hearing some horror stories about stick drift and how common it is so I’ll just stash it just in case.

You’re right about the warranty.
    Ouch, sucks on Avengers. Pretty ty of Gamestop to bundle that garbage in. Miles Morales looks ing beautiful on PS5, really impressed by the original Spiderman PS5 patch too. Both Spiderman's default to 30 fps quality mode though, gotta go in and change them to 60 fps + RT mode manually.

What are you planning on playing when the system gets in? I'm currently a few hours into Spiderman, pretty awesome game that I'm glad I waited for the PS5 version for. Not sure whether I'll play Yakuza 5, Persona 5 Strikers, or Dragon Quest XI S after. Kind of leaning Dragon Quest. Almost bought Yakuza Like a Dragon but then thought I still want to play 5 & 6 first so maybe Like a Dragon will be cheap by the time I get around to wanting to play it. I doubt I'll buy Nier Replicant since like Demon's Souls, I played the out of it on PS3 and will wait until both are kind of cheap to buy them. I do think Replicant has an even better story than Automata though, and with much better characters. Combat is a lot better in Automata, though I think Platinum is working on the Replicant Remaster so maybe they brought their combat system to Replicant too? That would be killer. If you ever play Replicant a lot of weird in Automata will make sense, like Emil or Project Gestalt or the wood masks the robots were all wearing in that robot orgy in the desert.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you planning on playing when the system gets in? I'm currently a few hours into Spiderman, pretty awesome game that I'm glad I waited for the PS5 version for. Not sure whether I'll play Yakuza 5, Persona 5 Strikers, or Dragon Quest XI S after. Kind of leaning Dragon Quest. Almost bought Yakuza Like a Dragon but then thought I still want to play 5 & 6 first so maybe Like a Dragon will be cheap by the time I get around to wanting to play it. I doubt I'll buy Nier Replicant since like Demon's Souls, I played the out of it on PS3 and will wait until both are kind of cheap to buy them. I do think Replicant has an even better story than Automata though, and with much better characters. Combat is a lot better in Automata, though I think Platinum is working on the Replicant Remaster so maybe they brought their combat system to Replicant too? That would be killer. If you ever play Replicant a lot of weird in Automata will make sense, like Emil or Project Gestalt or the wood masks the robots were all wearing in that robot orgy in the desert.
    Umm that's an interesting question. I already went ahead and ordered Persona 5 Strikers via Amazon.

I have such a ridiculous amount of games on my backlog that it's a bit overwhelming. I have a strong itch to play God of War 4 again but then I already played, collected everything, platted it, so not much I can do with it.

I think I want to try the new haptic feedback on this new iteration of the controller on the PS5 so I'm probably going to finish out the last Wolfenstein game I have yet to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm that's an interesting question. I already went ahead and ordered Persona 5 Strikers via Amazon.

I have such a ridiculous amount of games on my backlog that it's a bit overwhelming. I have a strong itch to play God of War 4 again but then I already played, collected everything, platted it, so not much I can do with it.

I think I want to try the new haptic feedback on this new iteration of the controller on the PS5 so I'm probably going to finish out the last Wolfenstein game I have yet to play.
    If you don't have Persona 5 Royal, it's $30 right now at Gamestop. I think that has a 4k mode but it's still 30 fps.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you don't have Persona 5 Royal, it's $30 right now at Gamestop. I think that has a 4k mode but it's still 30 fps.
    Nah, I'll pass on that one. That does feel like a bit of an overkill with 3 Persona games that have the same number. At least Strikers has an entire new story and new gameplay mechanic which in fact was what attracted me to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ouch, sucks on Avengers. Pretty ty of Gamestop to bundle that garbage in. Miles Morales looks ing beautiful on PS5, really impressed by the original Spiderman PS5 patch too. Both Spiderman's default to 30 fps quality mode though, gotta go in and change them to 60 fps + RT mode manually.

spiderman was a treat. it was the first game i played when i bought my ps4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, I'll pass on that one. That does feel like a bit of an overkill with 3 Persona games that have the same number. At least Strikers has an entire new story and new gameplay mechanic which in fact was what attracted me to it.
    OK but Royal has a kind of wild story in the new year too

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Neat.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

Damn you my ass will be waiting for 2 more weeks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn you my ass will be waiting for 2 more weeks
    Bend over, your ass won't have to wait two weeks.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Bend over, your ass won't have to wait two weeks.
    For something as big as a PS5 I will

Thread Information