Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1582
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know they’ve had issues with having to cancel orders too.
    I read Walmart was giving people with cancelled orders one time use codes to preorder their next drop at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it arrived today. neither UPS nor Sony updated the shipping tracker

but after all the talk, the HDMI cable it came with isn't long enough to reach my TV in my setup anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

but after all the talk, the HDMI cable it came with isn't long enough to reach my TV in my setup anyway
    Get a 48Gbps cable then, that way when you upgrade to a 4k120 or 8k60 TV you'll have the right cable. Monoprice and Amazon Basics are good enough, don't have to overspend on a cable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also, does the PS5 work properly with the cable you have installed already? Maybe they did put an 18Gbps cable with your PS4 Slim which would be enough for 4k60. Your TV should tell you if you're running 4k60 mode with the system when you have it turned on. Though if they gave you the same 10.2 GHz HDMI cable that came with the OG PS4 it'll probably run 4k30 if you try to use that cable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get a 48Gbps cable then, that way when you upgrade to a 4k120 or 8k60 TV you'll have the right cable. Monoprice and Amazon Basics are good enough, don't have to overspend on a cable.
    yeah ive learned just to buy cables off amazon. never worth going into a store like best buy for like that. they have smaller selection and price gouge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, does the PS5 work properly with the cable you have installed already? Maybe they did put an 18Gbps cable with your PS4 Slim which would be enough for 4k60. Your TV should tell you if you're running 4k60 mode with the system when you have it turned on. Though if they gave you the same 10.2 GHz HDMI cable that came with the OG PS4 it'll probably run 4k30 if you try to use that cable.
    dont know about "properly"

i have it plugged in now and just doing a data transfer from my PS4. i mean, the screen shows up fine and whatnot, but i havent exactly had an opportunity to test things out in-game yet. im sure it will work just fine when playing a cross-gen game like warzone. but when time comes to play real games... i'll need a better cable most likely, even on a TV that doesnt have HDMI 2.1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont know about "properly"

i have it plugged in now and just doing a data transfer from my PS4. i mean, the screen shows up fine and whatnot, but i havent exactly had an opportunity to test things out in-game yet. im sure it will work just fine when playing a cross-gen game like warzone. but when time comes to play real games... i'll need a better cable most likely, even on a TV that doesnt have HDMI 2.1
    Does your TV show it being 4k60? Does it tell you? My TV and my monitor will both flash the resolution and framerate on the screen when I change inputs so that might be a way to check.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also HDMI 2.0 is enough for 4k60 and HDR with an 18Gbps cable or better. I'm running my PS5 at 4k60 on my monitor whose HDMI inputs are only HDMI 2.0. You only need HDMI 2.1 for 4k120 / 8k60 and for VRR, though the HDMI 2.1 standard is so ed up now that VRR is no longer a necessary feature in HMDI 2.1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does your TV show it being 4k60? Does it tell you? My TV and my monitor will both flash the resolution and framerate on the screen when I change inputs so that might be a way to check.
    dno tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On your PS5 go to Settings -> Screen and Video -> Video Output -> Video Output Information and it'll tell you what signal it's outputting. I don't think it would output 4k60 if you have a lesser cable, it would probably handshake with the TV to output 4k30 or 1080p60 instead, not sure which. Might have to set the PS5 to use 4k initially too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On your PS5 go to Settings -> Screen and Video -> Video Output -> Video Output Information and it'll tell you what signal it's outputting. I don't think it would output 4k60 if you have a lesser cable, it would probably handshake with the TV to output 4k30 or 1080p60 instead, not sure which. Might have to set the PS5 to use 4k initially too.
    data transfer taking its sweet time. will look into it later. im already pretty sure i need to upgrade the cable regardless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    data transfer taking its sweet time. will look into it later. im already pretty sure i need to upgrade the cable regardless
    If you're getting 4k60 you don't need to until you upgrade to a 4k120 or 8k60 TV, and those are only HDMI 2.1 since HDMI 2.0 can't handle that. I think with HDMI it's kind of an all or nothing thing. If you're getting 4k60 in the menus you'll get it in games too. If you're not getting 4k60 in games you're not getting it in the menu either.

Also, don't sleep on the Astro's Playroom game that comes pre-installed, it's a really cool game about the history of Playstation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're getting 4k60 you don't need to until you upgrade to a 4k120 or 8k60 TV, and those are only HDMI 2.1 since HDMI 2.0 can't handle that. I think with HDMI it's kind of an all or nothing thing. If you're getting 4k60 in the menus you'll get it in games too. If you're not getting 4k60 in games you're not getting it in the menu either.

