Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1582
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think those are PSN cards strictly for buying games, not cards that can be applied to PS Plus.
    You can add it to the in store wallet…I think?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can add it to the in store wallet…I think?
    I couldn't do it when I looked to see if I could add PS Plus with a bunch of PSN credit I had a few months ago.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    PS5 in hand. Part of me wants to flip this for $1100 since I haven't gamednsince PS3 tbh. Then I realize I'm not a poor peasant.

Any game recs? I've owned every Gran Turismo so I have to get it most likely ( not sure I want to pay full price). Any top rated games that are already discounted?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PS5 in hand. Part of me wants to flip this for $1100 since I haven't gamednsince PS3 tbh. Then I realize I'm not a poor peasant.

Any game recs? I've owned every Gran Turismo so I have to get it most likely ( not sure I want to pay full price). Any top rated games that are already discounted?
    have you not played any ps4 games? a ton of those were outstanding and hold up well and are dirt cheap. a lot of them also perform even better on the ps5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're way too late to flip for $1100. That was like Christmas 2020 pricing. Judging by today's Sold Listings, you're talking $700 to $750 for a disc version console brand new on ebay these days.

If you haven't played Elden Ring that's a must play. Best game I have played in years. Though I'd either buy digitally or get the PS4 game so you can play the PS4 version of the game through backwards compatibility, which gets you 60 fps on PS5. The PS5 native game drops into the 40s and 50s a lot in performance mode.

The Spiderman games are pretty killer in the 1080p60 mode with raytraced reflections. Note you can't get the PS4 version of Spiderman and get that PS5 upgrade. You can only get the PS5 version of Spiderman by either buying Miles Morales Ultimate Edition, in which case it's a free download, or any other version of Miles Morales, which will let you buy Spiderman Remastered digitally for $20. Also if you have a 120Hz TV that can do HDMI-2.1 VRR the games have a 4k40 mode with raytracing that is supposed to be incredible.

Probably the game I'd recommend most is Ghost of Tsushima. If you play stealth it's like an old school AC game. But if you play samurai style instead of ninja style the sword combat is pretty awesome. Great exploration in the game too. Pretty rock solid 1800p60 in the entire game.

Of course God of War is another must play. runs 4k60 on PS5 if I remember right.

Lots of other incredible stuff. Might look at the Demon's Souls remake too. Still have it in my backlog but it's pretty amazing graphically and I loved the combat in the original Demon's Souls on PS3 and it's supposed to be pretty faithful to the original there. ElNono can vouch for that one.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 05-23-2022 at 06:26 PM.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Last of Us 2 is the best game on Playstation imho. Pretty sure it's got a PS5 enhanced version

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last of Us 2 is the best game on Playstation imho. Pretty sure it's got a PS5 enhanced version
    Great game if you're not an incel offended by strong women, and yeah it did get a 60 fps upgrade for PS5. PS4 version of the first TLOU would be a must play before it too obviously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also there will be a Days of Play sale starting Wednesday, so you'll probably see some price breaks on games like Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, Ghost of Tsushima, Returnal, Demon's Souls Remake, Miles Morales, Final Fantasy VII Remake, The Last of Us Part 2, God of War, Nioh Collection, Devil May Cry 5 PS5, etc. Probably too soon to see official discounts on recently released games like Gran Turismo 7, Horizon Forbidden West, or Elden Ring in this sale. Also Gran Turismo 7 is always online.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also I'd recommend Persona 5 Royal if you like turn based RPG at all. Amazing music and art style and A-Tier turn based combat (gotta go to Shin Megami Tensei games for S-Tier turn based combat though). Don't buy base Persona 5 since Royal has a lot of big enhancements that make the game a lot better and base Persona 5 can't be upgraded to Persona 5 Royal.

The whole Yakuza series is great too and they go on sale all the time. Best to play them in order, eg

Yakuza 0
    Yakuza Kiwami
    Yakuza Kiwami 2
    Yakuza 3-6

Yakuza 0 goes on sale for $5 all the time on PSN. They're beat 'em ups with funny side missions and interesting characters. Haven't played Yakuza Like a Dragon yet but it comes after Yakuza 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Dying Light 2 is disappointing as , nowhere near as good as Dying Light 1. And the main quest is buggy as ing on PS5. Like shouldn't have been released in this state level of bugginess.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    have you not played any ps4 games? a ton of those were outstanding and hold up well and are dirt cheap. a lot of them also perform even better on the ps5
    Literally skipped the entire PS4 generation. Sold my PS3 in like 2016. Gonna have to be selective on what I'm catching up with.

