Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've enjoyed getting back in the saddle this season and writing after every Spurs game. The season has obviously had it's ups and downs but it's been fun -- for me, at least. I want to take things to the next level with SpursTalk, write even more and attempt to grow the reach of our community.

With that in mind, Kori and I have put plans into motion that will have the following results:

1. The forum will be open to guests once again. This has been requested a lot and we will be making this change shortly.

2. I've started the ball rolling on a complete revamp of SpursTalk's homepage. The goal will be to complement and enhance the content that is found on the forum. This will be worked on over the summer and will be ready by next season.

3. As I mentioned, I'll be writing more and I'll be reaching out to get others to write. There's a void of high-quality Spurs content these days (we miss you, Johnny Ludden) and I believe we can fill that void.

4. To fund the server costs, planned upgrades, web development and more, we will experiment with minimal non-intrusive ads. As we test the ad placements, please post in this thread to let me know if you see any ads that don't fit that criteria (redirects, pop-ups, inappropriate content, etc.). A screenshot would be helpful, along with letting me know what type of device you are on. Though, honestly, it's unlikely that there will be any issues.

Thanks to everyone who has hung out during this roller coaster season. I don't know how the ride will end but I've enjoyed it. And I hope to kick things up a few notches going forward as we take SpursTalk to the next level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep up the good work, son.

If you ever shut this place down I think I will die from abstinence. I would need to start doing coke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've enjoyed getting back in the saddle this season and writing after every Spurs game. The season has obviously had it's ups and downs but it's been fun -- for me, at least. I want to take things to the next level with SpursTalk, write even more and attempt to grow the reach of our community.

With that in mind, Kori and I have put plans into motion that will have the following results:

1. The forum will be open to guests once again. This has been requested a lot and we will be making this change shortly.
    Does this mean Portland fans get to post here when we play them in Rd. 2, tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to seeing how things shake out. It's Raise The Bar all over again!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

thanks for continuing running the place tbh... For the ads go for it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whatever it takes

Race 4 Seis Chodus!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be nice to have a bar with upcoming games, last games score, and standing. spurs.com is straight garbage with keeping up with that and only seem to care about selling tickets.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff timvp, thanks.

Will there be a way to hide quotes by ignored posters? That way it will be like they don't exist. We will need that more than ever once registration is fully open imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vis-a-vis the funding, I wonder if ya'll would explore importing a premium membership where the board will look as clean as it today.
    Ads are marginally unobtrusive on message boards these days, but it would be nice perk to avoid seeing them, and help crowd source the site.

I've enjoyed the resurgence of this board over the last two years. Reminds me of the earlier days of substantive board banter (spursreport RIP).

Your game grades/recaps helped gain insight on the season for those of us who didn't watch the games live. Insight John Carroll would be envious of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should be given my own column.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe just do donations instead of ads? I'd be cool throwing in cash every now and then, and I'm sure many other posters feel the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as I stay bold

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people care so much about ads? Unless they are of the type that pop up everytime you change pages, and you need to be closing them off, they make no difference whatsoever, tbh.
    Last edited by DAF86; 04-18-2019 at 01:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people care so much about ads? Unless they are of the type that pop up everytime you changes pages, and you need to be closing them off, they make no difference whatsoever, tbh.
    I'm on my phone 99% of the time I'm on here tbh. Ads can be pretty annoying, even if they are non-intrusive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2. I've started the ball rolling on a complete revamp of SpursTalk's homepage. The goal will be to complement and enhance the content that is found on the forum. This will be worked on over the summer and will be ready by next season.

3. As I mentioned, I'll be writing more and I'll be reaching out to get others to write. There's a void of high-quality Spurs content these days (we miss you, Johnny Ludden) and I believe we can fill that void.

4. To fund the server costs, planned upgrades, web development and more, we will experiment with minimal non-intrusive ads. As we test the ad placements, please post in this thread to let me know if you see any ads that don't fit that criteria (redirects, pop-ups, inappropriate content, etc.). A screenshot would be helpful, along with letting me know what type of device you are on. Though, honestly, it's unlikely that there will be any issues.

Thanks to everyone who has hung out during this roller coaster season. I don't know how the ride will end but I've enjoyed it. And I hope to kick things up a few notches going forward as we take SpursTalk to the next level.
    thanks for coming back and steadying what had been a rocky ship and for providing a voice of reason in an ocean brimming with crap. i have good vibes about the upcoming spurs season and look forward to the changes.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    give out special flair and privilages for donors instead of ads, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we have direct channel to RC/Pop this time? I have some ideas about some of our players

Thanks Timvp for the continuous effort to improve my second home

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe just do donations instead of ads? I'd be cool throwing in cash every now and then, and I'm sure many other posters feel the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll pay $5.99/month if we had a weekly ducks column tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks timvp for the updates. The design on the game grades are looking quite snazzy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also would love a live stream or youtube version of some guys talking about the team's strategy, updates about draft picks, player's lives, and comments on forum poster's insights as well as ty takes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should be given my own column.
    As long as it's heavily redacted.

Sounds great, timvp, lookin' forward to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding the possibility of premium membership, sure, that might be possible down the line. We can look at it over the summer. Right now, we are going to implement a couple non-intrusive ads and see how it goes. Again, there shouldn't be any pop-up/unders, rollovers, etc. Any feedback in this thread will be taken into consideration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff, thanks as always LJ and Kori!

Thread Information