Page 20 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good for game stop so they can sell a year 2 old used game for the discounted price of $54.99 while paying somebody $8 for the trade-in

In all seriousness though, you can usually find physical copies of games at big box stores a lot cheaper than digital. Target for example I already get 15% off everything because of the red card and my daughter's employee discount, then they have sales all the time on top of it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also

spurraider21, Reck, apalisoc_9, you guys going to play Miles Morales and Horizon Forbidden West on PS4 or will you save them for when you get a PS5? Gotta think Horizon Forbidden West is going to run like complete dog on an OG PS4 / PS4 Slim though.
    In all likelihood, yes I will.

Will the PS4 version be 60 dollars? I'm not one to obsess over graphics. If the games look as good as God of War 4, death Stranding type high quality, I really dont care for upgraded graphics.

I'm not to keen on paying extra dinero for what would probably be a short ass game in Miles Morales. Imagine paying 70+ dollars on a 4 hour COD game too. outta here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In all seriousness though, you can usually find physical copies of games at big box stores a lot cheaper than digital. Target for example I already get 15% off everything because of the red card and my daughter's employee discount, then they have sales all the time on top of it.
    thats true. target/walmart/best buy have those clearance bins, but thats not necessarily used games, but rather they're just trying to clear up shelf space for new games

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good for game stop so they can sell a year 2 old used game for the discounted price of $54.99 while paying somebody $8 for the trade-in
    I'm going to miss Gamestop when they go under, there are often really profitable loopholes in their trade deals. I once used one to sell them my copy of Nioh 1 for like $80 store credit and just bought PSN cards. They had a trade-in deal in summer 2017 you could game to get a Switch + Pro Controller + Zelda BOTW for like $200 out of pocket by buying a few cheap games from Best Buy / Walmart / etc and then taking them out the wrapper and selling them to Gamestop used with these huge trade-in bonuses they were giving if you sold them 6+ games. Like you'd go buy Plants Vs Zombies 2 for $18 at Best Buy, take off the wrapper, and sell it to Gamestop used for $54 store credit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to miss Gamestop when they go under, there are often really profitable loopholes in their trade deals. I once used one to sell them my copy of Nioh 1 for like $80 store credit and just bought PSN cards. They had a trade-in deal in summer 2017 you could game to get a Switch + Pro Controller + Zelda BOTW for like $200 out of pocket by buying a few cheap games from Best Buy / Walmart / etc and then taking them out the wrapper and selling them to Gamestop used with these huge trade-in bonuses they were giving if you sold them 6+ games. Like you'd go buy Plants Vs Zombies 2 for $18 at Best Buy, take off the wrapper, and sell it to Gamestop used for $54 store credit.
    It's not a loophole if you have to buy a bunch of cheap games at store A then go to store B to make the trade work.

Your local store must've been an outlier. They never presented me with 50 dollars of store credit at any point. They always tried to shove their powerup card thing every time when all I wanted was a simple trade.

Gamestop and their shady business practices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a loophole if you have to buy a bunch of cheap games at store A then go to store B to make the trade work.

Your local store must've been an outlier. They never presented me with 50 dollars of store credit at any point. They always tried to shove their powerup card thing every time when all I wanted was a simple trade.

Gamestop and their shady business practices.
    I mean you should only be trading to them when they have good promotions going on. Most of the time the trade-in values are horrendous but their corporate must be nothing but re s because their national promotions often have ways to really game them. The last really stupid promotion they had was when they were shutting some stores down a few months ago and clearing out stock so you could buy a used XBox One X from those closing stores for like $130 and then go sell it to the Gamestop down the street for around $300 store credit after trade-in bonuses were factored in. Even if you wanted cash you'd still come out way ahead.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I mean you should only be trading to them when they have good promotions going on. Most of the time the trade-in values are horrendous but their corporate must be nothing but re s because their national promotions often have ways to really game them. The last really stupid promotion they had was when they were shutting some stores down a few months ago and clearing out stock so you could buy a used XBox One X from those closing stores for like $130 and then go sell it to the Gamestop down the street for around $300 store credit after trade-in bonuses were factored in. Even if you wanted cash you'd still come out way ahead.

Saw a guy buy a used copy of some game and sell. It back to the same store for like a 5 dollar profit. The place said he would do it, but only once

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New UI images got release and my my this looks neat and tidy.

