Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    I called this in the Week 5 thread or something....

NYG should've dignified their two-time champ with one last year of starting to see if he could turn it around instead of having him back up an f'ing scrub. This organization deserves to go the way of NYK for this, tbh.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartanntp

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    He was a career .500 starter and won two superbowls on defensive-minded teams that only required modest output from him.

The Giants gave him a lot of time to turn it around, he’s been dog for years now. He even entered this year as a starter but shat all over himself before he got benched.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    two time champ. Scoring only 17 points against the 07 Patriots would end in a blowout for most teams

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    two time champ. Scoring only 17 points against the 07 Patriots would end in a blowout for most teams
    Then he scored 21 points against the 11 Patriots, a team that gave up on average......21 points a game

117-117 record as a starter

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    I'd take prime Elite Manning over Struggle, Dak, Jimmy G, etc. any day of the week, tbh. Proven playoff performers > regular-season darlings.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Agree that Manning did what needed to be done. In the 08 playoffs (07 season) people forget that the Giants won all their games on the road, including at a frozen Lambau Field with Favre taking his last hurrah there. Is he an all-time great? Of course not. The Giants owed him better though. I'm not even saying don't bench him if the next Aaron Rodgers is in the wings. But benching him for some ass clown? I can't get behind that.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Agree that Manning did what needed to be done. In the 08 playoffs (07 season) people forget that the Giants won all their games on the road, including at a frozen Lambau Field with Favre taking his last hurrah there. Is he an all-time great? Of course not. The Giants owed him better though. I'm not even saying don't bench him if the next Aaron Rodgers is in the wings. But benching him for some ass clown? I can't get behind that.
    They benched him for a guy they just used a top 10 pick on who played decently well (24 touchdowns 12 interceptions as a rookie on a ty team). He might not ever turn into anything but idk how you could expect them to keep the guy they just invested their futute into on the bench so Eli can get a fairwell your.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    They benched him for a guy they just used a top 10 pick on who played decently well (24 touchdowns 12 interceptions as a rookie on a ty team). He might not ever turn into anything but idk how you could expect them to keep the guy they just invested their futute into on the bench so Eli can get a fairwell your.
    There was no rush to get him out there; it's not like they were a playoff contender.

Let him watch on the sideline and give your two-time Super Bowl Champion Franchise QB the sendoff he's earned.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    There was no rush to get him out there; it's not like they were a playoff contender.

Let him watch on the sideline and give your two-time Super Bowl Champion Franchise QB the sendoff he's earned.
    Are you really this dense? They didn’t play him because they were contending, they wanted to get him reps for his development. It’d be insanely re ed to stunt the development of the QB you just used a top 10 pick on because Eli Manning refuses to retire despite being total dog for years now and wants a farewell tour.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Are you really this dense? They didn’t play him because they were contending
    And you're calling me dense.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Eli Manning refuses to retire despite being total dog for years now and wants a farewell tour.
    His contract was up this year. You give the man his sendoff right.

Post Count
    His contract was up this year. You give the man his sendoff right.
    Exactly. They should have traded for the 2000 Ravens defense and seen if he could have game managed his way to another 'ship.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Exactly. They should have traded for the 2000 Ravens defense and seen if he could have game managed his way to another 'ship.
    Nobody's claiming Manning was going to take Giants to another chip.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    I'd take prime Elite Manning over Struggle, Dak, Jimmy G, etc. any day of the week, tbh. Proven playoff performers > regular-season darlings.
    the funny thing is that those two both have higher QB ratings than Eli in the playoffs. Just shows how overrated his playoff performances actually were tbh

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    the funny thing is that those two both have higher QB ratings than Eli in the playoffs. Just shows how overrated his playoff performances actually were tbh
    His career record in the playoffs is 0-4 outside of those two seasons (2 of them being home games)

Flukiest player to ever live, tbh....should be nowhere near the hof

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    He'll get in. He's a Manning.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    There’s no doubt. Even after he said you to the draft process. He’s considered royalty.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    To be fair, even though his career was a steamy pile of mediocrity outside of the 2007 and 2011 playoff runs, I can’t think of a QB with 2 or more Super Bowls who’s not in the HOF. If there’s any quarterback with 2+ superbowls who doesn’t deserve it it’s definitely him (some might argue Roetblisberger but hes had some playoff success outside of his two Super Bowl runs while Eli hasn’t) but voters aren’t going to buck the trend with someone who’s last name is Manning.

EDIT: Nevermind, Jim Plunkett has two super bowls and isn’t in the pro football hall of fame, so there’s a blueprint for why Manning doesn’t deserve it. Still don’t think they keep him out though.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Giants O-line was as much to blame for Manning's struggles. He has been under pressure the last 2 years in the pocket. Also has had zero receivers to speak of. Don't say Sterling Shepard is a starting quality receiver because he isn't.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    His career record in the playoffs is 0-4 outside of those two seasons (2 of them being home games)
    Unsurprising. Aside from the second Super Bowl, his teams weren't that good.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    To be fair, even though his career was a steamy pile of mediocrity outside of the 2007 and 2011 playoff runs, I can’t think of a QB with 2 or more Super Bowls who’s not in the HOF. If there’s any quarterback with 2+ superbowls who doesn’t deserve it it’s definitely him (some might argue Roetblisberger but hes had some playoff success outside of his two Super Bowl runs while Eli hasn’t) but voters aren’t going to buck the trend with someone who’s last name is Manning.

EDIT: Nevermind, Jim Plunkett has two super bowls and isn’t in the pro football hall of fame, so there’s a blueprint for why Manning doesn’t deserve it. Still don’t think they keep him out though.
    Two SBs as "the man" in the modern era has to be a golden ticket into the HOF. If Flacco has a resurgence and wins a second SB, he'll make the HOF, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    You'll snitch. You're a snitch .

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Giants O-line was as much to blame for Manning's struggles. He has been under pressure the last 2 years in the pocket. Also has had zero receivers to speak of. Don't say Sterling Shepard is a starting quality receiver because he isn't.
    He was a top ten-ish QB who came to work every day and was a steadying influence that with the right breaks got his team two chips.

He deserved a swan song. If nothing else, he should've started that last game.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Nobody's claiming Manning was going to take Giants to another chip.
    all the more reason to play the rookie instead

Thread Information