Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1582
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the way that last warning makes it sound, i shouldnt even be clicking on that link until 2pm EST tomorrow, though some people online said they did so 30 minute or so before the starting time

the warning says you could be locked out... but perhaps its a BS threat?
    Don't look at me, I don't know about that store

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the way that last warning makes it sound, i shouldnt even be clicking on that link until 2pm EST tomorrow, though some people online said they did so 30 minute or so before the starting time

the warning says you could be locked out... but perhaps its a BS threat?
    Just don't buy the digital, that $100 you save up front will be lost many times over paying PSN prices instead of physical game prices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just don't buy the digital, that $100 you save up front will be lost many times over paying PSN prices instead of physical game prices.
    wasnt planning on it. plus i still have PS4 discs that i'd like to play without having to swap consoles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im in the queue. estimated wait time started at "more than an hour" but within 1-2 minutes shrunk to 15 minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    order placed successfully for disk version

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    order placed successfully for disk version
    Congrats. Just in time for Horizon.

Remember to buy the PS4 version for cheaper as it comes with a free PS5 upgrade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats. Just in time for Horizon.

Remember to buy the PS4 version for cheaper as it comes with a free PS5 upgrade.
    im not buying games anytime soon. but yeah i'll try to pull that PS4 upgrade trick as often as i can when time comes to buy the games. or does that offer expire at some point

im already kinda mad that im buying this at launch price, first time ive done so . no way im going to be dropping 60+ per game when i still have a nice backlog. only games id buy for launch price right now would be God of War or GTA 6

or if they remastered Portal/Infamous series'
    Last edited by spurraider21; 02-17-2022 at 03:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im not buying games anytime soon. but yeah i'll try to pull that PS4 upgrade trick as often as i can when time comes to buy the games. or does that offer expire at some point

im already kinda mad that im buying this at launch price, first time ive done so . no way im going to be dropping 60+ per game when i still have a nice backlog. only games id buy for launch price right now would be God of War or GTA 6

or if they remastered Portal/Infamous series'
    The best candidates for goig cheap on PS4 with free PS5 upgrade are Final Fantasy VII Remake, Spiderman Miles Morales, and The Last of Us Part 2. Ghost of Tsushima has a free PS5 upgrade too, but that game has really maintained its price. You can find the GoT Directors Cut PS5 for $40 though and it's highly worth it at that price, as it's extremely impressive at 1800p60 on PS5. Don't feel bad about buying the console full price, as it was going to be really hard for Sony to put out a system much cheaper than $500 even before inflation blew up. Cheap versions of PS3 and PS4 only came because cost per transistor went way down when going to smaller transistor sizes those gens, while Microsoft seems to be forecasting cost per transistor to kind of flatline this gen. If that ends up happening your later gen consoles might have bigger SSD and be smaller while consuming less power, but you wouldn't get a price break. One of the big reasons I bought early this gen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best candidates for goig cheap on PS4 with free PS5 upgrade are Final Fantasy VII Remake, Spiderman Miles Morales, and The Last of Us Part 2. Ghost of Tsushima has a free PS5 upgrade too, but that game has really maintained its price. You can find the GoT Directors Cut PS5 for $40 though and it's highly worth it at that price, as it's extremely impressive at 1800p60 on PS5. Don't feel bad about buying the console full price, as it was going to be really hard for Sony to put out a system much cheaper than $500 even before inflation blew up. Cheap versions of PS3 and PS4 only came because cost per transistor went way down when going to smaller transistor sizes those gens, while Microsoft seems to be forecasting cost per transistor to kind of flatline this gen. If that ends up happening your later gen consoles might have bigger SSD and be smaller while consuming less power, but you wouldn't get a price break. One of the big reasons I bought early this gen.