Also, don't sleep on the Astro's Playroom game that comes pre-installed, it's a really cool game about the history of Playstation.
    yeah i'll have to see if im getting 4k60. like you said, the wire that came with the PS4 (not pro) might not have the bandwidth to support even that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny going back and reading this thread and seeing all of us who said we wouldn't be early adopters all having a PS5 now. LOL I was thrilled at the thought of a 9.2 TFLOPS gpu in a $500 system and it ended up being a 10.3 TFLOPS gpu in a $500 system instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny going back and reading this thread and seeing all of us who said we wouldn't be early adopters all having a PS5 now. LOL I was thrilled at the thought of a 9.2 TFLOPS gpu in a $500 system and it ended up being a 10.3 TFLOPS gpu in a $500 system instead.
    tbh... if i didnt get sucked into Warzone i wouldnt have had any incentive to upgrade. could have just kept playing out my PS4 backlog just fine. but after playing just 1 session, the difference in performance was night and day, even though Warzone is a PS4 le and not really ps5 optimized. even the sound quality was drastically better using the same headset i already had

i still dont think ill be buying any PS5 games anytime soon, with the exception of God of War whenever that comes out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i didnt even realize that my ps4 couldnt pick up the 5 ghz wifi i have, so it had about 1/3 the DL speed that my PS5 now enjoys. something that didnt matter at all until i started playing online MP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh... if i didnt get sucked into Warzone i wouldnt have had any incentive to upgrade. could have just kept playing out my PS4 backlog just fine. but after playing just 1 session, the difference in performance was night and day, even though Warzone is a PS4 le and not really ps5 optimized. even the sound quality was drastically better using the same headset i already had

i still dont think ill be buying any PS5 games anytime soon, with the exception of God of War whenever that comes out.
    Get Ghost of Tsushima, that 's worth the $40 the Director's Cut goes on sale for a lot and really feels next gen on PS5. Can understand not wanting to pay $60 or $70 though. Only reason I'm buying these $60 games this month is because I basically got Gamestop to pay for them exploiting a trade in promotion in addition to the Walmart next door having all these PS4 and PS5 games on $2 clearance at the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get Ghost of Tsushima, that 's worth the $40 the Director's Cut goes on sale for a lot and really feels next gen on PS5. Can understand not wanting to pay $60 or $70 though. Only reason I'm buying these $60 games this month is because I basically got Gamestop to pay for them exploiting a trade in promotion in addition to the Walmart next door having all these PS4 and PS5 games on $2 clearance at the time.
    on top of the fact that ive exclusively been playing warzone for a few months now, i still have a backlog that will take me more than a year to clean out. no rush to buy games that will inevitably get cheaper. off the top of my head, still have Dark Souls 2 and 3, Days Gone, Nioh, Cyberpunk, Skyrim, Hollow Knight, Yakuza Kiwami, Fallout 4. and those are the longer les, not including Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Bioshock 2/3, blade.

probably have some other ones that im forgetting. still havent played TLOU2... something i'd certainly do before ghost of tsushima anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    on top of the fact that ive exclusively been playing warzone for a few months now, i still have a backlog that will take me more than a year to clean out. no rush to buy games that will inevitably get cheaper. off the top of my head, still have Dark Souls 2 and 3, Days Gone, Nioh, Cyberpunk, Skyrim, Hollow Knight, Yakuza Kiwami, Fallout 4. and those are the longer les, not including Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Bioshock 2/3, blade.

probably have some other ones that im forgetting. still havent played TLOU2... something i'd certainly do before ghost of tsushima anyway
    LOL you say that like you're ever going to complete that backlog. TLOU2 goes on sale a lot for $20 so I'd definitely pick that up and move it to the front.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL you say that like you're ever going to complete that backlog. TLOU2 goes on sale a lot for $20 so I'd definitely pick that up and move it to the front.
    thats my point. serves no purpose to buy more games anytime soon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats my point. serves no purpose to buy more games anytime soon
    Meh I wouldn't let backlogged games like Fallout 4, Bioshock 2, SOTR, Nioh, or Days Gone stop me from playing some of the high end games released the last three years. And Skyrim was unreal when I played it a decade ago but I fear it might not hold up nearly as well in 2022.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    LoU2 is still better than any game I've played since it came out or, before that, since Witcher 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LoU2 is still better than any game I've played since it came out or, before that, since Witcher 3
    You only say that because you got to see some ties from Abby and Yennefer tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    State of Play tomorrow at 4PM CST, supposed to be focuses on 3rd party Japanese developers. No clue what the it could be. Would be nice if there was a Shin Megami Tensei V announcement though, would love to play that at a decent framerate instead of on Switch.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022...-ps5-ps4-games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet it'll largely be about Granblue Fantasy Relink (been waiting for this forever) and Street Fighter 6 (meh).

Thread Information