Post Count
    yourMamiSaysHi

Add me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yourMamiSaysHi

Add me
    Will do. Let me know what time you're usually online.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Will do. Let me know what time you're usually online.
    Great!

I'm usually on at 6pm Pacific

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like they're trying to fuse the dualshock with the xbox controller...

battery life is the big question mark. dualshock 4 was trash in that respect
    Man that stupid light and the touchpad completely ed battery life. DS4 has a 33% higher capacity battery than the DS3 but gets maybe 1/5 of the playtime that a DS3 does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, not sure I even want to know what the final console looks like

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, it's expected.

https://www.destructoid.com/playstat...t-587210.phtml

PS5 to see fewer launch units than PS4

A new report from business news outlet Bloomberg suggests that Sony plan to produce only a limited supply of PlayStation 5 units for the console's first year of launch, "far fewer" than that of PlayStation's previous generations.

The report, which Bloomberg attributes to insiders, cites that a powerful and expensive internal composition - and therefore a loftier price tag - is the reason for the smaller production run, commenting that "game developers" are predicting the PS5 to retail for between $499 and $549 at launch. Around five million consoles are expected to be produced for the fiscal year ending March 2021. By comparison, the PS4 shipped 7.5 million consoles in its first half-year.

While it would seem obvious to point to the ongoing COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic as a reason for the limited release, Bloomberg's sources say that global health concerns have only affected Sony's PS5 marketing plans. Production will go ahead as scheduled, in its originally expected capacity, with no last-minute delays on the horizon.

The report also states that Sony plans to further promote its current hardware, PlayStation 4, as a "bridge" to the next generation. It is suggested that Sony will drop the price of the PS4 and the PS4 Pro at the PS5's launch in order to encourage new PlayStation Plus subscriptions.

Of course, the key words here are "suggested" and "predicted," It's worth noting that none of this has been officially announced. Business - all business - is in a completely fragile state right now, with production, marketing, distribution, retail, and overall economic issues worldwide. So, although there is probable truth in elements of this report, the industry as a whole is currently at its most unpredictable.

PlayStation 5 is scheduled to launch Holiday 2020.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year? Really

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man if it's going to be $499 or higher I'm probably buying an XBox Series X. Then I'll get PS5 in a few years when they put out a Slim that doesn't have cooling problems and will be cheaper. Not like Sony ever has many good exclusives the first couple of years of a console gen anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man if it's going to be $499 or higher I'm probably buying an XBox Series X. Then I'll get PS5 in a few years when they put out a Slim that doesn't have cooling problems and will be cheaper. Not like Sony ever has many good exclusives the first couple of years of a console gen anyways.
    we can always ask ElNono about the timeline for the next god of war game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you have inside information I'd be extremely surprised to see another God of War before say Fall 2022 since Sony always seems to reveal blockbusters at least two years in advance to build hype. Plus Santa Monica isn't known to be the kind of studio to rush games.

Given spec difference between the two and that the best early gen games tend to be multiplats the only way Sony has to win me over this year is price. Otherwise I'll probably get Series X as a gaming PC replacement unless someone can lay out a clear case why PS5's faster SSD means it'll be able to do things Series X can't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yoaki form is OP
    ElNono

You fighting boses in normal form?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you have inside information I'd be extremely surprised to see another God of War before say Fall 2022 since Sony always seems to reveal blockbusters at least two years in advance to build hype. Plus Santa Monica isn't known to be the kind of studio to rush games.

