Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL what? PS2 is probably the GOAT gaming library of any console.
    i would be thrilled if they announced full BP. i still have a decent collection on ps3 and ps2 games (much crappier one for PS1)... but would be great to be able to play them all off one console instead of having to reconnect an old, ty, dusty console that im storing just to play an old game for an hour or two

agreed on PS2 library. theres a reason its the highest selling console of all time, even including things like game boy

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would be thrilled if they announced full BP. i still have a decent collection on ps3 and ps2 games (much crappier one for PS1)... but would be great to be able to play them all off one console instead of having to reconnect an old, ty, dusty console that im storing just to play an old game for an hour or two

agreed on PS2 library. theres a reason its the highest selling console of all time, even including things like game boy
    I would still guess it's a real longshot to get more than PS4 BC. At least now they won't remove it later on like they did with PS2 BC on PS3 since it doesn't need extra hardware. Though maybe we'll get partial PS3 BC like XB1 does for 360 where the more popular games get XB1 ports that download to your hard drive the first time you put a 360 disc in for a supported game. For PS2 I know the PS2 Classics they did for PS4 were upscaled and added trophy support, and you had to buy them off PSN. So I'd imagine that's the best you'll get for PS2 BC in the PS5. God would I love full PS2 emulation in PS5 though. PS1 I don't care since I can do that on my PS3 or my Vita. PS2 I care about though since component input is being quickly phased out of TVs and there is no really good HDMI solution for hooking up a PS2 AFAIK.

What I'm really hoping for out of PS5 is that the 2020 PS4 lineup gets 60 fps + higher resolution patches for PS5 that are free if you own the PS4 version of the game. It would make sense since PS4 has a ridiculously strong 2020 lineup but launch les for PS5 will likely be pretty crap just like they were for PS4 and PS3. I mean we still don't even know any launch les for PS5. So Sony could use the strong 2020 PS4 lineup as a de-facto PS5 launch library. Not like I'll ever get through all the great stuff coming out for PS4 this year by the time PS5 launches anyways.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 01-10-2020 at 01:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would still guess it's a real longshot to get more than PS4 BC. At least now they won't remove it later on like they did with PS2 BC on PS3 since it doesn't need extra hardware. Though maybe we'll get partial PS3 BC like XB1 does for 360 where the more popular games get XB1 ports that download to your hard drive the first time you put a 360 disc in for a supported game. For PS2 I know the PS2 Classics they did for PS4 were upscaled and added trophy support, and you had to buy them off PSN. So I'd imagine that's the best you'll get for PS2 BC in the PS5. God would I love full PS2 emulation in PS5 though. PS1 I don't care since I can do that on my PS3 or my Vita. PS2 I care about though since component input is being quickly phased out of TVs and there is no really good HDMI solution for hooking up a PS2 AFAIK.

What I'm really hoping for out of PS5 is that the 2020 PS4 lineup gets 60 fps + higher resolution patches for PS5 that are free if you own the PS4 version of the game. It would make sense since PS4 has a ridiculously strong 2020 lineup but launch les for PS5 will likely be pretty crap just like they were for PS4 and PS3. I mean we still don't even know any launch les for PS5. So Sony could use the strong 2020 PS4 lineup as a de-facto PS5 launch library. Not like I'll ever get through all the great stuff coming out for PS4 this year by the time PS5 launches anyways.
    are there any PS4 games that you'd care for a full on remaster of?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are there any PS4 games that you'd care for a full on remaster of?
    Not really, but I'd love to see 60 fps patches for games like Bloodborne, God of War, NieR Automata, Horizon Zero Dawn, Control, The Witcher 3, Dying Light, Uncharted 4, plus the upcoming 2020 PS4 lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really, but I'd love to see 60 fps patches for games like Bloodborne, God of War, NieR Automata, Horizon Zero Dawn, Control, The Witcher 3, Dying Light, Uncharted 4, plus the upcoming 2020 PS4 lineup.
    Sony: Nah. But don't worry, you'll be getting your Shadow of the Colossus remaster and you're going to like it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sony: Nah. But don't worry, you'll be getting your Shadow of the Colossus remaster and you're going to like it.
    The SOTC remake on PS4 is actually pretty ing great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The SOTC remake on PS4 is actually pretty ing great.
    i picked that up some time ago, its on my backlog

(ive never played any version of the game... i know its a classic)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i picked that up some time ago, its on my backlog

(ive never played any version of the game... i know its a classic)
    PS2 version has aged badly but the remake is pretty impressive. Controls are still pretty similar to PS2 though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sony is in full don’t give a mode. They’re skipping the 2020 E3 event again.