I’m kind of proud of Sony for fixing their ty interface and making it look sexy as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New UI images got release and my my this looks neat and tidy.

I’m kind of proud of Sony for fixing their ty interface and making it look sexy as .
    I still don't see what was wrong with the PS4 UI. It was simple and easy to use. If you want to see a ty UI look at XBox One and the last UI on 360. Those were so ing busy and annoying to use, but Microsoft has a long and storied history of making garbage UI.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't see what was wrong with the PS4 UI. It was simple and easy to use. If you want to see a ty UI look at XBox One and the last UI on 360. Those were so ing busy and annoying to use, but Microsoft has a long and storied history of making garbage UI.
    I have a few problems with the PS4 one. Too big and just overly disorganized.

I hate that I have to scroll forever to get to the game library. Also why do they still include a "browser" in these things? It's useless and just clutters the place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a few problems with the PS4 one. Too big and just overly disorganized.

I hate that I have to scroll forever to get to the game library. Also why do they still include a "browser" in these things? It's useless and just clutters the place.
    Any time I have an OS that puts a bunch of crap on the main screen I just make a "crap" folder and dump it all in there. Now my PS4 UI is just a bunch of games and one crap folder at the end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF Sony? They're removing PS3 games from the PS Store when accessed via computer or mobile, so you can only buy PS3 games from the Playstation Store on your PS3. The Playstation Store is horrible to access on a PS3, it's so ridiculously slow.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF Sony? They're removing PS3 games from the PS Store when accessed via computer or mobile, so you can only buy PS3 games from the Playstation Store on your PS3. The Playstation Store is horrible to access on a PS3, it's so ridiculously slow.
    You're still buying PS3 games at all?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're still buying PS3 games at all?
    Nope, put CFW on my PS3 like a year ago so I could play Japanese games that never got released in the West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new PlayStation Web Store sucks. No wishlists, lots of big ads, no more filters, and they don't even put the names of games anymore, instead you just browse a bunch of cover art icons. I don't get what the was wrong with the web store before. it was much easier to shop and find what you're looking for instead of having to look through hundreds of images to browse their sales. Maybe they got rid of the text for each game so r/PS4Deals couldn't post a list of all the games in their sales?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new PlayStation Web Store sucks. No wishlists, lots of big ads, no more filters, and they don't even put the names of games anymore, instead you just browse a bunch of cover art icons. I don't get what the was wrong with the web store before. it was much easier to shop and find what you're looking for instead of having to look through hundreds of images to browse their sales. Maybe they got rid of the text for each game so r/PS4Deals couldn't post a list of all the games in their sales?
    That mother er seems buggy as . It doesn't even let me log in. It just acts like it does but sends me to the main page and I still see the sign in tab.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Work in progress, tbh... lots of stuff being worked on right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Work in progress, tbh... lots of stuff being worked on right now.
    They're trying to keep mother ers like me and spurraider21 from only buying games on deep discount, right? God damn r/PS4Deals and that PSN Wishlist have saved me so much money since I got a PS4 in 2016.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're trying to keep mother ers like me and spurraider21 from only buying games on deep discount, right? God damn r/PS4Deals and that PSN Wishlist have saved me so much money since I got a PS4 in 2016.
    I think that's one of the things that have been done right, so I'll be surprised if it changes much at all. There has been a update to the pipeline going to from devs to release, which is why I suspect there's a bit of a rough ride right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sony is handing out PS5s like candy to YouTube reviewers. Wth

Everyone has one, even low tier reviewers. That pisses me off somehow..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God this thing is enormous. It's going to be a great system but it's ing ugly too. Wish they would have just gone with something simple like XBox Series X's design.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God this thing is enormous. It's going to be a great system but it's ing ugly too. Wish they would have just gone with something simple like XBox Series X's design.

I'll just wait two, three years down the road for the smaller, error-free redesigned PS5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re less than one week away from the launch of PlayStation 5 in the U.S., and your PS5 console gift will be on its way soon!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re less than one week away from the launch of PlayStation 5 in the U.S., and your PS5 console gift will be on its way soon!

I thought your ass was stuck playing Switch and catching COVID in the RGV?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought your ass was stuck playing Switch and catching COVID in the RGV?
    Not flying out until mid December, tbh

Thread Information