You're way too late to flip for $1100. That was like Christmas 2020 pricing. Judging by today's Sold Listings, you're talking $700 to $750 for a disc version console brand new on ebay these days.

If you haven't played Elden Ring that's a must play. Best game I have played in years. Though I'd either buy digitally or get the PS4 game so you can play the PS4 version of the game through backwards compatibility, which gets you 60 fps on PS5. The PS5 native game drops into the 40s and 50s a lot in performance mode.

The Spiderman games are pretty killer in the 1080p60 mode with raytraced reflections. Note you can't get the PS4 version of Spiderman and get that PS5 upgrade. You can only get the PS5 version of Spiderman by either buying Miles Morales Ultimate Edition, in which case it's a free download, or any other version of Miles Morales, which will let you buy Spiderman Remastered digitally for $20. Also if you have a 120Hz TV that can do HDMI-2.1 VRR the games have a 4k40 mode with raytracing that is supposed to be incredible.

Probably the game I'd recommend most is Ghost of Tsushima. If you play stealth it's like an old school AC game. But if you play samurai style instead of ninja style the sword combat is pretty awesome. Great exploration in the game too. Pretty rock solid 1800p60 in the entire game.

Of course God of War is another must play. runs 4k60 on PS5 if I remember right.

Lots of other incredible stuff. Might look at the Demon's Souls remake too. Still have it in my backlog but it's pretty amazing graphically and I loved the combat in the original Demon's Souls on PS3 and it's supposed to be pretty faithful to the original there. ElNono can vouch for that one.
    I'd only sell the PS5 if something were to take this entire fkin bundle, which seems to be fetching at least $1000. But Im not poor and the PS5 is already set up. Got a 120hz 4K Hisense TV ready to go. Spider-man, GoW, GT7, Demon Souls, TLOU2, already an overload, fack.

And Dying Light 2 is disappointing as , nowhere near as good as Dying Light 1. And the main quest is buggy as ing on PS5. Like shouldn't have been released in this state level of bugginess.
    Fack - I loved DL1. Ah well. I'm still copping that R&C at one point.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Also there will be a Days of Play sale starting Wednesday, so you'll probably see some price breaks on games like Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, Ghost of Tsushima, Returnal, Demon's Souls Remake, Miles Morales, Final Fantasy VII Remake, The Last of Us Part 2, God of War, Nioh Collection, Devil May Cry 5 PS5, etc. Probably too soon to see official discounts on recently released games like Gran Turismo 7, Horizon Forbidden West, or Elden Ring in this sale. Also Gran Turismo 7 is always online.
    Always online? Oh boy - they may have lost me tbh

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Also - are buying used games a thing still? I have Disc edition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally skipped the entire PS4 generation. Sold my PS3 in like 2016. Gonna have to be selective on what I'm catching up with.

I'd only sell the PS5 if something were to take this entire fkin bundle, which seems to be fetching at least $1000. But Im not poor and the PS5 is already set up. Got a 120hz 4K Hisense TV ready to go. Spider-man, GoW, GT7, Demon Souls, TLOU2, already an overload, fack.

spider-man (the one that came out a few years ago, i havent played the miles morales one) and god of war are absolute slam dunks and are going to be dirt cheap.

i havent played TLOU2 yet but by all accounts its outstanding. im pretty sure you could get GoW and Spider-Man for less than 15-20 apiece. they're also not super long games that will feel like a slog even if you are something of a completionist. demon souls will probably require you sink a good amount of hours into it. same with bloodborne (another ps4 masterpiece that you can get dirt cheap).

obviously there are outstanding games that will usually require you to sink 30+ hours into them to get through... but if you want sub 20 hour games that are of outstanding quality, my list would be Spider-Man, God of War, TLOU2* (havent played it myself yet), Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted 4, Resident Evil 2

if you want longer games that are going to cause quite a backlog, you can basically grab the FromSoft catalogue (bloodborne, demon souls, sekiro, dark souls 3, etc)... and a bunch of others like Red Dead 2, Nier Automata, could be quite a long list. by then you're buying games you're not going to get to for at least a year... so id stick to the first list

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to check if it supports HDMI 2.1 VRR. HDMI 2.1 is a cluster that was originally going to require VRR support but has since then dropped it from its specifications. If you don't have VRR I'd probably avoid the 120Hz modes in games because a lot of them will have noticeable frame drops. Of course if you have VRR on the TV that's a different story.