They got so much clout that they can do this and not lose out over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sony is in full don’t give a mode. They’re skipping the 2020 E3 event again.

They got so much clout that they can do this and not lose out over it.
    It's stupid. Their E3 presentations were amazing for showing off the games in actual gamplay instead of crap ads and cutscenes like they show in the State of Plays. E3 2016 is the whole reason I bought a PS4. I could actually see in real gameplay that these franchises I had never played were awesome. The normal heavily edited presentations everyone else does are dime a dozen and don't get me hyped to buy a game I wasn't already 100% sold on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's stupid. Their E3 presentations were amazing for showing off the games in actual gamplay instead of crap ads and cutscenes like they show in the State of Plays. E3 2016 is the whole reason I bought a PS4. I could actually see in real gameplay that these franchises I had never played were awesome. The normal heavily edited presentations everyone else does are dime a dozen and don't get me hyped to buy a game I wasn't already 100% sold on.
    I think Sony is content with doing their own show. They have state of play and the Tokyo game show all to themselves, no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Sony is content with doing their own show. They have state of play and the Tokyo game show all to themselves, no?
    State of Plays are ing crap every time they do them. Sony was the one company that actually did compelling E3 shows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate state of play. I think it's terrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I gotta be the only one who thought Sony's 2018 E3 was awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like PS5 may get an official reveal on February 5th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like PS5 may get an official reveal on February 5th.
    i know you dont think its likely but im still keeping fingers crossed for complete backwards compatibility

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the new sony boses are stupid and have zero touch. Might move to PC or Xbox for next gen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the new sony boses are stupid and have zero touch. Might move to PC or Xbox for next gen
    Terrible time to go PC with the cost of gpus. Nvidia took the straight midrange from $250 to $400 this gen and AMD followed suit. And they're not very impressive cards compared to the better priced Pascal lineup from 2016. Most PC components are priced pretty well now (especially cpu and ssd), but the gpu prices suck and it's doubtful these cards are going to hold up well over the generation if the new console baseline is the rumored RX 5700 XT level gpu for the PS5. If you want something more powerful than the rumored PS5 gpu you're looking at $500 US for the RTX 2070 Super at the minimum.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not gonna be an early adapter this time around. Probably won’t be at all but if it’s cheap..who knows.

But if they go back to the crossbar PS3 style I just might buy it from the jump. I still use my PS3 as media. The thing plays music in the background while you do something else and the way it plays video it’s still king. The PS4 is such compare to the way the PS3 does. Also can copy files to the hard drive which you can’t do on the PS4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not gonna be an early adapter this time around. Probably won’t be at all but if it’s cheap..who knows.

But if they go back to the crossbar PS3 style I just might buy it from the jump. I still use my PS3 as media. The thing plays music in the background while you do something else and the way it plays video it’s still king. The PS4 is such compare to the way the PS3 does. Also can copy files to the hard drive which you can’t do on the PS4.
    This one actually looks like it might be worth it though. PS4 was lousy hardware even by the standards of 2013 and PS3 was just terrible design for a gaming console from the ridiculous cpu to not having unified memory (which was probably 360's biggest ace in the hole that gen). But PS5 looks powerful and it looks like it's somewhat of a familiar platform to program for since it's looking like a very upgraded PS4. Maybe the leaks are all bull and this will end up with disappointing hardware just like PS4 did, but respected journalists in the field seem to think the leaks could be legit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know you dont think its likely but im still keeping fingers crossed for complete backwards compatibility
    Might as well hope for XBox BC too in the PS5 then. Hope I can play my Wii games too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well hope for XBox BC too in the PS5 then. Hope I can play my Wii games too.
    How about you go your mother some more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    define 'complete backwards compatibility'?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    define 'complete backwards compatibility'?
    going back to ps2/3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about you go your mother some more
    Bend over. I'll give you complete backwards compatibility.

Thread Information