might look to dump my used PS4, since every game i have is PS5 compatible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

might look to dump my used PS4, since every game i have is PS5 compatible
    Really should once you get that PS5 in hand, as PS4 is never going to go anywhere but down in price. Have you connected online with it lately? If you have stayed on 9.0 or lower it'll really have some nice resale value since it'll be hackable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really should once you get that PS5 in hand, as PS4 is never going to go anywhere but down in price. Have you connected online with it lately? If you have stayed on 9.0 or lower it'll really have some nice resale value since it'll be hackable.
    yeah ive been playing Warzone ... big part of what motivated me to upgrade now

i'll try to sell the console + 2 controllers on marketplace. worst case i can just sell it off the gamestop but for lower price
    Last edited by spurraider21; 02-17-2022 at 04:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you got PS Plus you have already have a bunch of free games waiting for you, as they put a sort of best of PS4 collection for any PS Plus subscriber with a PS5. Off the top of my head the free games list includes God of War, TLOU Part 1, Until Dawn, Days Gone, Persona 5, inFAMOUS Second Son, and there are a few others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i'll try to sell the console + 2 controllers on marketplace. worst case i can just sell it off the gamestop but for lower price
    Here is the full PS Plus Collection you get free with PS Plus on a PS5:

Batman: Arkham Knight
    Battlefield 1
    Bloodborne
    Call of Duty Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles
    Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
    Days Gone
    Detroit: Become Human
    Fallout 4
    Final Fantasy XV
    God of War
    inFAMOUS: Second Son
    The Last Guardian
    The Last of Us Remastered
    Monster Hunter: World
    Mortal Kombat X
    Persona 5
    Ratchet & Clank
    Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    Until Dawn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i do not have PS Plus (warzone is free even to play online)... but from that list ive basically either played those or already own the ones that i would want to play. other than maybe something like monster hunter... but i dont see myself playing that anytime soon either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you do end up going the Gamestop route I highly recommend signing up for their pro membership first. Costs $15 for a year but is the difference between $180 and $198 trade credit or $144 vs $158.40 cash for a 1TB Slim right now while also giving you a $10 Gamestop coupon a couple of days later. You also get a monthly $5 coupon which I use every month to get a $10 PSN card for $5, but Gamestop is trying to get rid of that for obvious reasons and it's not guaranteed to work next month. They really want you to apply that $5 to buying a game in store every month and not a giftcard that they obviously lose money on each time lol. Such a stupid company to ever allow you to apply those coupons to gift cards in the first place.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BB loves his GameStop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GameStop is dog and ripped people off for years on game returns before people figured out how to sell on Amazon. em

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BB loves his GameStop.
    they paid for my copies of Horizon Forbidden West, Elden Ring, Kena, Uncharted PS5, and Deathloop. I'm really going to miss them when they go under because you can exploit the out of their promotions sometimes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GameStop is dog and ripped people off for years on game returns before people figured out how to sell on Amazon. em
    They're very stupid on their promotions sometimes and you can really get over on them, eg buying 360 games for $1 apiece from the pawn shop and then trading them in for $7 to $10 each towards a preorder when they do promotions like $5 extra per game towards a pre-order, like that. Or buying games from Walmart/BestBuy/Target for $20, taking them out of the plastic, and then trading them in as used for $60 to $70 trade credit because of multipliers they'll offer in some promotions when you trade them a bunch of games. They really don't think their promotions through a lot of the time and can be easily exploited. Gamestop can be a real gold mine if you're a cheap ass gamer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SW Old Republic Legacy of the Sith anyone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 days after placing my order the only update ive gotten thru the tracker is "label created"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 days after placing my order the only update ive gotten thru the tracker is "label created"
    I didn't even get that for 3 weeks when I ordered my PS5 from Walmart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't even get that for 3 weeks when I ordered my PS5 from Walmart
    Walmart was selling before they even received inventory lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walmart was selling before they even received inventory lol
    Yeah my was definitely on a boat from China when I placed the order.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah my was definitely on a boat from China when I placed the order.
    I know they’ve had issues with having to cancel orders too.

Thread Information