Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1582
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Security engineer for a google? this guy
    This guy is responsible for all the recent Vita and PS4 hacks. By recent I mean within the last two years or so.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t it take forever to jailbreak the PS4 and now you have people claiming the PS5 got done in less than a year? Sus, imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's probably legit, but releasing it, when people know who is he is a terrible move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's probably legit, but releasing it, when people know who is he is a terrible move.
    Last few times he was able to exploit the PS4 he reported it to Sony, collected the $10,000 bounty from them, and then made the exploit public six months later per the terms of Sony's bounty program, but never shared any actual code. The last one he publicly released took like two months for someone to implement into a kernel exploit if I remember right. Though he said 7.55 was the last exploit he'd publicly release because he got pissed at all the pirates who nagged him to release code after making that exploit public. And I don't think he worked at Google at the time he released that exploit either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last actual code I remember TheFlow releasing was the Vita firmware downgrader that was the final piece of the puzzle to ensuring any Vita can be softmodded with a coldboot. Until then if you were on 3.66 or higher you'd have to use the hencore exploit to get CFW, but you'd have to run the hack on every boot. After TheFlow's downgrader came out you could go from an hencore exploited system to 3.60 firmware and from there install Enso to have a coldboot, while still being able to play higher firmware games thanks to reF00D.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already played and beat more games on the PS5 than I ever did on the PS4.

I’ve started a new baglog by mass purchasing games I won’t play for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy

Get in here ElNono
    what exactly are we looking at here. i'm a caveman

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy responsible for every PS4 and Vita hack for the last couple of years getting access to debug tools like a devkit or testing kit. Means he is probably able to dump games from Blu-ray and run them, able to use burned blurays, etc. I imagine he'll probably report the exploit to Sony and claim a $10,000 or maybe even $100,000 bounty, and it's possible he might make the exploit public in six months or more if so. He might just tell pirates to go their mothers some more though too, as he was kind of pissed about them nonstop demanding code from him on social media after he made the 7.55 exploit for PS4 public. Honestly, I wouldn't touch CFW with a ten foot pole on a current gen Playstation since you'd be waiting maybe a year to play the newest releases if you're staying on old firmware waiting for a hack to come out. CFW really only makes sense at the end of the gen IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy responsible for every PS4 and Vita hack for the last couple of years getting access to debug tools like a devkit or testing kit. Means he is probably able to dump games from Blu-ray and run them, able to use burned blurays, etc. I imagine he'll probably report the exploit to Sony and claim a $10,000 or maybe even $100,000 bounty, and it's possible he might make the exploit public in six months or more if so. He might just tell pirates to go their mothers some more though too, as he was kind of pissed about them nonstop demanding code from him on social media after he made the 7.55 exploit for PS4 public. Honestly, I wouldn't touch CFW with a ten foot pole on a current gen Playstation since you'd be waiting maybe a year to play the newest releases if you're staying on old firmware waiting for a hack to come out. CFW really only makes sense at the end of the gen IMO.
    Here's the thing with devkit/testkits, they don't have the retail keys. That's why you can't exfiltrate retail keys from them if a bad actor gets ahold of a dev/test kit.

While it looks cool to see that menu on an alleged retail unit, it's basically a gimmick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Sony pay a bounty and let him release it later anyway?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Sony pay a bounty and let him release it later anyway?
    Because it gives Sony six months to get a firmware update out to patch the security hole. It ensures the exploit is patched before release so people aren't using the exploit to cheat on online games for example. And most people will be on higher firmware by the time the exploit releases so Sony won't lose a ton of game sales. There aren't many people who will stay on low firmware to wait for the next hack, especially when each hack might take a year or so to come out. Plus the hackers want credit in the scene for the exploits they find.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono man, if an exploit is released to allow people to install Linux on PS5, how strong of an ETH miner do you think PS5 would be? Because the gpu is quite a bit more powerful than the RX 5700 XT isn't it? And RX 5700 XT is a very heavily used mining gpu. I really hope no exploits are released for a long time, I don't want got miners on PS5 turning the console market into the show the PC gpu market is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono man, if an exploit is released to allow people to install Linux on PS5, how strong of an ETH miner do you think PS5 would be? Because the gpu is quite a bit more powerful than the RX 5700 XT isn't it? And RX 5700 XT is a very heavily used mining gpu. I really hope no exploits are released for a long time, I don't want got miners on PS5 turning the console market into the show the PC gpu market is.
    Technically it would be pretty good, especially because of unified memory, but 3080/3090 are better GPUs on raw power alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Technically it would be pretty good, especially because of unified memory, but 3080/3090 are better GPUs on raw power alone.
    Thought so. I really hope no exploits are released for this system next year. ing miner parasites would kill the gaming industry if they start snatching up all the PS5. At least the scalped systems still make their ways into gamers' hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like PlayStation's Black Friday Sale is coming Friday, November 19th

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 year old system and has like 3 games out.

BTW, I share a birthday with PS5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 year old system and has like 3 games out.

BTW, I share a birthday with PS5.
    Way better first year than PS4. PS4 didn't get good until 2017.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way better first year than PS4. PS4 didn't get good until 2017.
    Way better system overall. I've had a better experience with the PS5 in 5 months than I ever did with the PS4 in it's entire cycle. It just feels ing great with everything working fast and smooth. The Dual Sense is a masterpiece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way better system overall. I've had a better experience with the PS5 in 5 months than I ever did with the PS4 in it's entire cycle. It just feels ing great with everything working fast and smooth. The Dual Sense is a masterpiece.
    Playing at 60 fps is such an upgrade. The load times are nice too but finally having a console with hardware that can output at PoorC framerates feels like the best of both worlds. PlayStation exclusives and PoorC framerates really make this an awesome system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Though TBD if PS5 can ever have as legendary a year as 2017 was for PS4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2017's lineup of PS4 console exclusives was just ridiculous between NieR Automata, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, Yakuza 0, and Nioh. Heard great things about Gravity Rush 2 from that year too, though that one is still in my backlog. As is Uncharted Lost Legacy (picked it up for $2 from Walmart a couple weeks ago).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well now we know why Sony was suing everyone making new covers for PS5. Because they have their own coming out in January and February. And ing $55.

And the new color DualSense controllers are $75. Probably just inflation doing that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gave away one PS5 and sold the other. I don't even use my PS4, can't imagine using the PS5 with the limited offering it has and the fact I have a 3080 sitting right next to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gave away one PS5 and sold the other. I don't even use my PS4, can't imagine using the PS5 with the limited offering it has and the fact I have a 3080 sitting right next to me.
    I'd rather have a badass computer too than a console especially these days.

Thread Information