Also, Ghost of Tsushima is IMO the best looking game on PS5 and is an awesome open world. Combat's not as good as God of War but still very solid. I imagine it'll be on sale starting Wednesday.

Me too, DL1 was a 9.5/10 game for me. DL2 is like a 5/10 on PS5. The open world parkour is pretty fun for a while but gets repe ive. The combat is nowhere near as fun since you can't start chopping off heads and limbs with swords and axes until leveling up to pretty late in the game unlike the first where you could do those violent kills 3-4 hours into the game. The main quest is so bugged, like 1/3 of the main quest missions I'd get some bug blocking progression and have to back out and reload to advance.

R&C Rift Apart is a cool game but I didn't think it lived up to the hype. Not the must buy I was expecting from the previews. I'd still give it an 8/10 though, and I think it has a 4k40 mode.

Also - are buying used games a thing still? I have Disc edition.
    No restrictions on used games other than if it comes with a DLC code or something obviously you won't be able to use that if the original owner redeemed. Gamefly is likely to be your best bet for cheap used games in good quality.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 05-23-2022 at 08:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i havent played TLOU2 yet but by all accounts its outstanding. im pretty sure you could get GoW and Spider-Man for less than 15-20 apiece.
    resistanze definitely won't want the Spiderman PS4 version since there is no way to upgrade it to the PS5 version. And there is no way to buy Spiderman Remastered by itself. You have to buy either Miles Morales Ultimate for PS5, which includes Spiderman Remastered, or any other version of Miles Morales and then buy a digital copy of Spiderman Remastered for $20 that can only be ordered from your game library if you already have a copy of Miles Morales in it. Miles Morales has a free upgrade to the PS5 version if you buy the PS4 version though I think. Also God of War will probably be $10 for the Days of Play Sale starting Wednesday. I actually liked TLOU2 better than the original, as unpopular an opinion as that is.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 05-23-2022 at 08:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also a lot of people seem to consider Horizon Forbidden West the best looking game on PS5. Personally the 60 fps performance mode looks hideous on my 4k monitor, lots of shimmering on nearby foliage and lot of terrible aliasing on distant objects, can look almost PS3 level at times. And while it's a well known bug, mostly noticed by OLED screen users (though I use an IPS panel monitor and see it), it doesn't seem to be universal and most people think it looks great on their 4k panels.

I highly recommend Horizon Zero Dawn. Plays kind of like a third person Far Cry but with much more interesting combat, world, and story. That's another one you'll probably find for $10 starting Wednesday, since that's its typical sale price these days (MSRP is $20). Also has a free PS5 upgrade running 60 fps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horizon zero dawn is outstanding tbh. PS4 literary was quite amazing. But that’s not going to be a quick 15-20 hour game

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll go with A Plague’s Tale: Innocence since it hasn’t been mentioned.

It’s a beautiful game cinematically, gameplay and the narrative is top notch. Sony had this for free not too long ago along with a free PS5 upgrade. That’s how I got it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ratchet is pretty dope if you like platformers/action shooters, tbh... The Astro Bot game that comes free with the console is also pretty nice...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ratchet is pretty dope if you like platformers/action shooters, tbh... The Astro Bot game that comes free with the console is also pretty nice...
    Yeah Astro Bot is a really nice pack-in. Also bend over I'll give you a pack-in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    resistanze man, have a half decent gaming PC these days? Or still rocking the i5-4690k + GTX 970 combo everyone bought in 2014/15? Because if you have a gpu say GTX 1070 / 1660 Super level or better I'd definitely play RDR2 on PC since the PS4 version is stuck at 30 fps even on PS5. Took some careful settings tweaking but I could play 1080p60 and have it look amazing on my Xeon E3-1231v3 (basically an i7-4770 but marketed as a server processor) and GTX 1660 Super. Think the game would wreck a GTX 970 though. If you missed RDR2 it's another must play from last gen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been playing Star Wars: The Fallen Order again, there's a new, free PS5 upgrade for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if it goes back to the ps2 i just might
    No comment. I like spurraider though, I think he deserves his wish...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been playing Star Wars: The Fallen Order again, there's a new, free PS5 upgrade for it.
    Sounds like a sequel is being announced next month for it too. LOL one of my favorite Girlfriend Reviews:

Thread Information