Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2016 DJ Murray hit. Perhaps a total hit but sadly the injury has postponed.
    2017 Derrick White total freaking hit so far.
    2018 Lonnie Walker jury still way out. Get a haircut too.

I'm thinking CIA Pop is the one behind Patty "Leader" Mills and Gasoft disaster contracts. Think RC had nothing to do with it and had to go along?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have heard spurs assistant GM Brian Wright is pretty bright , and will be our next GM when Buford moves on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have heard spurs assistant GM Brian Wright is pretty bright , and will be our next GM when Buford moves on.
    ya it's always interesting who really found the prospect, ie Ginobili and Porker, Kwa Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Buford want to move on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Buford want to move on?
    He's a TOSB.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle Anderson was a good pick, too. I realize he's dogged on this site, but he's a good NBA player picked very late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle Anderson was a good pick, too. I realize he's dogged on this site, but he's a good NBA player picked very late.
    CoJo was good too except Butler was pick immediately after him. Kawhi and Butler, kapow!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CoJo was good too except Butler was pick immediately after him. Kawhi and Butler, kapow!
    It's easy to go crazy noting how many players we missed. It's impossible to get them all. Rodions Kurucs on the Nets looks great, for example. Most teams are gonna kick themselves for not picking Derrick White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's easy to go crazy noting how many players we missed. It's impossible to get them all. Rodions Kurucs on the Nets looks great, for example. Most teams are gonna kick themselves for not picking Derrick White.
    Teams tend to stay away from outgoing seniors, and opt for 18-19 athletic freaks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, two guys to bail, and force their way off the team?

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and it's not Buford's fault that Kyle decided not to work on his jump shot tbh, if Kyle put in half the time that KL or Murray does...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    murray is nothing special and will mount to nothing...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said the same thing about White when he was drafted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC is awful in free agency. Not surprising since it’s not sas model. But he’s well below average in free agency and trades. He’s top notch in drafting.

At the end of the day drafting alone is so important and he’s so good that it’s really all that matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC is awful in free agency. Not surprising since it’s not sas model. But he’s well below average in free agency and trades. He’s top notch in drafting.

At the end of the day drafting alone is so important and he’s so good that it’s really all that matters.
    Just guessing, but I think RC's hands are tied when it comes to free agency, with parameters on the amount of money the Spurs can spend on a free agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just guessing, but I think RC's hands are tied when it comes to free agency, with parameters on the amount of money the Spurs can spend on a free agent.
    No doubt there are many factors; but even just looking at the money he did spend it’s not great.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don’t know how much the Mills/Gasol “culture” contracts were him or Pop, but at least with the Leonard I think he did as well as you could have under the cir stances. One established cost controlled “star”, young prospect, a pick. Obviously you’re never gonna get value for a top 3 player, but what else was on the table?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC is at free agency because the Spurs are codo as . They try to get value in players. They'd love to have James and Davis but wouldn't pay a Klay Thompson and Paul George the same pay that they'd obviously get elsewhere. SA is the Sanford and Son of the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, two guys to bail, and force their way off the team?
    After 3 ships...

I could live with that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh having the big 3 has made it relatively easier to sign guys who can compliment the 3. What impresses me is the player development, how they managed to find a Green, Neal, Simmons, Boban, etc and yes including nephew and make them play effectively in Spurs system albeit some not as effective with other teams who don’t know how to use them, with the exception of you know who and Green. And again with Forbes and White they continue that excellence. But trading, I don’t remember anyone except Kiwi who they were forced into. I really don’t remember anybody else especially in mid-season. That’s why I cannot help to wonder if they will ever trade Pau or Mills, etc for that elusive 3 and D, because they have not so in the past, not that I recall, except on draft they to move up or stash in Europe. Nada in mid-season. We sign waived veterans, but no mid-season trades. It’s futile to talk about these possible trade scenarios because it’s not happening folks. 30 years I followed Spurs, no mid-season trades that I recall, again except draft rights, etc. Maybe because before I remember it takes 2 seasons before a player learn Pop’s complicated plays, where exactly he wants a player to be in a play. But nowadays with so many ex-Spurs coach assistants out there copying Pop, it becomes relatively easier, mainstream. But like Demar who still trying to learn plays. Gay is just now more comfortable. LMA took two seasons and failed mutiny before Pop conforms to him. I don’t think Pop trust inserting anyone mid-season and expect them to be effective. So nope I don’t think we are seeing mid-season trades soon, just my opinion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh having the big 3 has made it relatively easier to sign guys who can compliment the 3. What impresses me is the player development, how they managed to find a Green, Neal, Simmons, Boban, etc and yes including nephew and make them play effectively in Spurs system albeit some not as effective with other teams who don’t know how to use them, with the exception of you know who and Green. And again with Forbes and White they continue that excellence. But trading, I don’t remember anyone except Kiwi who they were forced into. I really don’t remember anybody else especially in mid-season. That’s why I cannot help to wonder if they will ever trade Pau or Mills, etc for that elusive 3 and D, because they have not so in the past, not that I recall, except on draft they to move up or stash in Europe. Nada in mid-season. We sign waived veterans, but no mid-season trades. It’s futile to talk about these possible trade scenarios because it’s not happening folks. 30 years I followed Spurs, no mid-season trades that I recall, again except draft rights, etc. Maybe because before I remember it takes 2 seasons before a player learn Pop’s complicated plays, where exactly he wants a player to be in a play. But nowadays with so many ex-Spurs coach assistants out there copying Pop, it becomes relatively easier, mainstream. But like Demar who still trying to learn plays. Gay is just now more comfortable. LMA took two seasons and failed mutiny before Pop conforms to him. I don’t think Pop trust inserting anyone mid-season and expect them to be effective. So nope I don’t think we are seeing mid-season trades soon, just my opinion.
    Diaw and Jackson came in mid season 2011-2012

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the problem in free agency is that Pop only gets players with a certain character which means he'll sign Mills for 12 million per year and pass on Tyreke Evans for 3 million. About 80% of NBA players will never get offers by the Spurs cause they are not over themselves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the problem in free agency is that Pop only gets players with a certain character which means he'll sign Mills for 12 million per year and pass on Tyreke Evans for 3 million. About 80% of NBA players will never get offers by the Spurs cause they are not over themselves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw and Jackson came in mid season 2011-2012
    over-themselves signings, not trade

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Talent evaluation and player development is the only way we don't end up in Seattle soon.

Thread Information