Given spec difference between the two and that the best early gen games tend to be multiplats the only way Sony has to win me over this year is price. Otherwise I'll probably get Series X as a gaming PC replacement unless someone can lay out a clear case why PS5's faster SSD means it'll be able to do things Series X can't.
    there's no way i'm going to buy a poorbox. if i was ever going to buy mutliple consoles from one gen it would be sony and nintendo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's no way i'm going to buy a poorbox. if i was ever going to buy mutliple consoles from one gen it would be sony and nintendo.
    gamepass is really good tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first two XBox were really good and this one looks great too. They were only this gen because their re CEO Don Mattrick had XBox One designed as an HTPC instead of a gaming console, but that got is long since gone. At this point XBox Series X is a no-brainer over a gaming PC unless you're really into RTS that are terrible on a console. And Sony isn't likely to have the exclusives to make me buy the lesser hardware until a few years into the gen. It wasn't until 2017 that PS4 really had enough exclusives to be worth buying, though it became must-buy pretty quickly in 2017. Same with PS3 until 2009 when Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, inFAMOUS, and Killzone 2 came out.

Speaking of Nintendo, Switch sounds like it's getting Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Super Mario Sunshine, and I forget what else this year to celebrate the 35 year anniversary of Super Mario Bros. Good luck finding one right now though while they're being price gouged to . Wonder what I could get for my CFW Switch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first two XBox were really good and this one looks great too. They were only this gen because their re CEO Don Mattrick had XBox One designed as an HTPC instead of a gaming console, but that got is long since gone. At this point XBox Series X is a no-brainer over a gaming PC unless you're really into RTS that are terrible on a console. And Sony isn't likely to have the exclusives to make me buy the lesser hardware until a few years into the gen. It wasn't until 2017 that PS4 really had enough exclusives to be worth buying, though it became must-buy pretty quickly in 2017. Same with PS3 until 2009 when Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, inFAMOUS, and Killzone 2 came out.

Speaking of Nintendo, Switch sounds like it's getting Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Super Mario Sunshine, and I forget what else this year to celebrate the 35 year anniversary of Super Mario Bros. Good luck finding one right now though while they're being price gouged to . Wonder what I could get for my CFW Switch.
    im going to inevitably get a PS5 because i know there will be God of War and there will almost certainly be Horizon 2. the even limited backward compatibility is appealing because we dont like clutter around the TV. im not going to buy a poorbox as a placeholder because it is a slightly stronger machine that will provide functionally the same gameplay experience

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im going to inevitably get a PS5 because i know there will be God of War and there will almost certainly be Horizon 2. the even limited backward compatibility is appealing because we dont like clutter around the TV. im not going to buy a poorbox as a placeholder because it is a slightly stronger machine that will provide functionally the same gameplay experience
    Series X would be my main gaming system, not the placeholder, since it's the more powerful one. Well, if they are similarly priced. With Ninja Theory and especially Obsidian being Microsoft studios now I'm going to buy one anyways. Though I'm the opposite, my main TV has a PS2, PS3, PS4, Playstation TV, Switch, and a BC Wii connected to it right now and sometimes I put my 360 or SNES Classic on it also.

Retired my Raspberry Pi though since the SNES Classic plays SNES and NES games way better and the PS3 plays PS1 games with a really good emulator, while my hacked Switch is better for Genesis and arcade games than the Pi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yikes.

And you think the Xbox will have more and better exclusives at first?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yikes.

gamepass would be better

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gamepass would be better
    Why

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yikes.

No it won't. Neither console will have good exclusives most likely early on. The only company that ever launches with good exclusives is Nintendo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it won't. Neither console will have good exclusives most likely early on. The only company that ever launches with good exclusives is Nintendo.
    How much is the box gonna be? Cant imagine it will be more than 50 bucks less.

If the PS5 has an improved intreface unlike the mess that is the PS4, I might buy it within the next year, otherwise, I'll wait a couple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Niglets don't ask me about stuff I can't talk about... smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yoaki form is OP
    ElNono

You fighting boses in normal form?
    Yokai doesn't last long, tbh... and some of the boss fights can go on for a while... you'll see what I mean soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much is the box gonna be? Cant imagine it will be more than 50 bucks less.

If the PS5 has an improved intreface unlike the mess that is the PS4, I might buy it within the next year, otherwise, I'll wait a couple.
    If PS5 is going to go for $500 I think Microsoft will try to match that price to win back market share after the disaster of Box One.

Thread Information