Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1582
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Joseph Kony which version did you end up getting? Digital?

You're not thrown off by the ease in which Sony just said they will shut down the PS store for the PS3? This is my main concern with going full digital. You're literally at their mercy. They can ban you, shut off store at whatever point and you'd be screwed.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're not thrown off by the ease in which Sony just said they will shut down the PS store for the PS3? This is my main concern with going full digital. You're literally at their mercy. They can ban you, shut off store at whatever point and you'd be screwed.
    I look at it as renting with the idea that I'll always hack my console at the end of the generation. Eg I hacked my Vita, PS2, and PS3 and would have hacked my PS4 had I not sold it. At least for Sony consoles since game prices are reasonable. Nintendo I'll hack the second a hack is released since all good Nintendo games basically stay full price forever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I look at it as renting with the idea that I'll always hack my console at the end of the generation. Eg I hacked my Vita, PS2, and PS3 and would have hacked my PS4 had I not sold it. At least for Sony consoles since game prices are reasonable. Nintendo I'll hack the second a hack is released since all good Nintendo games basically stay full price forever.
    Been watching too many CMOS youtube clips and how Sony has this time bomb on all their consoles just ready to go off. Creeps me out.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

i did get the digital but i had not considered that. but tbh not really worried about it. not once in the last 5+ years have i wanted to play something on my ps3, so i'm sure when we get to the point of being obsolete I probably wont really mind if they pull the plug in 10 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono What’s your verdict on the 3D Pulse wireless headset? Amazon is gonna have it in stock in a few days and I may be thinking about getting it if it’s good for more than just gaming. Can I like say, use it for music too?
    Don't have it and haven't tried it, sorry. I'm a big fan of Bose in general, that's what I normally use (I have two QC35s, one for home, one for travel). I also have an old Sol Republic wired headphone which has always been really good and are easy to fix up since all parts are replaceable.

Sony headsets are really good when you go to the high end, but not sure where that 3D Pulse sits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i did get the digital but i had not considered that. but tbh not really worried about it. not once in the last 5+ years have i wanted to play something on my ps3, so i'm sure when we get to the point of being obsolete I probably wont really mind if they pull the plug in 10 years
    If you ever do, any PS3 can run homebrew now. Or if you have a Fat or CEHC-20xx or CECH-21xx Slim, you can put full custom firmware on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been watching too many CMOS youtube clips and how Sony has this time bomb on all their consoles just ready to go off. Creeps me out.
    See that s you on disc games as well as digital though on PS4. It wouldn't be hard to swap out the batteries though and at least by the time those batteries start dying off you'll probably be able to use a homebrew enabler (eg hack the system) to fix the system clock. I would say to set your PS4 to never connect to PSN and never check for updates, never install updates though.

Though I always laugh at people who think their disc versions of games are superior because digital stores can be taken down. Because once you can't download your digital games anymore (which is probably still 3-5 years away on PS3) you wouldn't be able to download updates either. And no one wants to play the broken versions of games on the disc. Imagine playing the disc version of Bloodborne or even worse Cyberpunk. You only really preserve your game physically if it's one of the rare complete editions with everything on disc since those are usually patched to good versions by the time they release.

But ever since the 360 / PS3 / Wii generation, piracy is the only way to have the games in perpetuity.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 04-11-2021 at 05:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New PS5 firmware dropping tomorrow will allow you to download PS5 games to an external drive and then transfer them to the SSD later. About ing time, XBox Series has had this since Day 1. Good, now I have no reason to buy a secondary NVME drive for the system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New PS5 firmware dropping tomorrow will allow you to download PS5 games to an external drive and then transfer them to the SSD later. About ing time, XBox Series has had this since Day 1. Good, now I have no reason to buy a secondary NVME drive for the system.
    Haven't even looked at a 2nd drive for the PS5 but the PS4 has one. It's a pain in the ass to use, since you have to detach it in software before powering down else you have to repair it each time you boot up. Makes sense from a thumb drive perspective though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you get a rebuilding database once the firmware installed? That’s weird cuz I never had that happened after an update on the PS4. I thought you only needed to do that when the console was acting up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you get a rebuilding database once the firmware installed? That’s weird cuz I never had that happened after an update on the PS4. I thought you only needed to do that when the console was acting up?
    Yeah I did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart trailer today. looks like a Pixar movie, but wish it showed more gameplay. Probably still will get this around launch, as Insomniac always comes correct with their releases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart trailer today. looks like a Pixar movie, but wish it showed more gameplay. Probably still will get this around launch, as Insomniac always comes correct with their releases.

"gameplay trailer"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    State of Play this Thursday is probably going to show actual gameplay. Or I should say they better.

EDIT:

Yep

https://www.polygon.com/22403580/sta...ank-rift-apart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I counted a good 8 seconds or so of gameplay

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PS5 apply update, brick your .

Sony is so unreliable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PS5 apply update, brick your .

Sony is so unreliable.
    ???

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Network melted the minute I applied and installed an update. Couldn't log back in for like an hour. All's good now though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Girlfriend Reviews does Returnal

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Any of my fellow PS5 owners having the same issue as me? I've noticed pretty frequently when i put it into rest mode and come back, its off, and it boots up like i had unplugged it without turning it off first. starting to get pretty annoying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any of my fellow PS5 owners having the same issue as me? I've noticed pretty frequently when i put it into rest mode and come back, its off, and it boots up like i had unplugged it without turning it off first. starting to get pretty annoying
    Like it's scanning your filesystem for errors and taking forever or something?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like that feature has never worked for Playstation.

I have always had problems with it when I use rest mode for whatever reason. Once I did a 24 hour race on Project Cars, played, paused it, put the PS4 on rest mode and next day, game or whole system froze. Lost about 15 hours worth of the race.

There is always an issue with the mode. that.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Like it's scanning your filesystem for errors and taking forever or something?
    yeah, like it's doing the whole deal it does when the power is unplugged, scanning for errors and restarting. i googled it and apparently it's a random issue, hopefully there's an update that will fix it at some point because there's definitely nothing wrong with the power. My PS4 has been in rest mode for weeks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't run into it myself, but not the first time I hear about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, like it's doing the whole deal it does when the power is unplugged, scanning for errors and restarting. i googled it and apparently it's a random issue, hopefully there's an update that will fix it at some point because there's definitely nothing wrong with the power. My PS4 has been in rest mode for weeks
    Damn man you should sell that PS4 while it has some resale value right now.

Thread Information