Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364
Results 1,576 to 1,582 of 1582
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also the two God of War games on PS5 play very much like the Souls games so they're a must if you have that kind of taste in gaming. God of War 2018 is on PC also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much appreciated, dude! Seriously. Yeah, I gotta say the FFs put the PS5 over the top but there's a lot of cool stuff there. I haven't played shin mi gami, makes me think of deathnote instantly lol

My PC is relatively nice but it's shoved in my office and my frickin kids are always running around the living room, dining room etc doing a bunch of they ain't supposed to. And I ain't lettin' near my tower by dragging it closer I'd rather a brand new PS5 go down, which it probably will be stomped on, crushed a bit, chewed on etc lol. Sometimes I wonder why we even had these little f*ckers ll

But yeah, thank you BB!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much appreciated, dude! Seriously. Yeah, I gotta say the FFs put the PS5 over the top but there's a lot of cool stuff there. I haven't played shin mi gami, makes me think of deathnote instantly lol

My PC is relatively nice but it's shoved in my office and my frickin kids are always running around the living room, dining room etc doing a bunch of they ain't supposed to. And I ain't lettin' near my tower by dragging it closer I'd rather a brand new PS5 go down, which it probably will be stomped on, crushed a bit, chewed on etc lol. Sometimes I wonder why we even had these little f*ckers ll

But yeah, thank you BB!!
    Shin Megami Tensei games are like Persona minus the HS life sim stuff and with way harder and better combat. I do think SMT and Persona are the two series with the best turn based combat of any JRPG series, not even close. If you haven't played Dragon Quest, it's the original JRPG series and the one so big they had to move release dates from Friday to Saturday in Japan to keep kids from skipping school to wait in line to buy the game on Day 1. The art style in Dragon Quest is from Akira Toriyama of Dragonball fame. Yakuza Like a Dragon and Like a Dragon Ishin are basically Dragon Quest games set in the Yakuza/Like a Dragon universe. Absolutely incredible clones of the games but with a modern Japanese gangster vibe instead of the old school knights and maidens vibe of the Dragon Quest games.

Gotta warn your kids will kill the PS5 controller if they're rough with it, as they're super prone to stick drift. Though XBox and Switch use the same crap stick mechanism so they're every bit as prone to stick drift too. ing bull to pay $70 for a controller and it doesn't even have hall effect sticks (that can never develop drift) like the Dreamcast did stock 25 years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ funny you talk about this, I've gone through multiple controllers and now there's a specific "home" for the controller and it's always plugged in and my six year old gets in deep if it leaves it's "home" for more than the next cocomelon or super mario run on youtube.

As for the persona comparison, I just looked it up as I haven't played it in ages and that actually sounds pretty cool. I felt like the combat was more of an afterthought when I last played persona (wanna say it was pt 3 - you were in a school and , it never occurred to me that it's probably inspired by or inspired death note lol). I got a long ways through Elden Ring but then got an itch to play skyrim with some hardcore difficulty mods and so I'm restarting elden ring, gonna try to "blind" speedrun since technically it's my 2nd time through or at least most of the way through (i think). Then I'm gonna spring for the PS5 and FF7 remakes and go from there. My xbox also is pretty much shot and makes a loud noise every now and then lol, the framerate drops randomly on games it never did before, etc. time for the pasture, literally gonna destroy it office style in the backyard after a drink or two because why not/I'm a sociopath who enjoys ing with the neighbors. My kids will enjoy the show, I'm sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of the best JRPG are on both systems: e.g.,

Persona 5 Royal
    Persona 3 Reload
    Dragon Quest XI S (don't get the non S version, it has a ty MIDI soundtrack)
    Yakuza Like a Dragon
    Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth
    NieR Automata
    Nier Replicant
    Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
    Persona 4 Golden
    Elden Ring
    Dark Souls series
    Okami
    Ni No Kuni 1
    Sekiro

PS5 does have the FF games, and a few other bangers though:

Final Fantasy VII Remake (also on PC)
    Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
    Final Fantasy XVI
    Bloodborne
    Ghost of Tsushima
    Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
    Dragon's Crown
    Demon's Souls Remake

Switch ain't to be slept on if you like JRPG though with exclusives like:

Shin Megami Tensei V
    Xenoblade Chronicles 1-3

I'd go PS5 myself in your shoes, though Game Pass is ing nice too with Persona 3 Reload and Yakuza Like a Dragon on it right now. Though I usually just buy a month of PC Game Pass for $10 whenever a game I want comes out on it. Used it for Like a Dragon Gaiden and Lies of P last November and now for Persona 3 Reload this month. Doesn't have enough that I haven't played for me to continually subscribe to Game Pass.
    not to mention the action-rpg games like god of war, horizon, etc, or other single player bangers like spiderman

ps5 blocks poorbox out of the water

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ funny you talk about this, I've gone through multiple controllers and now there's a specific "home" for the controller and it's always plugged in and my six year old gets in deep if it leaves it's "home" for more than the next cocomelon or super mario run on youtube.

As for the persona comparison, I just looked it up as I haven't played it in ages and that actually sounds pretty cool. I felt like the combat was more of an afterthought when I last played persona (wanna say it was pt 3 - you were in a school and , it never occurred to me that it's probably inspired by or inspired death note lol). I got a long ways through Elden Ring but then got an itch to play skyrim with some hardcore difficulty mods and so I'm restarting elden ring, gonna try to "blind" speedrun since technically it's my 2nd time through or at least most of the way through (i think). Then I'm gonna spring for the PS5 and FF7 remakes and go from there. My xbox also is pretty much shot and makes a loud noise every now and then lol, the framerate drops randomly on games it never did before, etc. time for the pasture, literally gonna destroy it office style in the backyard after a drink or two because why not/I'm a sociopath who enjoys ing with the neighbors. My kids will enjoy the show, I'm sure.
    If you buy the FFVII Rebirth (eg Part 2) Twin Pack from PSN before launch date you get FFVII Remake (eg Part 1) with all its DLC included free

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...83148264580163

So if you want to play Rebirth in the next month or two when it's still going to be full price everywhere might as well buy that twin pack. Unless you like buying physical so you can resell I guess. Part 1 is brilliant BTW. I'll start on the demo of Part 2 once I finish Persona 3 Reload.

Also if you buy a Persona game I'd highly recommend Persona 5 Royal when the PS5 version drops to $30. Kind of surprised it isn't there right now since Steam has it for $30 currently. Persona 5 Royal for PS4 plays well on PS5 too but runs 30 fps instead of the PS5 version that runs at 60 fps on PS5. Also don't buy regular Persona 5 as Persona 5 Royal is a far superior game and you can't upgrade base Persona 5 to Persona 5 Royal.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-12-2024 at 09:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not to mention the action-rpg games like god of war, horizon, etc, or other single player bangers like spiderman

ps5 blocks poorbox out of the water
    Only thing ShineBox has going for it is Game Pass, which is awesome to buy a month at a time when something you want comes out but not enough to buy recurring IMO. Hence PoorStation 5 plus PoorC is the way to go. Poortendo as a third string system is good too if you have a hacked Switch but if not no thanks paying $60 and $70 for everything good on it even seven years after the game's launch.

Thread Information